Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: MulticolorChange

on November 10, 2003
As I grow older, I find that my ability to open jars without some kind of mechanical assistance has diminished considerably, and I'm afraid that trend isn't going to miraculously reverse itself any time soon (or ever). The Jar Pop is the best tool I've found to provide such assistance with lids whose edges are narrow and unthreaded (it's not suited for threaded, wide-edge jar lids, which is the only reason I don't give it five stars). It operates on the same principle as a traditional bottle opener: you hook the flange of the Jar Pop under the edge of the lid and pull up (gently; it doesn't take much force) on the handle . . . no twisting required. Presto! With a soft "psssht," the jar's vacuum seal is broken, and the lid is loose. Another plus is that the Jar Pop leaves the lid scarcely marred, if at all, so you'll have no trouble putting it back on the jar when you're ready to do so. The Jar Pop is inexpensively priced, its form and function are exquisitely simple, and it works extremely well. What more could you ask for? Give it a try!
0Comment41 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2007
Wrist surgery recently stopped my opening jars, like mayo, pickles, jams and such. My OT said to look for this product and found it, again on the Amazon site quickly, and was skeptical---but this gadget works so well it is amazing. Am going to buy several for stocking stuffers for the holidays.
on October 9, 2010
I love this! It makes it so very easy to brake the vacuum seal on a jar and once that's done I can easily unscrew the lid. I have arthritis and until I got this I often had to ask for help.
on October 21, 2012
Now that I am getting old and feeble (now where did I put those dumbbells?), some jars are getting very difficult to open. But the jar pop makes it a breeze. It doesn't work on all jars, but if the jar has one of those "buttons" in the center of the lid that pops up once the jar has been opened, then this thing will work. Once you have "popped" the button, the jar lid opens super easily! Weaklings of the world unite -- and get yourself a JarPop!
on March 14, 2012
Someone mistook my last one for a beer opener with tragic results, so it was time to buy a new one. I really love this little thing.
on September 14, 2012
Don't waste money on other jar opening devices. Used properly, handy gadget will make your life easier. It doesn't require any strength and takes the strain off the wrist and arthritic hands. Every kitchen should have one. I've given several as gifts.
on November 18, 2012
These jar pops are the greatest things for opening jars. No strength required. Just place under the rim of the jar, lift up, hear the pop, and open. So easy! Arthritis has severely limited my ability to open anything that requires strength, so the jar pop has made my life so much easier. Highly recommend.
on July 26, 2012
Works great every time, with no effort. I love this product and have given it to many of my friends and family because it works so well. Wish it worked on thicker lids, but I'll live with that since it does 90% of the jars so well. You won't be sorry if you get one of these.
on October 3, 2013
Brix Jar Key jar opener is not as easy to use as I expected. It's slippery, and needs a few trials before I can get it to open the jar. Even then it dents the cap, thus making it harder to screw it back.
on December 12, 2011
Four stars because it works perfectly in it's simplicity. I'm a big guy and always muscled my way through opening all sorts of jars. Well, now in my 60's, I no longer havee the young man's fire in my belly, and my hand bones are starting to scream at me. This does it for pennies.

Minus 1 stars because of poor finish. A little bit of flashing that was not trimmed tends to rip into the skin of my thumb. It took 20 seconds to learn to avoid the sharp bit and thats that.

Highly recommended, but look for the best deal on Amazon.