Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HOMEDICS PALM MASSAGER W/3 HEAD ATTACH.
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon December 29, 2004
It is nice for once to have something that isn't a huge yard stick to use. It is light enough & the strap works great so your hand isn't fatigued. I am only 5' 2 & average body & do not find it that heavy or cumbersome. It's good so that if you're working on someone else, you can get closer & have a free hand to work on other parts of the muscle, etc.
Since it only has one point instead of the usual two, you can get into more precise, smaller areas of hypertonicity (knots) such as under the scapula (shoulder blade) w/o worrying the other ball like on other machines will pound/vibrate painfully the bones nearby.
The strength of the machine itself could be better, but the more you press, the stronger it gets & it does get the job done. The fact it uses a dial instead of just 2 or 3 speeds is a GREAT idea. You have perfect control to use it as slow, pounding percussion on slower speeds &almost a very fast, almost vibration at the higher speeds.
I gave the heat ability 10 min to get hot & the red plastic tip only got slightly warm, but when I took off the tip, the mechanism was burning hot, so be careful. As another reviewer said, only the red tip does heat, the black contured & back circle tip ones do not.
Because it's design & the dial function & it's stronger the more you press, I love using this on my clients.
on September 15, 2005
My new HoMedics MT-PA Palm Percussion Massager arrived several weeks ago. I have been using it 4 or 5 times a day, every day. I purchased it primarily for my neck and shoulder areas, but soon found that it works wonderfully on my feet, arms and other places, bringing great relief for sore muscles.

For me, one of the best things about the massager, is its sensitive adjustibility, which ranges from a light touch, to a full, deep, penetrating, pulsing massage, reaching muscles none of my other massagers can. I love this product. But then I expected it to, because it's made by HoMedics. This company is absolutely hands down, the best manufacture making these type products in the industry today. I can always count on their products to be made well, and to perform at the highest levels; and so far, always as advertised.

This is my fourth HoMedics massager I have purchased over the past six years-and I have never been disappointed. I can highly recommend this hand held massager to anyone who needs quick relief from stressed muscles. Surely one of the three included attachments should bring relief for what ails you.

A final thought: I really appreciate this company keeping the cost of its products so affordable.
on August 9, 2005
I found this to be very good for my shoulder bursitis pain and, when used lightly, good to loosen the tense neck muscles after a long day at the computer. It's too heavy and awkward to use it yourself for anything other than arm and leg massage. You really need a partner to use it on your neck, shoulders, or back. It'll loosen up your lower back muscles really fast too. The continuously variable speed control is a nice feature. The heat feature is weak and I didn't find it to be of much benefit at all. Overall,a good percussion massager that's priced right. Keep it away from any of your more sensitive areas --It'll thump you good !
The Palm Percussion Personal Massage is perfect for massaging away daily tension with or without heat. The 3 custom massage attachments allow three forms of massage.

Pinpoint Massage - Works everywhere but on the head, the 2,200 pulses per minute are fine on the shoulders and lower neck.

Heated Massage - The heat is especially comforting on your feet and shoulders.

Contoured Massage - great for legs

While holding this unit, it is easy to control the speed with one fingertip and the adjustable strap makes holding the unit especially easy when giving or receiving a massage.

Perfect for deep tissue massage that is therapeutic and comforting. The ergonomic design makes this a favorite and the speed control dial makes it easy to change the intensity level. Perfect to take with you when traveling because it is so compact and also great to use while watching movies or after exercising.

~The Rebecca Review
on March 4, 2007
I bought this to try and get constant "knots" out of my wife's neck and lower back, and boy... let me tell ya' ... It sure has saved ME a lot of time and sore hands/fingers !

I used to spend almost a good 45 minutes trying to get the "knots" worked out quite often. The percussion along with the HEAT feature sure helps with that now.

This has a switch for 1.) OFF 2.) MASSAGE 3.) MASSAGE/HEAT. It is by your thumb (IF strapped on your right hand). The variable speed switch is the rotary dial that would be at the end of your ring finger.

I think the ONLY drawback that we can find with this is that it has only 1 heat attachment. The other 2 screw on attachments are made out of a hard "pliable" (and I say that loosely) hard rubber/plastic compound and are NOT capable of conducting the heat. ONLY the Red attachment is.

Inside of the percussion head on the massager (where the heads are screwed onto) is a metal shaft where the heat emits from. The only attachment that has a metal center that contacts that also and will conduct the heat is the RED attachment. The Black ones do NOT. If you attached them and accidentally & hit the switch PAST massage and into the HEAT zone, you might have some melted black attachments !!
on January 1, 2015
UPDATE: I love this one so much I decided to buy another one in case this one dies. But they are not made any more!! I did find a slightly used one on ebay, and so I have a spare, but I wonder why they stopped making something so effective and portable.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I sure hope this lasts, as it works great. I have a larger "Thumper", but it's too awkward and cumbersome to use while in bed, which because of muscle spasms, I need to do during the night. It is amazingly powerful for it's handy size, or for any size for that matter. Powerful enough to dig into butt and thigh muscles. There is another attachment, curved, which feels good on the muscles which go from neck to shoulder. I try to use it for short periods of time (5-10 min max), but so far it hasn't gotten too warm. Speaking of warm, there is a heat setting. I've read some confusing reviews about speeds, but it DOES have a separate dial for variable speed from a very slow thumping, to a steady deep vibration, so the heat or no-heat option applies to all speeds. Like the Thumper, some may find this one too rough if they are looking for gentle massage or for areas of body where the muscles are thin.
on March 11, 2005
I love this little massager. It works like a little dynamo and it's much better than I thought it would be. It's an incredible deal for the price. Give yourself a few minutes with it and you'll walk away more relaxed and serene than you were before.
on February 18, 2015
This is a powerful little massager. It has a speed controller so you can adjust to your comfort level. You can also use it with the heat setting which is a nice bonus. The only drawback is that it doesn't have a handle, so it's hard to reach the middle back without some help from someone else. Overall love it. Good purchase.
on April 16, 2015
It's Finally Back!! After all these years of not being able to find this item... woohoo!
We loved this thing! -Especially the curved shape attachment, which was perfect for certain areas and curves, such as neck, shoulder areas, etc.... its shape is perfect for the job! Highly recommend! They need to make more of these!! On ebay, these only come from Germany with electric connectivity not suitable for US.
on November 25, 2008
The performance of this product was awesome, but where the cord attaches to the unit wears down too fast. It eventually got a short in it after only a year of owning and using it. So if you buy it, don't put extra strain on the cord itself or it will break down.