4.0 out of 5 stars Economy Monitor
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest computer monitor on Amazon and very good quality
Published 12 months ago by PansyHunter

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest computer monitor on Amazon and very good quality, January 17, 2014
This review is from: HL163ABB 16-Inch LED LED backlight Monitor (Personal Computers)
Most complaints are that the monitor is small, which is true (it's stated to be only 16 inches! What are you expecting! take a ruler and measure 16-inches diagonally before you buy it then). I wanted a small monitor that was cheap, and this is the perfect monitor. I paid only $70 in January 2014. Once you open the box, it comes with it's own VGA cable and a power supply, both of these cables are super short. The power cord for the monitor is only ~4 feet long so I suggest you have an extension cable. The VGA cable is only ~3 feet long, so you may need to purchase a longer VGA cable if you plan on hooking up your desktop computer or laptop from a long distance to your monitor. The default setting on the monitor is set perfectly for me (100% brightness and the contrast is great). There are 5 buttons (can be seen on the Amazon image) on the bottom right that you can use to adjust the contrast/brightness and a power button. Another positive is that the monitor weighs less than a pound so you can easily move it around your home or take it with you to different places. Another neat feature is the monitor can be tilted up or down with little effort. I don't know why there are complaints about the viewing angle because I can view the monitor from any angle (there are some monitors where you can't see the monitor at <45 degrees horizontally, but this is not one of those monitors. I've only owned the monitor for 1 day, so this review may change once I have it for awhile.

Edit: After really looking at the monitor and comparing it to my laptop monitor with a 2GB graphic cards, the colors of this monitor aren't that great. I guess the contrast needs to be better, and even if you try to adjust the settings on the monitor, the best is just "okay." I would not use this type of monitor for gaming or watching movies, just for basic use only; or else it's hard to see dark backgrounds/scenes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Economy Monitor, October 11, 2013
Amazon Customer (columbus, ms United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this monitor as a second screen for my son's computer. Works well for it's purpose - more screen space to open multiple windows when he is doing homework. It is made out of very light plastic. Blacks are washed out and look dark gray, so color reproduction is questionable but wasn't expecting much for the price. Bottom line, this is a good economy monitor for office applications.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRICE AND GOOD QUALITY, October 27, 2013
April kid "aprilkid" (Cerritos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I was very much impressed to see the quality of this small PC monitor, well bigger that the normal laptop screen but very effective.
Good resolution and colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!! LOVE IT, November 25, 2013
I bought this as a spare monitor to use when repairing computers. I was pleasantly surprised by is light weight and its thin size. The picture quality is incredible. Very bright and vivid much better than my 22 inch. but it is more than 3 years old. It made me realize that its time to upgrade the old monitor. LOL!!! Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crisp colors and detail, December 14, 2013
I did not expect this quality. I was buying this for backup PC work, but it is way better than my 22 inch regular display, only smaller.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Bright,Crisp Monitor, March 1, 2014
I was wonderfully surprised by the brightness and crispness of this monitor for its size and for the price. I needed a monitor for a secondary computer in my office and did not want to pay much, and in not paying I did not expect much quality, but this monitor is definitely great quality for the price. I do not know specs and technicalities of the picture but do know when something is more than I expected and works and looks great to my eye. Would definitely buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars why did you change the design!!!!!!, May 6, 2014
works great. lost two stars because some genius moved the vga connector to the back making it impossible to wall mount without adapters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good -, inexpensive monitor., January 10, 2014
Rocky Sullivan (Bayonne, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I use this monitor as a second monitor for my Mac Mini computer. It is a small size and does not take up a lot of space on the desk and has a good clear picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars New Moniter, March 31, 2014
Eliot Cohen "Eliot" (Boynton Beach, FL United States) - See all my reviews
My old flat screen monitor for my Dell desktop crapped out. My system is an older one and I didn't want to make a major investment. I found this unit on Amazon and bought it for a very reasonable price. It is great. I get an excellent picture and for my purposes the 16" is large enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars 16" Widescreen LED, June 15, 2014
Received the monitor on the date promised and it works great. Great color and easy to use it is what I was looking for Thanks.

HL163ABB 16-Inch LED LED backlight Monitor