5.0 out of 5 stars Better then i expected... by far
Let me start off by saying this. This is not a 250 dollar+ wheel. It is a sub 100 wheel and pedal set. Many of the reviews you will read are from people that thought this would be the same as a wheel that is 5 times the price.

This review is written about this actual item and will compare it to wheels in this price and quality class.

pros
Set up...
Published on June 6, 2012 by Bad Dog Daddy

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice enough, but too small
I love racing games and a good wheel is a must-have item. I had a different wheel, but it's departed to that great junkyard in the sky.

The Hori wheel seems to be pretty well made overall. The paddle shifters and buttons are well laid out, but the wheel is a bit on the small side (think go-kart, vs F1).

The wheel lacks force-feedback, but that would...
Published on June 21, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then i expected... by far, June 6, 2012
This review is from: HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2 (Accessory)

pros
Set up took all of thirty seconds. It is plug and play with Forza 4 no need to remap buttons.
Paddle shifters are placed perfectly behind the wheel. They have a nice click and a great feel. far better then the mad catz side shifter
Rubberized wheel is comfortable to hold. Great tension when turning and a fluid quiet return to center. The mad catz wheel is known to be a squeaky mess.
Button layout is well thought out, they are easy to reach yet never get in the way.
Great vibration
usb powered, no plug or batteries required.
dead on accurate

questionable but not detrimental
The wheel is on the small size, though bigger then the wireless official wheel. That being said it just feels right. Any bigger and you couldn't reach the buttons any smaller it would be cramped.
The foot pedals are light small but separated well enough. They have a good level of resistance.

cons
pedals are light and slide easily, same as every other budget set
wheel base has suction cups to secure to table, stand, etc i have mine suctioned to a heavy marble cutting board that works great.

overall, a great wheel better then the mad catz. much better then the wireless wheel. Takes your racing games to a new level. The best in it's price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on PC as well, July 20, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2 (Accessory)
I got this wheel (XBOX version) as this was the only available wheel in local Walmart and I am using it with PC. It works perfectly (you may need to install drivers for Xbox 360 wired controller, available from Microsoft), the only problem is that you don't have any force feedback and it's unlikely that there will ever be a driver update to support it.

I feel that this is an amazing wheel for the price! It's accurate, feel durable, sticks well to the table! My main concerns are with pedals:
1) Gas and break are on the same axis, meaning that you can't use gas and break at the same time.
2) Pedals are very light and their midpoint is close to the beginning , so if you have to be easy on throttle, you feel like you are barely touching the pedal.

Besides from those 2 problems, I feel like this is a great wheel. You also get 2 analog button on it that you can use instead of pedals, if you prefer. I would highly recommend it for somebody who wants to have fun playing games and maybe is just starting some serious simulator (like iRacing).

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice enough, but too small, June 21, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2 (Accessory)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The wheel lacks force-feedback, but that would have raised the cost of the wheel much higher. It's not really an issue since it does the job very well.

My biggest complaint with the set is the size of the pedals. Now to be fair, I have pretty big feet (14EEEE). The pedals are unusable if I wear shoes, but work after a fashion with only socks on.

Overall, I'd opt for a slightly larger wheel, but the Hori works well and will fit most people (especially kids) just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for young gamers, April 23, 2012
This review is from: HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2 (Accessory)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have owned numerous driving wheels, ranging from the Logitechs, to the Xbox wheel, to the high end Fanatec wheel.
This wheel is not competing in that same market. It is not even remotely in the same price range and therefore cannot be expected to compete at that same level.

The wheel provides only a spring loaded return to the center and vibration. There is no force feedback. Also the foot pedals are quite small and close together. It is very light and is made from thin plastic parts. But it is sturdy enough to serve its purpose. Given all this, while it is not a good wheel for serious racing gamers, it is ideal for young players (like between the ages of 7 and 10) who may not be strong enough to fight against a full force-feedback wheel, and whose feet are ideal for these smaller foot pedals. At the price point it is also not a huge investment a parent has to make.

I tested this wheel with Forza 4 and it worked right out the box. Set up was simple. Just plug and go. Just remember not to have both the Xbox game controller and this wheel active at the same time or else Forza gets confused (not a fault of this wheel- Forza gets confused with other wheels too). To resolve this, just turn off the other xbox controller.

Oh one other point I have to make. The paddle shifters on it are actually quite nice. They are driven by microswitches so there is a nice solid click when you press them. It actually feels more positive than my more expensive Fanatec wheel.

Anyway, in summary, this is a good starter wheel for young kids. But if you are an adult go with a Logitech (for PS3), Xbox wheel (for Xbox) or Fanatec (for dual compatibility and if you are serious sim racer).

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for the money, November 27, 2013
This review is from: HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2 (Accessory)
Note: Does work with PC! I didn't see this stated anywhere before my purchase, but it was good to find out. If I could give this wheel a 9/10 I would, but given the star system I think one off is best. The quick version? This is the best cheap wheel on the market.

Pros:
-Slightly rubberized wheel has a really good, grippy feel. Never had an issue.
-Button placement is mostly excellent, the d-pad and XABY buttons are easy to access without taking your eyes off the road. There thumb buttons for LSB and RSB (on a controller, clicking the sticks) are a nice touch. The only controller function this wheel can't do is the Controller's right stick movement, and almost no games use that feature. Having the guide button as a horn is a nice touch, too. (Paddle shifters double as shoulder buttons in most games)

Cons:
-That "mostly excellent" on the button placement? Right next to the thumb buttons are extra buttons for LT and RT (left trigger, right trigger). That means trying to click the left thumb button and accidentally jabbing the button below it suddenly applies 100% brake pedal- and given that you're using your thumbs, that's an easy mistake to make. The LT and RT buttons are just dumb, the pedals do just fine.
-The steering wheel has a definite dead zone. Rotating several degrees right of left gives absolutely no reading, and moving past that zone jumps the input to the where it should be. Virtually all games using wheels have an internal dead zone setting, so there's no reason to build one into the wheel. This is most likely just the result of a cheap sensor. The wheel still works, but will always feel a bit cheap due to this lack of precision, and your car will be twitchy at high speed since you can't make fine corrections.
-The wheel only rotates 360 degrees from left-to-right (well, more like 340). That's pretty close to realistic for F1 and other racing with lots of right-to-left movement, but it's incredibly twitchy for oval racing like NASCAR, where you can make full use of a 900 degree wheel. This is still better than using a controller, but if you're serious about your sims, you'll eventually need more.
-Lacks a clutch pedal (brakes and gas only). Pedals are also very light, and slide around unless you secure them.

The competition:
-The Microsoft Wireless Wheel (discontinued) may still be the king. The Hori wheel may work a little better, but doesn't have force feedback and isn't as sturdy.
-The Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel (motion-sensing) works about as well as the Hori, but has a severe lack of buttons and uses triggers instead of pedals. Where the speed wheel is just a toy, the Hori is the real deal.
-MadCatz has become a joke. Their wheels are cheap plastic junk. Avoid.

So there you have it. This is simply the best cheap 360 wheel you can buy, and it works for PC as well. The only way to do better is to find a used Microsoft wheel (and hope it's not worn out) or pony up for a Fanatec (at ten times the price, or more).

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, July 29, 2013
This review is from: HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2 (Accessory)
I just got this phenomenal racing wheel today and believe me I am not regretting my decision.
This wheel is just the right size for me and the pedals are sensitive but small.
This wheel is better than most people seem to think, they are expecting to get a Fanatec quality wheel. So far this works with every game I've tried (even though i had to tweak the controls on TDU). I would say this is a very good beginners wheel overall. I didn't want to break the bank and I also didn't want to get something and have to return it.

I had actually decided to go with the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia wheel for the Xbox, but the majority of people said it sucked. So with a little research i found this.

(Do not mount this on a textured surface because the suction cup mounting system won't work well.)

Pros
good size
vibration feedback
nice rubberized grip
easy to reach buttons
nice "clicky" pattle shifters
sensitive pedals
return to neutral wheel
Xbox 360 licensed
Quiet gears within the wheel
plug and play with Forza 4 and Horizon

Cons
Suction cup mounting (WHY??)
the pedals are close together
all plastic construction (though very, very sturdy)
only 180 degrees of rotation (not really a problem)
no pedal resistance or realistic angle

Overall i would rate this 9.8 out of 10!!
Hope this helps :)

4.0 out of 5 stars I am very happy with this racing wheel controller, July 2, 2014
This review is from: HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2 (Accessory)
Overall, I am very happy with this racing wheel controller. I got it to use with Forza Motorsport 4. While the resistance of the wheel and pedals is not quite lifelike (there is no force-feedback on this wheel, but it also doesn't cost $200+), it's definitely enough resistance to allow for good control. The wheel and pedals are a little smaller than I would've liked (I'm 6' 6" with size 16 feet) but it's adequate and I can work the pedals without issues if I'm not wearing shoes. The paddle-shifters are really great when racing. I think my only real issues with it are the suction cups used to keep it in place are inadequate (I use a weight to help hold it in place), the wheel has started squeaking a bit when turned, and the pedal unit is very lightweight and really should be used on a hard surface to keep from sliding around. But as I said, overall, I'm very happy with it.

Note for Forza Motorsport 4 - the wheel does not work well for viewing cars in the "Autovista" mode, so you have to keep switching controllers which is a bit annoying

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, June 7, 2014
This review is from: HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2 (Accessory)
I feel like 4 stars is perfect for this product. It is very fun to use, with minor problems. I used the wheel to play Forza 3, and it was outstanding. It is so much better than the controller, and I am having a blast playing it. I also own Nascar Inside Line, which I have used the wheel for only a short amount of time with that game. When I first got the wheel, I first tried to play the Nascar game. When I was driving, the car was turning to the left by itself, just a little. I was worried that the wheel wasn't working properly, but I had a hunch that it was just the set up of the car for the track, seeing how you always turn left, so that made sense. When I went on a road course, the car went straight, so I knew the wheel was fine, I just have to get use to keeping the wheel turned slightly right when on straightaways, which is challenging but I think with time it will be doable.
Now moving away from gameplay and to the actual wheel.
I guess the wheel is small, but you get used to it so fast, so I don't see the size as a downside. After some use, I noticed that the wheel turns left a little easier than it does right, probably from me turning left more often, so the left side is worn a little more. This isn't a big deal, and after breaking it in more, it will probably turn right with the same resistance. The shifters are very convenient, a little loud, makes a click when you shift, but when you're sucked into the gameplay, it probably won't bother you. Finally, there is a little squealing when I turn so far, it's not too loud, it's not distracting, but it's there. I have a feeling it will go away the more I use it, but if it stays like that forever, I really wouldn't mind. I also read some reviews where people complain about the pedals, but they are all wearing shoes and they all have the same problem of they hit both pedals instead of one. I play with bare feet or socks and I really like the pedals, so if you're having trouble then try taking off your shoes. (Side note, setting up the wheel to play with could be tricky, I place it on a pretty big whiteboard, which sits on my lap, the bottom has suction cups, so it stays on pretty good, this set up works for me, but I don't know if the wheel would be good on your lap, so you may have to get creative)
In general, I am so happy with this wheel, it is so much better than a controller. There are minor things here and there to remind you this isn't worth a couple hundred, but for the asking price, I feel it's totally worth it. If you never raced with a wheel, get ready for a big change. With Nascar Inside Line, I would drive the car in the corner and just hold the joystick to the left, and it was pretty easy to figure out. But if you turn the wheel all the way left, then you will fishtail and go for a ride haha.

Update: After a couple months of using this wheel, I am even more happy with it. I am much better at counter steering with the nascar game so that one is an absolute blast. As expected, the wheel is better after being broken in. The turning to the right side has the same resistance as the left now, so that's not annoying, and the squealing of the wheel is gone, which is nice. In the nascar game, the car is hard to control in traffic, but I had the same issue with the controller, so I feel that's just part of the challenge of the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this with confidence!, April 28, 2014
This review is from: HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2 (Accessory)
Because this wheel is pretty cheap I didn't have very high expectations but its awesome. It feels really solid, its very responsive, the pedals feel good and are nicely spaced (they look a bit close together in the pictures, but I'm a reasonably big guy and theres actually more than enough space between them) and the gear paddles feel great and positive!
I previously had a Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel which I liked, but this just works sooo much better, especially with games like F1 2013 (no twitchiness as with the Wireless Speed Wheel)!
I bought this wheel knowing it doesn't have force feedback, but I was happy with that because force feedback wheels are expensive and have a lot of reliability issues. Even Fanatec wheels have their issues with reliability. With this wheel however, there is very little to go wrong.
All in all a big thumbs up for this item and, as always, Amazon's service is second to none! :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best wheel out there for the price, March 9, 2014
This review is from: HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2 (Accessory)
Have used several wheels for 360 (including force feedback wheels), and this is the best wheel out there for the price. You'd have to spend hundreds to get a better wheel with force feedback. As others have said, the pedals are small, but this is NOT just a wheel for kids. Someone with even a little coordination can learn to use the pedals just fine regardless of foot size. And race car wheels are not wide in real life, so the size of the wheel is fine as well. Steering feels very accurate and just enough tension...rumble effect works very well. My one complaint is that the pedals squeak a lot after some use.

HORI Xbox 360 Racing Wheel EX2