Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: History Classics: History's Mysteries [DVD]
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 11, 2012
I don't take these short History Channel documentaries entirely seriously anyway, but that isn't why I watch them. I appreciate the sense of wonder and hint of strange they try to convey. I bought this collection for the size & price, and it was more or less what I expected I guess, but noticeably uneven. Not all of these shows were produced for the same broadcast program, so the approach is a bit different from episode to episode. For example, one show treated Roswell with incredible skepticism, but another views crop circles with absurd credulity. The "Nazi Ghost Train" episode must have been selected for inclusion on the title alone by someone who never bothered to view it, because while there may be some history involved, there's nothing mysterious about it (it was a Belgian train that was sabotaged so it couldn't deliver prisoners to German concentration camps; there's no unexplained phenomena involved at all). Certainly ok for the price and affords a few hours of distraction, but hardly the pinnacle of the genre.
on October 18, 2012
This is what I call a one timer...Very interesting and I enjoyed it from start to end, but not as addictive as some of the other History channel documentaries that I have watched over and over, and will watch again...
on July 1, 2013
This is definitely a low level collection of History Channel documentaries. I did not get my money's worth on this set as all topics are all too brief and filled with information which is very old and very well known. The best episode is the one on the Bermuda Triangle but it just stops short of being compelling and offers a basic "There's something There" generic explanation.
on August 21, 2013
Being a History Buff, I am interested in learning what is not known or written in text books or is different to what has been written in the past. I enjoy the world of the undiscovered or newly discovered facts and artefacts.
Amazon provides me with All this plus great deals and fast shipping, at low prices.
The support staff and packaging Staff both offer excellent services, and as a bonus for me...being able to procure what I love at better than home charges in New Zealand makes me a very Happy Customer with No complaints.
AMAZON gets a 10/10 score from this zealous guy.
Thanks Amazon.
on March 25, 2013
Mysteries are one of my favorite things in life and trying to figure out the whys and the how comes, and so forth. I also love the mysteries of our planet and how there is so much to be learned and then the whys when we do learn something. There are always going to be more questions than answers, but that is part of the great mysteries of life. There are a lot of different history mysteries to this package and it is worth it.
on January 22, 2014
I love History Channel documentaries, especially about the "mysterious and haunted". Great set of 1990's documentaries. From two different doc series that appeared on History Channel.
on April 8, 2014
Definitely would recommend this! Historical references are great and they discussed a side of history that hadn't heard! Relax and enjoy!
on March 17, 2016
Good DVD. Some stories are duplicates from other DVD's, of similar nature, that I have bought but still overall a good DVD.
on June 24, 2013
I have being enjoying every minute of this dvd. I watch it at least once a week. It is informative and entertaining.
on January 3, 2014
5 out 5 liked it.
like this video.
would recommend this product to anybody who likes history or to learn.