1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Service, September 23, 2007
This review is from: HITACHI 55HDX99 55" UltraVision Director's Series Plasma HDTV (Electronics)
I bought this Plasma TV and had problems from the start. It appeared as if the TV lost the signal and would recycle the start process. Often coming at times that disrupted the viewing experience. Finally, after only 8 months of use, the TV started recycling every 15 seconds or so, the picture and sound would go off and the blue light at the front of the set would blink signaling that the TV was acquiring the signal again, this process is repeating every 15 seconds.

I called Hitachi America and they said that I had to call their authorized service center and that even though the TV was only 8 months old, they would not replace it but repair it.

I called Best Buy Magnolia Home Theatre and they sent someone out 6 days later. When the repair guy showed up he said that he had to order parts because he was not sure what was wrong with the TV. I called Hitachi again with the repair person present and informed them that we were already going into 10 days without a repair and that it appeared that we would have to wait an additional 10 do get a chance to fix this TV. They again said "sorry" but no replacement ony repair.

Even though the TV looked great when it was working, this slow service and unwillingness to replace an obviously defective product leaves me o choice but to rate this experience 2 stars. Terrible warranty service on a high ticket item.

If you bought this tv and have had a similar experience please let us know. Send Hitachi a message tha bad consumer service is not acceptable. ... ...