5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Portable PA System!!!
Published on March 19, 2010 by Linda S. Peavy

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything works, but a little more power would be better
All of the features work as advertised and I'd have to say its design is better than another competitive product I've also used, the Nady WA120. I expect it will turn out to be more durable than the Nady as a result. However, there's on big caveat; the amplification is not a powerful as the Nady.

For those who want to use it for large room with 40-60 people,...
Published on August 15, 2010 by G. Parson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Portable PA System!!!, March 19, 2010
This review is from: HISONIC HS120B Portable PA System with Wireless Microphones Black (Electronics)
As an author and professional speaker, I've known for years that a high-quality, wireless portable PA system would be a tremendous asset--if I could find a top-notch unit at a price I could afford. That was a big enough "if" to keep me straining my voice through several decades of readings, workshops, and presentations in school and college classrooms, auditoriums, senior centers, banquet halls.

I might still be procrastinating, if sudden and severe vocal cord damage hadn't made it clear that I could no longer afford NOT to own a portable wireless PA system.

After considerable research, I settled on the Hisonic HS120B--and the only regret I have is not having bought this remarkable unit decades ago!

Of course, the Hisonic HS120B hadn't been invented decades ago, and anything remotely comparable to the vocal quality and output of this system would have had an astronomical price tag and would have weighed a ton.

This unit's light and compact, and everything fits into a stylish carrying bag with a comfortable shoulder strap.

There's no voice distortion, and tone and quality are excellent, especially for a unit this small. The system's worked well for me so far, whether I'm speaking to twenty or thirty people in a library setting or to a couple of hundred in a school gym.

Two caveats: Though the HS120B has three microphones--hand-held, headset, and lapel, only one can be used at a time.

Also, there's a slight, but audible buzz from the receiver/amplifier when the unit's plugged in, but that buzz all but disappears in battery-powered mode.

I got that tip from Hisonic's customer service center, where help from caring, knowledgeable sales reps and super savy techies is truly only a phone call away.

All this adds up to a 5-star rating for the Hisonic HS120B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything works, but a little more power would be better, August 15, 2010

For those who want to use it for large room with 40-60 people, the lack of power may be a deal-breaker. If, however, one is just looking for a unit that will help with a small group in relatively small rooms, this still may be the best choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, and then some!, September 25, 2010
Because we planned on using this system in a small nursing home ministry, the 50-person capability seemed just right. However, a recent experience proved what an unexpected job this system can do. Upon ariving at church after our nursing home ministry was finished, we found that the church (900+ seating capacity) was without electric power due to a problem in the area. We brought in our neat little battery operated system, and with it placed up front on a tall stool, the Pastor could be easily heard for the remainder of the service. Needless to say, we are very pleased with this purchase and the job it did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine --- when it works., December 11, 2010
C. Nelson (Cañon City, CO USA) - See all my reviews
We bought this unit about 2 months ago so the director of our 50-voice choir would not have to shout while conducting rehearsals. The tone quality and volume are good. However, there have been some problems: 1. Access to the 9-volt battery in the wireless transmitter housing is devilishly difficult because the sliding door is much too tight. We have finally resorted to leaving the door partially open so as to more easily push it the rest of the way. 2. The instruction manual was obviously translated into English from another language and the result is a joke, with grammar and sentence structure so distorted as to make it almost incomprehensible. 3. The unit turns itself off at random intervals for no apparent reason. The sound returns if the power switch is toggled off & back on, but only to shut off again later. This happens in both wireless and powered mode. We have inspected the wireless mike and other elements, but can find no apparent cause for this. I will contact the supplier's customer service & will update this review accordingly.

Update: I contacted the supplier's Customer Service & was immediately instructed to return the entire unit for inspection, repair, replacement, or refund, at my discretion. I instructed them to repair or replace the unit if possible, otherwise to issue a refund. The unit was replaced with a new one, which I received within 2 weeks. We have since used it once for two uninterrupted hours & it seems to be working flawlessly. The wireless transmitter was also replaced & access to its battery compartment works much more smoothly. My only complaint is that I paid shipping charges to return the defective product. Still, if this unit continues to work properly, it will prove to have been a bargain, as I know it is possible to pay much more for a sound amplifier system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hisonic Portable PA System, April 9, 2011
I ordered this to use for teaching my clogging classes. I've purchased cheap $50 mic systems from Radio Shack that have lasted about a year and then they just die. This system is easy to use and sound is very clear. Can easily be heard over the music and tapping of our shoes as we dance. Comes with a handheld mic, lapel mic, and headset mic. The headset stays in place while I'm dancing and works extremely well. I am very pleased with this system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speak right up!, June 30, 2011
This product cuts through the ambient noise whenever I use it at a speaking engagement or seminar I am providing outside my chiropractic office. It gives me the confidence to speak in normal tones and to vary my voice volume, knowing that it will be heard by all concerned. Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to store. Not my first experience with this type of system, so this is a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little system!, December 3, 2010
K. Stevens (Hudsonville, MI) - See all my reviews
Easy to use - just charge it up at home, and when you have to use it, take it out of the nifty little case and turn it on. NO CORDS!! The sound quality is great. Everything I needed it to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars HISONIC PA IS TERRIFIC, June 9, 2010
The Hisonic HS-120B , purchased from Amazon, is a great little PA weith plenty of power and clarity. Light weight and easy to use, it is ideal anywhere voice enhancing is needed.

If you are looking for a great little PA system at a very good price, coupled with Amazon's fine service, look no further.

If your thinking of buying a PA soon, please order a Hisonic 120-B PA, not only do you get a great little PA, but also many many extras such as mics, wireless transmitter, a carrying case, and evn thr 9 voilt batteries ed for the mics, and a built in rechargable battery in the PA unit itself., all included with the PA.

I HIGHLY recommend this little PA to do the job for you when speaking, entertaining, or anywhere voice projection is needed. The tone is crystal clear! I am VERY pleased with this little gem!

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Gem, October 15, 2010
This system is a little gem of a PA/amp system. As the bandleader and emcee of a jazz band I have a number of requirements for amplification. The bass and guitars all have their own amps but for vocals, announcing and other instruments we needed up to 3 -4 mics at a time. We have found this system more than fills the bill. The lip mic is great for emcee work; the lapel mic can be attached to a horn for solo work and we can run 3 mics at a time thru the amp for vocals. Too early to say on durability and maybe the system could use a little more power but for so much capability in such a small package how can you beat it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased at Amazon, July 27, 2011
This portable P.A. system lives up to the good reviews. Great portability and sound. We have used it for both small and large groups (up to 50) and have had no problems.