Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD

Price:$24.49+ $6.50 shipping

on February 1, 2012
I anxiously waited for this product as my previous steamer died last weekend. I was sceptical since there were no reviews, but it was 1200w, (more power, more heat, more action)& only $30, I took the gamble. My only regret is that I didn't have this unit last weekend when we were cleaning up after renters. This unit has amazing power and steam, I'm buying two more for my daughters. Be careful filling, if it's not cool the water you pour in boils on impact. The unit does get quite warm but with extra hot steam I expected that. If you need to get the job done this little guy will really help out!
I just re-read the product description and it now states 1000w, so I went to check my unit and it clearly states 1200w. I don't know if the current item is 1000w or 1200w. My review is based on the 1200w model.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2012
I bought this one because the reviews were pretty good and the price was great! I used it to first clean some spots on my carpet one night. Woke up the next morning and my carpet spots were completely gone! It even removed the tough stains from my dogs throw up that I had tried to clean before with carpet cleaner. Since than I've used it on my kids clothes, shoes, toys, etc. It gets the tough stains and smells out! Great buy and very easy to use!
on March 24, 2012
Wanted something to clean the interior of my car and my tile floor in the bathroom where the hairspray gets on it, it works like a charm!
on June 9, 2012
This is an amazing little machine. I'm not sure what I expected, but this exceeds my expectations. It is very powerful! I purhcased it mostly to use cleaning and disenfecting my toilets, but I also use it to clean the showers, sinks and spot stain/disenfect the carpet. It is easy to use and works great - very much worth $30.
on June 8, 2012
My shipment arrived on time. When I opened the box, the steamer was just thrown inside with no packing material. I looked it over and I didnt see any damage. I used about 1 or 2 weeks later. It worked really well I was impressed. A full tank lasted a long while until my project was finished. I purchased to clean the window wells of my home. It worked great once I got used to the steamer.

I was cleaning the window in the bathroom, when I finishes I still had some steam left, so I tried it on a hard water stain on the sink that I have had for years. To my amazement the stain started flaking off. I was very happy.

It is a handy tool, happy with the purchase
on October 10, 2012
Handheld Steam Cleaner

wonderfull for cleaning ,dust off screens,grease off grill,dirty tile in bathroom,kitchen appliances,including oven works just as it should.
on August 10, 2012
this product works great for my recent bed bug problem.... this unit has the power that gives you the confidence. with 275 degrees at 1200w. the destription mis-reads 1000w which means more for you... so super hot that it set off my smoke alarm in that room... lol
on October 17, 2012
Was quite surprised at what a nice job this steamer did. I looked at a lot of them before I picked this one. The price was great also.
on May 21, 2014
I actually have TWO of these, and they BOTH behave identically, leading me to suspect a systemic design flaw. (one ordered directly from H.L.A. the other through Amazon) I have at least two other brands of similar Steam Cleaners (also verifiably Amazon ordered) Here is how Steam Cleaner SHOULD work: After filling with Distilled Water, and heating up, you SHOULD get a CONTINUOS blast of steam as long as thumb button is held down continously! The H.L.A. Steamer, after a minute or two of continous steam, SHUTS ITSELF OFF! (the red power light goes out) after about 45 seconds or more, of no power, the water inside stops boiling, about that time, the red power light comes ON again, and stays on for about 15 to 20 seconds... just as the water inside almost begins to start boiling again, the red power light goes OFF AGAIN! (the Steamer has shut itself OFF again!) This cycle repeats itself over and over, resulting in the EFFECT, that you absolutely CAN NOT get a continous blast of steam through the front steam nozzle! At best, you get a brief, weak fizzle of steam lasting only a few seconds, since, as the water starts to boil, the unit always SHUTS ITSELF OFF AGAIN! Through trial and error testing, I discovered a piculiar quirk; identically common behavior exhibited by BOTH of the H.L.A. Steamers: If, after filling unit with water like normal, you LEAVE unit sitting on stationary surface, after plugging it into power outlet, only PARTIALLY screw down the black filler cap on top... this is a hollow threaded bolt, with a single hole drilled into it's side, meant as a pressure relief safety measure. If you screw it in a couple of turns, so this 'safety hole' is STILL ABOVE the flush top, and pointing off to the SIDE of the steamer, you WILL get a blast of steam coming out of that 'safety hole' CONTINOUSLY, not stopping every few seconds, as it does if you screw cap down ALL the way and try to have steam come out the front spigot, with thumb knob held down!! This unit is ONLY good as a makeshift Room Steamer, for when you are sick, and want to breath in Steam! Word of caution: DON'T stand in front of the steam blast for the first 30 seconds or so- even if you've only slightly over filled the water chamber, a bit of HOT water may come spraying out of that hole, along with the steam! After a minute or so, it should be safe, and a steady, CONTINOUS blast of steam comes out that hole for a good 10 minutes! The minute the water runs out, the steam stops, and the power light goes out. I discovered that even though unit is empty (no water) it will CONTINUE to heat (power light will come on intermitantly) so be sure to unplug unit! Wait a few minutes for it to cool down, then refill, and repeat cycle. I discovered that if you try to refill it BEFORE it cools down, hot water will come spraying out the filler hole for the first few seconds, until the added water has a chance to cool down the internal heating coils! The behavior of these units suggests to me, the systemic design flaw is an OVERLY SENSITIVE internal pressure cut-off solenoid that PREMATURELY cuts off power when you try to use Steamer the way it was intended! BUT if you leave filler cap only partially screwed down, with the steam coming out the pressure relief 'safety hole' -the internal pressure never builds up enough to activate the (defective) OVERLY sensitive pressure cut-off solenoid! Thus, this device is usable ONLY as a makeshift Room Steamer, that, if you are sick, only gives an annoyingly short 10 minutes of steam! The ONLY "good" thing about this steamer is that it IS a good 1200 Watts (ALL the other similar models I have are only about a Thousand Watts) BUT that powerful 1200 Watts is TOTALLY WASTED by this units defective inability to function as intended! (unless you are sick, and need a make shift Room Steamer!) It goes without saying, if you have children, don't let them near this thing!
on August 9, 2012
This steam unit is exactly what was being demonstrated at our fair this past summer, but was priced at about one fourth what they were asking during the demonstrations. Great product and works just like the ones at the fair.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse