Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Labor Day Savings with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

on June 1, 2012
[EDIT #2: I've now also tried the Nyko Power Grip, and my opinion of the Hori grip still stands - that it's the best one available. While the Nyko grip does offer double the battery life for your Vita, the combination of added heft, blocking ports, and non-adjustable grips make the Nyko the inferior - not to mention more expensive - grip.]

[EDIT: Ignore the first part below; the Hori grip is no longer difficult to find using Amazon's search engine. My apologies for any confusion. Everything else still stands. Wonderful grip!]

I'm not sure why this grip is so hard to find on Amazon (it doesn't tend to show up on the search listings for "Hori," "Vita," "grip," or any combination thereof), because it's EXCELLENT.

I feel like I've been going crazy in the last few weeks looking for Vita grips that won't strain my hands. I've tried the Dreamgear grip (plush but gets in the way of the d-pad), the CTA handle grip (nice texture but impractical for dealing with analogs), and the PDP Trigger Grip (excellent triggers but, again, not great placement considering reach to analog).

Like the proverbial Goldilocks trying out porridge, I finally found the one that's juuust right for me. While it would help if Hori grip wasn't just slick plastic and had the same kind of trigger extension that the PDP one has, what's there works perfectly. The grips themselves are thick in the back, just like the Dreamgear one, except you actually have sliding grips that help you stabilize the Vita in your hand. It doesn't hurt to reach the analogs, you can hit the L/R bumpers just fine, and you can even pop up the top latch to access your game card slot.

This is a thoughtfully designed grip, and at long last, the perfect accessory to make holding a Vita more comfortable than ever!
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 20, 2012
I'm not sure what Hori's reputation with accessories is, but this is their first product I've tried. It's outstanding. Well designed and comfortable to boot, you'll find the grips are on the rear of the system, not the sides. It gives the whole thing a more substantial feel, more in line with what you expect from modern controllers. They are extendable as well, which is a great option that keeps the product considerate to your play style and hand size. Installation and removal are a breeze. The Vita just rests in the grip and a hinged closure at the top snaps gently shut. No bending or twisting plastic to remove the system, it just lifts right out. Locked in, the system is snug and secure, the charging port is accessible, and though the hinged closure does block the game slot, a simple pop open allows full access. Build quality is pretty solid and pleasant to the touch.

I came to this from the PDP grips, which were alright upon first impression but left me with cramped hands after any significant amount of time playing the Vita. They are obviously working out fine for some, but for me these Hori grips are hands down the better choice.
on January 20, 2013
Don't get any other grip for the Vita, seriously trust me. I've tried 2 other ones, one just felt awkward and another one didn't secure the Vita good enough.

This one, it secures the Vita, your able to charge the Vita, it feels like your holding a controller, hands not cramped, can play for hours or all day.
on January 10, 2013
I love my new Vita I received for Christmas, however knew after using it for about an hour that I would soon be in the market for a grip attachment. Standing or sitting while holding the Vita tends to rest the weight of the device on your fingertips against the back which would normally work fine for me. However I tend to use my handhelds mostly when lying in bed holding the Vita vertically. In this position it's just awkward to hold and still maneuver the controls. I had previously purchased a grip for my DSi XL which worked great, so found myself considering the Vita grip options here on Amazon.

A friend had purchased the CTA grip which I was able to try out. It wasn't bad, but I found the ends protruded a bit too far down to hold comfortably while laying since it made the setup top heavy even when resting the ends of the handles on my chest. But the true deal breaker was that it covered the charger port. For long gaming sessions I needed the option of plugging in the charger and rocking on.

So we come to this awesome little Hori grip. I have loved Hori's screen protectors and cases for my handhelds in the past and figured it was worth a shot. The picture here on Amazon made the grip appear to be a bit...err...stubbier? than the CTA (a GOOD thing for me) and best of all the charge port was free and clear. After receiving it and freeing it from the packaging (a fast, easy opening not requiring scissors, knife or explosives) I was happy to note that the bottom, sides and top had strips of cushioning to keep the Vita from getting scratched. These cushioned areas are the only parts of the grip that touch your device and it is held in place by a clever hinged top piece that clicks into place after positioning your Vita.

Once your Vita is in, the grip feels quite nice in the hand. I stretched out on the bed and held it on my chest and was very pleased with the overall feel and ease of reaching the buttons and touchscreens. It was then that I discovered the truly stellar feature of this particular grip: The sides both slide down about an 1 1/2" or so and click into place...extending the grip's length if you wish. I hadn't remembered reading this in the reviews and only looking at the pictures on the packaging clued me in to this. LOVE it. This truly makes this grip the most versatile I've come across and adjusts perfectly to any position you take when using your Vita.

I have to find a new case now as the Vita won't fit with the grip on and I don't really want to be taking it on/off constantly, but this is a minor gripe and one that I expected quite honestly. Overall I'm extremely happy with this buy and have only the highest praise for Hori products.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 26, 2012
this is a great product. I think the PS vita design is a little flawed because it leaves very little space for your fingers. I was often unable to play more than a 20 minutes without feeling discomfort and was always accidentally hitting the back touch pad.

This grip solves both problems, its also adjustable. I can now play for hours before feeling uncomfortable and am no longer hitting the back touch pad. It feels very similar to the PS3 controller.

You have to remove it anytime you want to switch games but at least it can charge without having to remove it. Its the first grip I tried and i am very happy with it.
on September 7, 2012
The Hori PS Vita grip is well constructed and serve it's purpose well.

Before buying this grip, short period of playing (30mins - 1 hour) will make my fingers ache due to the poor ergonomics of the Playstation Vita.

Now it is more comfortable to play my games on the Vita as I do not get those irritating ache anymore.

Overall, its worth the money.
on April 27, 2013
I purchased this product because playing fps games is a little awkward with the vita and I was hoping to make it as close to a playstation controller as possible. Though this product does help, it still is awkward playing fps with it and I am still looking out there for something else. I still recommend this product since it does help and is a much better feel in the hands. The back touchpad is a little hard/awkward to utilize with this product.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 10, 2013
I admit that paying $10-15 for a cheap hunk of molded plastic seems like a rip-off, but I have to tell you, this is one of the nicest hunks of molded plastic I've ever bought.

Placing the Vita into the Grip is an absolute breeze. It snaps quietly into the base of the unit with these little plastic gripping fingers that all have a nice, soft rubber edge so they won't scuff up your Vita. The top securing portion of the Grip can flip up and down, allowing you to put your Vita games in or take them out without any hassle whatsoever.

The bottom of the Grip has space for you to put the earphone and USB cords into it without a problem, and the rear of the Grip is wide open, too, so your fingers can have normal access to the Vita's rear touch pad.

The side grip handles, however, are the meat of the unit and they really do a sensational job. You can slide them down for a more PS3 controller style, or slide them back up for a more Gamecube-esque controller experience. In either case, all buttons, shoulder triggers, D-pad, control sticks, and the touchpad can be accessed as normal, perhaps even better than normal. Certainly more comfortably.

The best little cheap plastic hunk you'll ever buy for your Vita, hands down. Or hands up. Your choice.
on December 28, 2012
Good design, unlike some of the other grips you can charge the vita while playing and use headphones/change out games. Feels sturdy. Would recommend. Really helped me with longer gaming sessions on the vita. Also now I don't feel like I'm going to drop it when using the touch screen.
on November 27, 2012
Having tried all three of the most popular grips (PDP Trigger Grips, Nyko Power Grips & Hori Grip Attachments) for the Vita, I can honestly say that the Hori Grip Attachment is the best one. I did take me a day or two to get used to it, but after that I learned to love them. The feel of the grips is inferior to both the PDP and Nyko Trigger Grips. However, Hori's comfortability, usability and portability is far superior to any of its competitors.

The Nyko Power Grips were absolutely terrible and completely unusable. The sheer weight of the grips when you attach them to the Vita means that after only 10 or 15 minutes my wrists and palms began to ache really bad.

The triggers on the PDP grips lock up and aren't very responsive. Of course, in the heat of battle or in a race you need the triggers to respond without any issue so because of this the PDP grips are also fairly unusable. If the game you are playing doesn't rely on the triggers then you should be fine, but most of my games do rely on the triggers.

If I had to rank the grips:
1) Hori Grip Attachment
2) PDP Trigger Grips
3) Nyko Power Grips

The one thing that does concern me about the Hori Grip Attachment is its reliability. I haven't experienced any issues so far, but I think Hori could have added more foam and secured the door that locks that Vita in place better.

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

If you have questions, just ask.