5.0 out of 5 stars Another good screen protector from HORI
Purchased a 3DS XL and the first thing I usually do is protect it. So I went looking for a protective screen. Previously with our DS Lite, we went with a HORI and it has held up so I went looking towards HORI again. I had no trouble applying the protective screen. The steps are basically, clean the 3DS XL screen with supplied cloth, set protector on screen, while held...
Published 16 months ago by Renbutsu

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but with some disappointment
After trying out a Skinomi screen protector for my 3DS XL (which was absolutely horrendous), I decided to go for this one from several recommendations made to me.

The bottom screen protector went on flawlessly. They have a pretty nice system for applying the screen protector (when it works). My favorite part about the bottom screen protector is the friction...
Published 22 months ago by Michael C. Powell

‹ Previous | 1 2 350 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good screen protector, but bad screen cleaner, December 26, 2012
Gooflee (Ypsilanti, MI United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protective Filter (Video Game)
I picked Hori screen protector over the others, because I have heard good things about Hori products. After putting numerous screen protectors on other various screens, I was honestly stunned when I saw the different tabs on the screen protector. There were yellow tabs that reminded of yellow sticky notes on them, and other tabs with numbers to help users know the order in which to remove the film.

I will agree with the other reviewers by saying don't use the yellow screen cleaner that comes with the product. It left flakes on the screen when I used it, so I needed to use another lintless cloth to clean up after it.

When I laid down the first film, I realized that I put had put it on slightly crooked. I was able to remove the film, and reapply it without any difficulties. I was able to remove all of the air bubbles with very little difficulties.

Pros:
* good quality film that should last.
* easy to get trapped air bubbles out of.

Cons:
* yellow cleaning pad leaves behind flakes.
* a lot of tabs, which can make the application a little intimidating.

The film is good quality, but I wish they would they would have provided a better screen cleaner. I would buy this product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute garbage fire!, March 8, 2014
This review is from: HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protective Filter (Video Game)
I ordered the Hori screen protectors as soon as I got my 3DS XL as I had the Hori protectors for my DS Lite and still to this day have not had a problem with them.

This is not the case with these however.

First off my set arrived in a bubble mailer envelope from Amazon in which the lovely USPS decided to fold and bend every which way. That one is on Amazon not Hori though.

After getting the product as flat as possible I finally opened it up and got my screens as clean as possible.

First off the top screen application has a severe design flaw as the #4 sticker will damage the screen protector when removing it. After application there is dust and air bubbles that were not there during the application that appear. The same can be said for the bottom screen as well. I can only theorize that somehow the place they are making these screen protectors is not a clean room.

All in all I spent around 45 minutes for application and attempts to try to minimize the flaws. Now I must also add that I work for a retailer and I apply Zagg Invisibleshields on a more than daily basis the only time I have ever had a problem with one of those is user error, which is rare and which can be easily fixed.

So I am going to invest in a set of Zagg's screen protectors in the near future and hopefully have none of the issues I have currently.

3.0 out of 5 stars Once you get it on, it is really good., April 2, 2013
This review is from: HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protective Filter (Video Game)
I had to buy 2. Getting the bottom screen was easy but, the top screen was difficult. If you mess up, it will be almost impossible to re-attach it back on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Top screen protector is awesome, touch screen protector causes hardware problems, September 6, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protective Filter (Video Game)
I've been using HORI screen protectors for years with absolutely no problems. Unfortunately, that ends today with HORI's 3DS XL screen protectors.

First of all, the top screen protector is awesome. Easy to install, impossible to see once it's on, and protects the entirety of that giant, beautiful screen.

The touch screen protector causes problems, though. It's easy enough to install, but recently I started experiencing problems with the 3DS XL where the touch screen would activate on its own, causing the system to act strangely, wig out, and launch games and such by itself, without any input from me. I almost returned my XL because I thought it was a hardware malfunction, but thankfully I called Nintendo tech support (I know, right?) and the rep asked if I was using a screen protector and suggested I remove it. I did, and sure enough, my XL instantly started acting normally again. It turns out that the screen protector was causing the touch screen to activate on its own. Bear in mind that I installed the screen protector nearly perfectly, with only one tiny air bubble to one side (and besides, I've had air bubbles before on previous DSes, and they've never caused touch screen problems).

So yeah, I want to continue saying great things about HORI products, but I can't. Their 3DS XL touch screen protector is defective, and now I'm out $9 or so with no way to protect my XL's touch screen for stylus-intensive games like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

Basically, just know what you're getting into before you buy these protectors. The top screen protector is excellent (and really, you have no other options if you want one anyway), but the touch screen protector is useless; don't bother installing it, lest you start experiencing the same hardware issues I did. I guess the best thing I can say about that is that the protector at least didn't mess up my touch screen permanently.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am extremely impressed!, March 25, 2014
This review is from: HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protective Filter (Video Game)
I've never found myself wanting to review an item on Amazon... but this item really surprised me. I wanted screen protectors for my new Zelda 3DS XL but I wasn't looking forward to applying them because I've had a bad history of putting them on by myself.

I received these in the mail last week along with my 3DS and put them to the side as I was delaying the inevitable.

I mustered up enough bravery and motivation to give these a try. I was a bit intimidated at first when i opened the package... there's quite a few more steps than I am use to seeing. (plus the Japanese writing didn't help). But I figured out what I needed to do and attempted the touch screen protector first... peeled the last layer back and inspected... SUCCESS! only a tiny air bubble that I was able to get rid of.. it looked perfect!. But can I do it twice in a row?

Cleaned the top screen of smudges/lint and began to apply the 2nd sticker. This time when I went to pull the last layer back... I had a freak-out moment.. I thought I peeled everything off!!!! But when I inspected closely, it was still on there.. just that it was near INVISIBLE... had I not seen the air bubble I left I would have definitely thought that I peeled everything back and ruined it..

Both screens applied like a dream. The small air bubbles I left were easily removed. Never have I been so successful at applying screen protectors. If I can apply these without failure... so can anyone else!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A little confusing, but ultimately easy enough, October 31, 2013
This review is from: HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protective Filter (Video Game)
In their attempt to make the application of the protector "fool proof" the manufacturer has confused things more than they should have. The real blame lies in the small instruction sheet desiged to be language-free. If it were bigger with clearer illustrations, it would be much simpler.

However, having said that, once you get the hang of it, the protectors go on smoothly with minimal bubbles if you're careful. It's nice to have a thick cardboard slider and a cloth that's safe to work out any bubbles that do form. Stays in place, perfectly sized, and pretty durable after weeks of use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Purchase, August 23, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protective Filter (Video Game)
The touchscreen protector came horribly scratched up (irony), and the microfiber cloth did more damage to the screen than if I had never attempted the application process in the first place. In the end, I chose to leave the protectors off.

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy application, scratches too easily, August 6, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protective Filter (Video Game)
The screen filter is easy to apply and the instructions are easy to follow. The air bubbles were easy to squeeze out and the dust particles can be removed using tape. However, the screen scratched very easily. I only play it at home and it somehow got 3 scratches on the top screen protector. I'm currently trying to get a replacement but the hassle of shipping what's left of the original isn't worth it. Will buy a different brand to replace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the EASIEST screen protector to install, June 1, 2013
This review is from: HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protective Filter (Video Game)
Hori is amazing. This screen protector is incredible easy to install perfectly because of the way it is designed. It is a must-have for anyone who plays a 3DS because it feels excellent and takes a few minutes to install perfectly.

2.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't recommend this product, April 19, 2013
This review is from: HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protective Filter (Video Game)
I've applied screen protectors to many different devices, everything from phones to my 13" Lenovo Yoga. I figured this would be no problem, but I was mistaken.

This was applied to a brand new 3DS XL.

Maybe it's just me, but the instructions for the bottom screen were awful, so awful that I actually ended up putting the protector on the wrong way and practically ruining it. The instructions for the top screen were fine, and it was by far the easiest screen protector I've ever applied. The problem with the top screen protector are these dark bars (looks like the screen is dim) that the protector creates. The bottom protector doesn't seem to have that issue.

If you do buy this product, please pay very close attention to the instructions for the bottom screen.

‹ Previous | 1 2 350 | Next ›