5.0 out of 5 stars Much under-rated
I've watched this a couple of times now, and can't get over how under-rated it must have been to go straight to DVD. For an independent movie I could easily see this doing well as any of the film festivals - either way, it's a really well made, understated movie - I highly recommend it.
Published on July 30, 2010 by Sara Humphreys

1.0 out of 5 stars High school acting!
I made a mistake paying for this...thinking it was the Showtime show. This movie was terrible. The photography stilted, the acting sub par, and the story line confusing with misplaced flashbacks. Awful waste of time.
Published on October 1, 2012 by sch

1.0 out of 5 stars High school acting!, October 1, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars sad, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Homeland (Amazon Instant Video)
Didn't care for this much at all. Maybe it was just the story line but I found myself disinterested before getting very far into the movie and it didn't get better.

2.0 out of 5 stars A decent film, not sure about plot, December 24, 2012
This review is from: Homeland (Amazon Instant Video)
The problem with the story is I am not sure if I am reading too much into the plot or not enough. On one hand it could just be a simple mishmash of characters and circumstances that play out to a pointless conclusion and if that is the case then I could take it as poignant. But perhaps the plot is something surreal, something both beautiful and sad that I don't want to spoil. I think that is the problem, the film doesn't explore either sufficiently that your left wanting.
The characters are sadly predictable in their awkwardness, but what else could they be with the little development each is given. Although I like the minimalist acting in the film, too often films whether big or small budget get actors who think that their characters should have grand dramatic expressions or pound desks.
Ultimately this film is just okay and will not leave a lasting impression on you. What I look for in a good low budget film is an idea, plot, or character that stays with you and makes you feel or think.
Homeland is worth a viewing to someone that enjoys low budget, big idea type of films but to the average viewer I would say it's not for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Homeland, June 16, 2013
This review is from: Homeland (Amazon Instant Video)
This was one of the worst movies I have ever watched. The whole precept was contrived. This was a waste of 15 $.

2.0 out of 5 stars A plot that goes nowhere., February 5, 2014
Evelyne O. Mobbs "EviM" (Fernandina Beach, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homeland (Amazon Instant Video)
I guess if you like character exploration or shows that dive into complicated social phenomena, this might be a good one for you. I found it long and boring.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, confusing and not worth the money., January 31, 2012
Judy (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HOMELAND (DVD)
My husband and I watched this movie together. He lasted 15 minutes; I watched it for 30 minutes. This should never have gone anywhere but the trash. It's the epitomy of a low-budget film in that it's boring to the point that the confusing plot wasn't worth trying to figure out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not at all underrated - a waste of the materials used to make the DVDs, September 1, 2010
This review is from: HOMELAND (DVD)
I can easily explain how this was "underrated" enough to go straight to DVD ... it's crap! I realize it's a low budget film, but I've seen many low budget films that are well written and well acted and this is not one of them.

I was bored but kept watching the film, expecting to find that it was really some kind of science fiction story with time warps, after the line of dialog: "He must be about my age now." How is that something that any normal person would say? What universe does this story take place in? People behaved in completely weird ways that weren't explained - I couldn't relate to any of it.

The best thing I can say about this movie is it was short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much under-rated, July 30, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff !, August 10, 2013
This review is from: Homeland (Amazon Instant Video)
Roku works well and it opens a whole new set of access points for enjoyable viewing morning noon and nightime too !

HOMELAND
HOMELAND by Bao (DVD - 2013)
$19.95 $4.45