on January 28, 2013
I was previously on a weight loss plan where I lost 50 pounds (180 lbs down to 130 lbs). I didn't use any drugs, just these shakes and the HMR entrees (real food that is vacuum sealed - no need to refrigerate). These are by far my favorite type of shakes, and I have tried them all. (For comparison, the Cookie Diet shakes made me want to puke, they were so gross!)
What I do: I still drink these shakes for breakfast to maintain my weight - plus I just like the taste of them. I think they taste especially good if I have a bigger shake using a whole packet of vanilla and a half a packet of chocolate. I use a Magic Bullet, using the tall cup, put 8 ice cubes, the 1.5 packet of shakes, and fill the rest with water. Blend it up and put the lid on it and take it to work to sip. I think it takes JUST LIKE a Wendy's frosty! (To be fair, it's been a while since I've had a Frosty, but the shakes taste pretty darn good).
The trick with these shakes (and the HMR entrees) is to eat like 8 times a day, every 1.5-2 hours. The difficulty to blend ice at work is what made me buy the entrees - they're microwave friendly. So, I would bring a shake to work in the morning, eat an entree during the late morning, come home for lunch and blend up another shake, have another entree in the afternoon, a shake for dinner and then a shake after the gym. Because you blend these shakes up with ice, the volume makes you full. I think it only took 1-2 days to get used to the "reduced" food on this diet (compared to my previous volume of food that made me fat). Because the shakes taste so good, I didn't mind the diet at all.
For some variety, I would add sugar free flavored syrup. I liked to add raspberry or peppermint syrup to the chocolate shakes and strawberry syrup to the vanilla shakes. But both flavors taste good plain too. I really enjoy plain vanilla.
Be sure and take the vitamins included in the box of shakes. These shakes are a no-brainer for losing weight and feeling great about yourself.
I'm not affiliated with HMR or the company that has these for sale, I just thought I would share what worked for me, plus I can't believe how much I still like these shakes...they almost taste like dessert :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on March 15, 2014
The chocolate shake tastes really good and if fixed as they indicate is pretty thick. I have a Vitamixer so I add double the ice they indicate and it turns it into a thick, cold shake. They do fill you up and if you do 5 a day, well spread out, it makes fasting easy and you will lose weight.
The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star rating is because they use saccharine and aspartame for sweeteners. I would give it a 5 star if they used something like true Stevia.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again