4.0 out of 5 stars Nice 'n' Snug
Published on June 5, 2009 by CBMeil

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 months...
I think the sleeve is great, but if you have a 9-cell battery from Dell, DON'T PURCHASE THIS. My sleeve has already been worn thin because the battery was too bulky...
Published on March 26, 2011 by Vicky

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice 'n' Snug, June 5, 2009
This review is from: HP 16 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Onyx (Personal Computers)
My husband and I were browsing the electronics section at Wal-Mart and there it was: The ACER ASPIRE TIMELINE (5810TZ model) for $600! Before buying my new baby a sleeve, I measured it. The 15.6"-sized screen model is approx 15"x10" -- I wasn't worried about depth b/c the lap top is less than a inch thick. Later that night, I went on the internet to look for accessories on AMAZON... what an ordeal! It took me a good hour to find a sleeve that had comparable measurements. A large majority of the products are standard dimensions -- when the dimensions were actually listed -- and there's not much to chose from for wide screens. So, I kept finding 15"x12", 15.5"x12", 15.4"x12", 14.5"x11.1"... Notice the second measurement is never near 10"? So, then I looked up sleeves for 16" wide screens and the HP ONYX was one of the products. The dimensions were not listed, but it looked about right and is advertized as being able to house up to 16" screens... So, I did a GOOGLE search to find its dimensions (14.9"x10.1"x1.7"). Bingo!

I was surprised at how fast it was delivered. I ordered it late at night on the 31st and it was at my door on the 2nd! So, COMPUTER BRAIN definitely provides speedy service! I was a little disappointed about the shipping fees, though. The sleeve only weighs 11.5 oz and it cost over $7.00 for it to go from KY to CA!

As far as how it fits... it's like a glove! It's as if it was made specially for my laptop! The only complaint I have is that it has a very strong rubbery odor (it's neoprene) for the first several days. Airing it out is definitely recommended! LOL

I would recommend this product to anyone with a 15-16" wide screen (measured diagonally). And remember: MEASURE YOUR LAP TOP BEFORE YOU BUY! (Otherwise, it'll either be too tight or too baggy!)

UPDATE (Jan/2012): Well, I have had this sleeve for about 2.5 years now, and I am happy to report that it is still in great shape! The zippers still glide smoothly and the neoprene material has held up well (no tears, thinning, or stitching coming loose). I will say, tho, that it does tend to attract pet hair -- dog hair in particular. But, that's not anything a little shipping tape or a lint brush can't peel off! The case is now at a GREAT price! Wow! So jealous I didn't get it for just $15.99 with my Prime Shipping! (I paid close to $25 back in 2009!) I'm also happy to say that my laptop is still in great condition! I will definitely be buying another slim Acer Aspire Timeline when it comes time to retire my current laptop! Six to eight hours of battery life? Yes, please!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection from minor impacts, scratches and dust, December 12, 2009
This review is from: HP 16 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Onyx (Personal Computers)
This is the first time I've bought one of these sleeves - I always used a bag or case before with more storage and padding. But, if all you want to do is protect the laptop from minor scrapes and scratches and keep off the dust, this does the trick. However, if you want to go through airports with it, you might want to consider something with more padding for greater protection. For what it is, it's well made with a good zipper and storage pouch on the front.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for HP ENVY 15!, August 12, 2010
This review is from: HP 16 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Onyx (Personal Computers)
After long arduous searching for a case that actually fits the HP ENVY 15; this is it, salvation has finally been found! This sleeve fits it so well, that it is as if HP made this case specifically for the HP ENVY 15. Too bad they aren't to help either on my hunt for a proper sleeve or case.

This sleeve will fit the HP envy snug and safe with almost no unnecessary movement with or without the optional 9 cell extra long life battery slice.

Another plus is the extra compartment for the charger and accessories.

Quality is great in my opinion, I've used numerous cases too; it is comparable to the neoprene cases for apple macbookpro's by incase; but with a unbeatable and super reasonable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars HP Sleeve, January 9, 2010
This review is from: HP 16 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Onyx (Personal Computers)
I recently purchase an HP Laptop and wanted to a sleeve to keep dust and dirt off the laptop. I was going to buy on sale from Staples for $20. I got is for less than half that from Amazon. I like the sleeve. It matches my laptop. It fits nicely and has an outer pouch where I keep the power cord.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 months..., March 26, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars hp hp hp, November 15, 2011
This review is from: HP 16 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Onyx (Personal Computers)
Came home and found the package sitting on the dinner table. Opened it and tried my 15'6 HP Probook 4530s right away. Fits.... perfectly. Not too loose, not too tight. But of course, I did my homework before ordering and found this and my product's dimension to match correspondingly.
A good case is a good fit. Measure your product's dimensions first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop Sleeve, January 13, 2011
NKul (NJ, AMAZING USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP 16 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Onyx (Personal Computers)
I purchased this sleeve for a 15.6' laptop, and it fits snugly, with just the right amount of wiggle room. Love the extra pocket on the side - serves well for necessary laptop accessories, and surprisingly not many other brands offer this feature... bought it for ~ $8.00 which was definitely worth the money (and severely underpriced). Would recommend to a friend.

Pros:
- Soft material
- Good enough padding, without being too bulky
- Zippers work well, no problems with that (no problems seem imminent either)
- Looks nice
- Pleasant new product smell after opening it!

Cons:
- Company doesn't match my actual laptop company (not much of a problem :) )
- No handle - best to carry in a backpack, could use a bit more padding for optimal security
- Wish there were more pockets!

Note: None of the cons outweigh the pros (thus the five star rating)

- nkindianhobo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, November 22, 2009
This review is from: HP 16 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Onyx (Personal Computers)
This case keeps my laptop looking its best. It fits well and there is plenty of room for an extra mouse and the charging cords. It was also WAY cheaper to buy it here than on [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars HP 16 inch notebook sleeve, February 15, 2012
This review is from: HP 16 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Onyx (Personal Computers)
This is a great laptop case with a large zipper pocket at a great price. Arrived on time and as described.

4.0 out of 5 stars Notebook sleeve, March 14, 2011
This review is from: HP 16 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Onyx (Personal Computers)
I really liked this sleeve. It has a pocket as well which holds my charger. It may smell a little funky when you first open it but I did not regret this buy :)

Rate and Discover Movies