Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on May 11, 2013
My wife has a Ipad and my daughter has a Ipad mini. My daughter will not let me use hers anytime and my wife almost always has her Ipad with her so that is a no go as well.

I like to connect to the internet without moving my lap top around. I found the Ipad to be nice and light alternative over the lap top. However, I did not want to pay the money for the Ipad. I ran across this HKC for $89 and decided to try it.

I wanted something small and light to do things like check emails, check the weather, read articles on the internet, read books, watch video's on you tube or netflix, check stocks, etc. I am not much into playing games but tried a few just for fun. The games work great!

At the very first I did not like the response and the learning curve of the HKC over the Ipad. That did not last long. The HKC learned what I wanted to look for quickly and soon I was easily moving around to view the things I routinely wanted to view on a moments notice.

I also use the Quickoffice ($15) to load and view Word, Excell, and PDF documents for work, etc. remotely. Awesome! I use this device to load files and take to meetings instead of my phone which is too small of a screen to view documents. This also prevents me from having to take my lap top to some meetings where I only want to view documents and not amend or work on them.

I have an Iphone 5 for my cell phone and love it. I just did not want to pay the money for an Ipad. The HKC is not quite the quality of the Ipad but it cost no where near what the Ipad cost. The HKC is a great device and I am glad I purchased it and would do so again knowing what I know now.

I will recommend this device to friends.

I am puzzled by the bad review the other person made about his three (3) HKC's purchased. I have had no issues with mine at all. I have used my HKC for about 6 months. I found the bad review while looking for a gel case for mine. I decided to review the product because I do not think this product deserves the bad review.

Great product. I would buy again.
on August 11, 2013
If you are looking for at good cheap tablet for every day use, for your kid to play with, to watch movies as you travel, well you get the drift, this is the one you want. It has only 2 draw backs, 1. No Bluetooth and 2. If you want it go online you must use wifi, there is no option to sign it to a plan. However, this is fixable by simply getting a wifi broadband portable hotspot with a plan and your good to go! The touch screen on this rocks, battery time lasts about 3 hours of continuous movie watching which is not bad. Its only weakness that I've found is the charging jack on the unit. If you are not gentile it will come loose from the circuit board or break off. However, a 5 dollar visit to any Radio Shack to get a pigtail you leave in place and a cheap tablet cover to mount the pigtail to will solve this. All in all, a good value for the money!
on June 28, 2013
I wanted a cheap tablet, and I did a lot of research and this is the best by far. I can download every app I want, and I also added flash player so I can go to some of my favorite websites. I have had my little tablet going on two months now. And it beats out tablets like Nook by a mile. My family also purchased these for their children. And well they've been thrown, dropped, etc and they are still in great condition. If it breaks its no big deal because it doesn't cost too much. The charge on these isn't really that long that's one of the downsides, but other than that they are pretty nice. I'm enjoying mine, but I will soon update to the Samsung galaxy because its served its purpose. I recommend these for people looking to buy a cheap tablet, or people who have small kids.
on January 9, 2014
My mom bought me this tablet as an extra tablet for my home, and it started freezing and then stopped turning on altogether in under three months. When I called customer service, they seemed professional, sending me reset instructions. After that didn't work, they instructed me to email their warranty department, telling me I would get a response in 24 hours.

Warranty never got back to me (after I tried them twice) ... Fast forward a week later, I contacted the customer service department again and left a voice mail explaining my problem. In response, they resent the factory reset information, even though my email explained that I was already beyond the reset stage, and get this -- IT WAS A MASS EMAIL TO ABOUT 20 CUSTOMERS AT ONCE, NOT BLIND COPIED! Totally unprofessional and sort of stupid and unbelievable for a tech company.

As to whether they will honor their warranty, it remains to be seen.

Save your $80 and buy a tablet from someone else!
55 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2013
I've been super impressed with the HKC 7 inch except for three, rather small issues. The first issue I have is charging. It seems to charge steadily until 87%, then hangs at 87% for what seems like an hour then, starts moving again and shows fully charged after about ten minutes. This is very unsettling. It seems like something bad may be lurking and will pop up any day. The sound is horrible on this thing. I assume it was meant to be used with headphones. That was kind of a bummer. The only other issue I have with it, is the placement of the home, and power buttons and lack of a volume rocker. It started making noise during a meeting and it took what seemed like forever before I figured out how to mute it.

That's it. I can list all of the things I wish it had, (like a second camera, Bluetooth, and GPS capability) but if I really wanted those things, I could have gotten all of that by buying a more expensive tablet. It runs Netflix better than my wife's iPad. It downloads apps fast. The screen is bright. The touch screen is quick to respond, even to a light touch. Skype worked well the two times I have done it.

If you want an iPad, buy an iPad. If you're looking for something to check e-mail and surf eBay on, this thing is hard to beat, for the money.
on May 11, 2013
Wish I had purchased this tablet earlier. Is easily as good (OK, almost as good) as my ASUS but I paid more than twice as much. I really do use this tablet more due to ease and cost. I'm also not as worried about damaging it due to the low cost. I often bring it to the gym and watch Netflicks while walking on the treadmill. Would not do this with my expensive ASUS or any IPad, Samsung, etc.
It is responsive and easy to use. All the apps work fine. Thinking about getting another.
on May 4, 2014
I got this tablet about 5 months ago and it works well for what it cost but then while watching a YouTube video it froze couldn't get it to do anything. I let the battery run out and tried to charge it and it wouldn't charge but started to heat. I left it unplugged for a couple of days then plugged it again, it charged came on and froze again. I pressed the reset button, which only turns it off, turned it back on and again it froze. No help from the manual or customer service.
on July 4, 2015
Touch screen with drive you mad. It always like to touch just below where you put your finger. This than makes you not want to use it. Pre-installed waste a lot of the storage space so you will need a memory card. Any app I had installed would run really slow and video would buffer a lot. Got this for my son and he never want to use it. It makes a great coaster tho.
on August 6, 2013
The tablet is OK - about like other 7" tablets. But HKC provides almost no support. Their instruction manual is badly written and vague; their update link and information doesn't work (and their response when I pointed that out was to give me exactly the same link). I honestly can't recommend this to anybody.
on November 15, 2015
Bought in February 2014. A scant 6 months later, the battery stopped holding a charge. Returned it to HKC support as per their instructions. Apparently, they did nothing and returned it to me -- because when I got it back it had the exact problem. So I stopped using it. Sitting on my bedside table (unplugged), the battery recently exploded (see pics below), pushing the touchscreen off the tablet! Bad, bad battery!!!
review image review image review image review image