Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Size: 24-CupColor: RedChange

on December 29, 2010
When you're doing your silicon muffin pan research, please be advised that you want one that's 100% silicon. The ones that are not advertised as such likely use a cheaper plastic with the silicon, which will likely stink when you go to bake. At least that's what I learned when I did my own homework.

Anyways, this particular pan is great. I've made over sixty muffins with it so far and it continues to kick butt. I recommend you put a metal tray under the pan so it doesn't flex when you put it in and pull it out of the oven. You don't have to do this. In fact, I usually don't. This pan doesn't stink up the house in the oven and it's really easy to extract the muffins from the pan. Great product!
55 comments195 of 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2011
You can read all over the internet about doing the "pinch" test on silicone. You grab a piece and bend it in half, or grab a piece and squeeze it together. If you see white, it's got fillers and is not 100% silicone...and thus the fillers may be as bad for you as non-stick coatings, who knows.

But this being the only brand on Amazon that STATED it was 100%, I went ahead a bought it. Did the squeeze/pinch test and it stayed red. 100% silicone. So, better for me (until it comes out someday that silicone was a lie and horribly bad for us).

I did the test on Wilton products and the ones at Bed Bath and Beyond, and they all pinched white...
66 comments177 of 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2011
This is a wonderful product. It is heavier than most; not quite so flimsy as the ones in the stores. Yes you still do have to put it on a sheet pan. Muffins pop right out! Loving it. In fact I will purchase another one for me and one for my mom. It is a product that you just want to say, "one for me, one for you."
0Comment49 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2011
As far as use, this pan works nicely. I bought it to freeze homemade baby food. I've frozen pureed squash and breastmilk and also baked cookie cups in it and everything popped out easily. HOWEVER, the description doesn't tell you these cups are half the size of typical mini muffin pans. I thought in comparison, this was a good deal for a pan with a capacity of 24 oz. But, each cup only holds 1T, or 1/2 ounce--total capacity just 12 ounces. I could have gotten the Wilton one with 12-1 ounce cups for half the price. I'm irritated that the description is a bit misleading and at a time when money is tight, and I'm making baby food to save money, I paid double the price I should have.
99 comments144 of 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2011
These 12-Cup Silicone Muffin Pans are the best pans ever to make Quiche for breakfast. I put egg beaters, spinach, red peppers, onions and mushrooms & cheese and bake for 35 min @350 degrees. Put them in the freezer and thaw them out for breakfast. The pans do not stick and are easy to clean up.
55 comments38 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2011
I purchased this "muffin pan" to use when making candy. I can pour a chocolate mixture into the pan, let it set up and have nice uniform candies without a lot of trouble. The silicon is non-stick so the candies will pop out with a simple push on the bottom of each "dimple". The pan works extremely well for home made peanut butter cups!
22 comments23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2011
Two words come to mind: love it! I had to make sure I oiled the cups well enough to get the muffins to slide out nicely, but this mini-muffin pan has worked great. 100% silicone, too!
11 comment20 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2013
I was skeptical about baking in silicone and had read some bad reviews. I also wasn't sure if silicone would actually brown my food on the bottom. Well, today I made some muffin size egg cups (kind of like personal quiches) and they are PERFECT. In my old teflon pan, they would stick, burn in some places, and ultimately not come out of the pan. This pan is awesome!

The eggs were lightly browned on the bottom and sides just like I wanted, they slipped effortlessly out of the pan (no oil added), and the pan was cool to the touch almost immediately after coming out of the oven which is a big plus.

You absolutely do have to put this on a baking pan if you don't want slop all over the floor but that's a small price to pay for perfectly cooked and easy-to-remove food. I can't believe I waited so long to buy this pan!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to a friend.
review image
on September 20, 2011
Amazon's description of this item says it is heat resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (it used to say 600 degrees). I made Yorkshire puddings in it last night (at 500 degrees) and while washing up I noticed that the back of the muffin pan has a stamp that says "MAX +450F -40F" with a little thermometer logo next to it. This would indicate to me that the pan should not be used above 450F or below -40F.

I called Harold Import Company (HIC) to find out why there is conflicting information about the heat resistance. The woman I spoke to told me her book says it's safe to 600 degrees, so she would go by that and not by the stamp on the product itself. So do I trust a lady in NJ with a "book" to provide me with reliable information about the product, or do I trust the person(s) who put the MAX temp stamp into the mold used for making the actual product? I decided to do neither and contact Amazon about returning it. I don't need a muffin pan that "may" only be safe up to 450F or "may" be safe to 600F causing confusion about whether or not I can use it to make certain recipes.

I added a picture of the max temp stamp to the image gallery for this product. It was difficult to get a clear shot since it's monotone red-on-red, but hopefully you can make it out.
review image
55 comments72 of 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2011
I ordered this silicone bakeware for my wife because our "traditional" muffin/cupcake pans were not cooking as well as we'd expect in our oven (uneven and/or difficult to remove when not in wrappers).

This 12-cup pan has done admirably: cupcakes bake more evenly, and getting them out afterwards is a cinch.
22 comments15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse