5.0 out of 5 stars Pure value
Published 22 months ago by CAPRI

2.0 out of 5 stars Review
The laptop looks good but it is very poor in operation. Internet explorer keeps stopping and when I work, the computer just goes blank on me and I always have to hit the start button and wait long for the browser to recover the page for me to work. Also, it is very slow.
Published 19 months ago by Rene Mbuli

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure value, November 25, 2012
This review is from: HP 2000-2b09WM Fusion E-300 1.3GHz 2GB 320GB DVD±RW 15.6" Windows 8 Laptop (Winter Blue) (Personal Computers)
This HP laptop in Winter Blue, presents as a very expensive model. It is an impressive, attractive, affordable laptop for entertainment. Having spent $1200 on my previous laptop, which crashed the weekend before Black Friday, I decided to look for value. I was able to pick up this one for under $300. WOW I can buy 4 new computers for the price of my now dinosaur. With an 8GB memory stack this HP will surpass the features of my previous expensive laptop. Even if it lacks the higher speeds of more expensive alternatives, you will love the display, and did I mention the movie experience? Another WOW! I would definitely recommend this to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much bang for the buck, February 7, 2013
Relatively inexpensive when compared to other computers with similar capabilities. Works great and a very good bargain. This product arrived on time and in great condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellente device, February 26, 2013
the laptop is good, meets all the requirements required to work in comfort, the presentation is simple but covers all expectations requested.

2.0 out of 5 stars Review, February 8, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for...., March 18, 2013
hard to believe laptops are still being sold with such outdated processors, especially laptops loaded with windows 8. but, hey, if you want a better processor, a faster chip, you gotta fork over the cash. the good news is that upgrading the stock 2gb memory to quality 4gb did wonders, and made it a perfect, inexpensive laptop for my junior high daughter. nice and light, nice keyboard and tracker, decent display quality, streams most web vids just fine, great for surfing the net and mid-range application use such as word processing. btw, not sure why so many are whining about windows 8, it rocks, this coming from a guy who refused to upgrade from xp because he didn't like vista or windows 7 after using them on the family's other pcs and laptops. pick up a nice a unit, with a nice processor, throw in a decent amount of memory, and windows 8 screams, just fantastic. and if you can't live without the classic start menu, just download a free start menu app or, like me, drop a few bucks and pick up star dock's great start menu and other enhancements/tweaks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much of the wrong things going on at once, December 18, 2012
The computer looks nice but has its share of issues. First of all Windows 8 is horrible, horrible, horrible. Forget your current copy machine, fax machine, or printer. This system rejects ANY software not designed for windows 8, not to mention Word or Excel software that you might have. They want you to spend more money on the same stuff you already have.

Almost every email disappears because the system is too sensitive to the heat from your fingers and wipes it right out of there. How many emails I have spent lots of time writing only to have it disappear on me the moment my thumb glides past the mouse area. This has happened numerous times and is part of why I am so compelled to write a review to begin with.

Next, because the mouse area is soooooo touchy, I'm constantly trying to find my way back to internet or other screens because different apps keep resurrecting from somewhere and taking over my screen. Where is the "X" to get rid of it? Nowhere because these apps that dominate the screen have no "X".

If you are a fast 'typer' take this laptop off your list. You will have so many issues with strange things popping up that even if you are the calmest person on the planet you will become so frustrated in such a short amount of time you will be ready to throw this thing out a window.

I have had Dell laptops in the past and NEVER had ANY of these issues. Windows 7 was great!! I don't know about other HP's but this one is definitely not the one. As for Windows 8 avoid it. It has too many glitches and is too touch sensitive. Also would like to mention that it seems that once an app becomes your screen, it will keep coming back on its own from 'brushing your hand' unintentionally, and the only way to truly keep that app from interrupting everything is to shut down and reboot the computer. For some reason that app will not go back to it's original compartment until you do that.

UPDATE: For those of you who bought this computer because of a tight $$$ situation, here is an idea that helped me. Finally! First I will say that the ONLY reason I didn't take this back is because of privacy concerns after using it and giving it the benefit of a doubt. Enough said.

Go to a 'thrift store' and get any mouse, and get a keyboard, and plug them in. This will elimated the crazy mouse issues this computer has. Yes, it sucks because you bought something compact, but if you want to keep your sanity, do that. I will caution you here, when looking for a keyboard make sure the connector is flat and not round. There is no place to plug a big round connector. The next issue is that it hard to find keyboards with a flat plug in connector. Guess what?!?! I bought a simple 'Apple' keyboard for $3. It had a flat connector. I figured what the heck, for $3 I'll give it a try. Guess what? It works great with this computer. I have no more problems with the heat of my fingers doing crazy things with an oversensitive mouse. No problems, nada.

If you don't have the funds go get a cheap thrift store find. If you have the funds I suggest getting the Apple keyboard (clear acrylic one, don't have a model number) because the connector is FLAT and plugs right in.

4.0 out of 5 stars I give it four stars !!!, March 26, 2013
I thought it would have the Microsoft office already installed but it is just a trial ! Other than that I haven't had any problems or troubles with this laptop. I actually needed the upgrade ! Thank you Amazon !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Laptop, March 19, 2013
Runs a little slow, Other than that I am quite satisfied. Why are nine more words required? I have a headache.

2.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 ssucks, November 6, 2013
I am not sure what the problem is but I suspect is Windows 8 ... have never had such a slow computer .. If you buy this inexpensive laptop try with Windows 7

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LAPTOP/REASONABLE PRICE, July 31, 2013
Richard "Ultimate Audible=Stephen King readin... (WEST ROXBURY, MASSACHUSETTS, United States) - See all my reviews
As a HP fan for many years, this company has always produced top of the shelf desktop computers and after it purchased Comp[aq began producing equally reliable laptops...this is one of them N.B THIS I S NOT a touchscreen model thus Windows 8 is probably not going to matter much and takes a while to navigate.

Rate and Discover Movies