Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HGST Travelstar 2.5" 320GB Internal Hard Drive (0A78743)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 320 GB|Style: 7200RPM|Change

on January 20, 2011
This is an excellent drive. Fits perfectly in a macbook pro 13 unibody. Improved a lot start up and program loading times compared to the stock drive. Very quiet for a 7200 rpm drive. I replaced a momentus xt 500gb 7200 rpm. The momentus xt is a bit faster and has a bigger storage size but reduces a lot battery life and is very very noise with significative vibration. This hitachi is like you inside a quiet reading room and the seagate momentus xt is like a rock concert. I think that this hitachi may be the quietest 7200 rpm out there. Not as quiet as the z5k500 series and far from a SSD (which is silent and much faster) but is 10 times cheaper compared to one with similar size.

very satisfied!
on September 14, 2011
I bought this drive to increase storage in my five-year-old laptop. The drive is thinner than most and required careful alignment when installing it to ensure the connectors lined up properly (it wasn't recognized by the computer on the first couple of tries). I chose this model over the 320 GB Western Digital Scorpio Black to avoid the Advanced Format issue, since I am still using Windows XP. I restored a backup of my old drive to this one and everything works great. The drive is slightly louder than the original, barely audible Hitachi Travelstar 60 GB drive (also 7200 RPM) but it doesn't really bother me since it is a relatively low-pitched sound.
on January 10, 2013
My wife has an older Compaq 17" laptop and I purchased this drive to replace the pair of hard drives that were finally giving up the ghost. The computer originally came with a pair of slow 100GB drives, and the installation of this drive made a world of difference. Any 7200 RPM drive would have made a difference, but this drive was by far the least expensive option (at the time of course) that provided a noticeable performance boost. It wasn't worth the money to buy a higher performance drive as the computer would not be able to utilize the performance characteristics of such a drive, and this computer is only worth so much to upgrade/repair as it is - so this drive provided a solid balance of performance increase, additional space, and economy.
It uses an older 3G interface, so it realistically is only appropriate for use in older computers utilizing a 1.5 or 3G interface.
on June 28, 2011
These drives are listed as having a self encryption and a enhanced availability option: instead I received a model without those features. What I received was HTS723232A7A364.

This number can be parsed with the information from Hitachi's website below. Clearly not as advertised,

HTS723232A7A364
H = Hitachi
T = Travelstar
S = Standard (vs E for Enhanced Availability)
72 = 7200 RPM
4 = No encryption (0 = No BDE hardware,
1 = Bulk Data Encryption,
5 = TCG Opal Encryption)
on December 2, 2012
A "Internal Hard Drive" is just that. Don't get it unless you are comfortable enough to work without any packaging, directions, CD, mounting screws, etc. You JUST get the drive itself. But it is well packed in bubble wrap cardboard box. And if it is a replacement drive you can reuse the mounting screws and housing from the old failed drive.

This Hitachi is fast and quite!

Pros:
- The drive has performed well so far.
- price
- speed
- quite

Cons:
- none so far..If I have any problems I will post it
Bought the 320 GB direct from Amazon.com and NOT a third party. Came in cardboard Hitachi box with the HDD in a plastic sealed sleeve with a moisture barrier and a silica pouch.

It didn't fit perfectly into the old casing since the previous Fujitsu 250GB drive was thicker, but the screws were aligned perfectly so instead of filling the entire HDD sleeve, it just sits a little higher with a gap. Since the screws anchor it securely, no worries. I didn't need to order any additional parts.

Swapped the drives and installed Windows Vista back on. Worked like a charm from the recovery disks.

This is cheaper than a similar drive from Fry's.com ($54.99 here with free Prime shipping). The 250GB is $54.99 on Frys.com, so I felt it better and wiser to get more memory for the same price (I have a Fry's nearby so I wouldn't need to ship).

I'm very happy with the drive. It's authentic Hitachi made in Taiwan.
on May 18, 2011
I bought this hard drive to replace a 250 GB, 5400 rpm drive that came in my 15" MacBook Pro. My system felt nearly twice as fast on openning and closing applications. Boot-up time has also decreased. This drive is slightly louder than my previous drive, but still very quiet. I have not noticed any difference in battery life.

This drive was working great, but seemed to get slower over time, the just failed after a few months of use. The 500GB version, which I have in another computer seems the better way to go.
on November 11, 2011
I use this drive to clone my laptop hard drive as to avoid losing data in the event of a crash. I find cloning works better than a simple back up. If your hard drive fails you can get up and running just by exchanging the drives.
on July 17, 2012
The product arrived before the expected delivery date. This helped to raise my customer satisfaction and id have to say i am thrilled about that. The product is exactly as it says it is no changes. product funcations perfectly and no issues to report. very minimal noise as to be expected for a small laptop Harddrive. phenominal price compared to many other sources priced at around 113.00 USD. Because i work in the I.T feild I tend to be very pickey on products that i order for my customers to make sure that they receive the best possible product for their money. Knowing this i would suggest this product to anyone else that asks were they could find this particular modal harddrive.
on June 25, 2011
I got this drive because I read a few reviews on it that were good, as well as a decent price for a decent amount of memory. I am very pleased with this purchase. It works like a dream for my MacBook (model 1,1). I was unfortunate to see a 1TB drive for $47 as soon as I got this in the mail, so do your research!