5.0 out of 5 stars Pet Door Collar Transmitter
Previous collars were not as rugged as these, have better batteries and easier to install replacements. Work better than the older model.
Published 15 months ago by L F Paquette

2.0 out of 5 stars This is an improvement
Published 19 months ago by Dirt4fun

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars This is an improvement, January 24, 2013
This review is from: HIGH TECH PET NEW MS-4 DIGITAL ELECTRONIC COLLAR (2 PACK) (Misc.)
The collar is an improvement over the last iteration, but it still is no where near what it should be for the price. If the collar gets wet, it fries the battery, and the only place you can get a replacement is to buy them through the manufacturer. I bought the 2 pack to replace the old collars that kept falling apart, and with to dog walking around in the rain, both collars are dead. I pulled 1 apart to see if I could find a replacement battery anywhere including a batteries plus store, and none had them. The company claims the battery will last for 5 months, but I'm lucky to get a month before it dies because the collar got damp.

The other thing I don't like with the collar, is having to use the tiny little webbing. If they flipped the hole 90 degrees, you could use a piece of Velcro to attach the remote to the collar the dog normally wears. If you have big fingers, you will spend quite a bit of time trying to get the collar off for bath time.

We will see how well the collar stays together after I get the over-priced replacement batteries I ordered, or if the collars still work.

The dog door is excellent, I'm quite happy with it, but the collar sucks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes newer isn't better., April 30, 2013
Have one on High Tech's Medium sized dog door that used the MS-2 collar. For the two dogs we had no problems with the MS-2 collar for the year we had them. Added a large dog so purchased a new door that the MS-2 collars do not work on. Had to purchase 3 MS-4 collars which cost much more than the old MS-2 collars. In less than a month 2 of the collars are no longer working. One because of moisture and one because the collar is not designed to survive a large dog's activity. The test button allows moisture in when the grass is wet. They need to go back to the old MS-2 collar. Now faced with sinking more money into inferior collar or stop using the door. The product is a great idea but needs refining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pet Door Collar Transmitter, May 31, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Executed, March 16, 2013
J. Barol (Bala Cynwyd, PA USA) - See all my reviews
We had bought the heavy duty collars from the start. The batteries corrode when the dogs get wet, despite the extra cost of being "waterproof." Our dogs in normal play often come back without the cover which pops off and gets lost in the garden. We have had to pay to replace every system in the door from the circuit board to the sensor to eventually the entire door itself. On numerous occasions the door would open and shut repeatedly, tech support told us to try loosening the screws attaching the door to the wall. While this worked it meant that we had a door that was not secure against the wall which allowed a draft to enter the house (we are in the NE United States with cold winters). Then after the door was replaced and we ordered new collars they did not work. We thought perhaps they were set at a different frequency but tech support told us no. They sent new collars but without batteries. This product is expensive enough and to make the battery proprietary makes our blood boil at this point. We currently are trying to get our door working again - amazing how much money we have sunk into this in the 2 years we have had it. As an American designed and manufactured product it is embarrassing to us that the quality is so poor. We have to do better.

3.0 out of 5 stars but the old collar wasn't great to begin with, July 9, 2014
My first advice for the MS-4 or the old collar, wrap a tight rubber band around it because the cover will pop open and next thing you know, you will be on your hands and feet in the yard searching for it. Its a vast improvement over the old collar, but the old collar wasn't great to begin with. High Tech Pet is like Apple, once you buy their door, you are basically stuck on their island, you must buy their collars, batteries, and accessories in-order for everything to work together. I am already on my 4th MS4, I have 2 for both of my shih-Tzu, and another one for my bigger dog. The ones on the little dogs works as promised, but on the bigger dog, its a hit and miss. Since Lucky is a bigger dog, he's more active, the cover constantly popping out (rubber band it), moisture gets in, dirt, it gets wet and doesn't work. I've replaced the MS4 twice and now thinking about just getting rid of the door. The new batteries promised 5 months of power, its more like 2 1/2/ months of power and at a cost of $7 per battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but needed, June 23, 2014
I have the power pet door and I need these to make sure the animals can come into the house when they want. They are not real durable but I can't tell you how much more I feel relaxed knowing they can make the choice to come and go without me getting up constantly. I will have to replace two more so I will be buying again.

1.0 out of 5 stars This collar SUCKS, June 13, 2014
3 collars broken and battries fried in two days. Dogs got wet not in the least water resistant really poor workmanship and design.

3.0 out of 5 stars Electronic collar, May 12, 2014
The system works great but I have had to replace the collars twice because the collars break apart beyond repair. Also they batteries don't last long.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad collar, February 20, 2014
This collar has the smallest D rings making it very difficult to adjust. The material slides and the collar keeps loosening. It almost strangled my cat whose leg got caught in it when it slid open. The collar also unravels. Don't believe the suggestion they provide to burn the ends of the collar to prevent unraveling. Really cheaply made.

3.0 out of 5 stars Door excellent, collar not sturdy, February 13, 2014
The High Tech Electronic door is excellent, but the electronic collar are not sturdy enough. I have two young dobbermans that keep destroying the collars even when the are protected by a thick layer of black plastic tape.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›