5.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer and reasonable price.
Great Computer and reasonable price.

The HD is large enough and 4g ram is really good. CPU works well. You cannot use it as a game device of course, but for daily use, it is really great.
Published 20 months ago by Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars Has the potential to be better
Published 16 months ago by Vic

3.0 out of 5 stars Has the potential to be better, February 17, 2013
This review is from: HP 2000-2b16NR 15.6" LED Notebook (4GB Ram, 500b hard drive, Windows 8, HDMI, WebCam) (Personal Computers)
Being a loyal HP consumer for more than a decade, I feel that their 2000-2B16NR model fell short from impressing me in terms of performance. In a one-week period, I have had several blue screens of death after performing critical Windows Updates. Its AMD E1-1200 1.4GHz CPU can barely handle two Firefox Tabs (websites like Facebook, Youtube, and Pandora perform poorly) and the Task Manager without hitting the 100% speed limit. According to the store where I purchased this device, Fingerhut, claimed that the laptop had two RAM sticks of 2GB each. Since I am a PC geek, I discovered that it only had one 4GB RAM @ DDR3/PC3-12800 stick--which explains why the CPU struggles to handle more than one task online.

UPDATE (5-5-2013): I can't even watch online HD videos effectively even with high-speed, 15-mbps internet. What's the point of having an HD video card?

Recommendation to HP and those who own this model: to enhance your laptop's performance, get a bang for the buck, and if you're running on 64-bit Windows 8, UPGRADE YOUR RAM (if you have 4GB, boost it to 8GB).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer and reasonable price., November 13, 2012
Great Computer and reasonable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars HP laptop, March 18, 2013
I bought this laptop from a different seller than amazon. This is my first HP computer I normally buy Toshiba. I wasn't too impressed with the speed, so increase the RAM to 8gb and put in a WD scorpio black hard drive. After that i could tell a big difference in the performance. Now its pretty good for how cheap it was. Im not a big fan of Windows 8. I liked 7 a lot better. But Windows 8 isn't that hard to navigate, its just a big learning curve. All in all the computer is good for everyday use and watching movies. I wouldn't use this for gaming if thats your sort of thing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful, April 21, 2013
I have now had this Notebook for about four months and it is pretty awful. I have had a lot of laptops through work and for personal use and this is by far the worst one I have ever had. Many, many blue screens of death, restarts, etc. I had to stop using Mozilla Firefox as my browser because this device could not seem to handle it - it would just shut down. Typing is almost impossible because the cursor just seems to move and jump around. You'll be typing a sentence and then it will suddently just start inserting your words somewhere else in the document, e-mail, etc. Very frustrating. Now, the screen has gone completely blank. I can tell that everything is on, but, I can't see anything. I've tried connecting to an external monitor and I only get a quick flash of the screen before it too goes blank. I do not recommend this laptop at all. I have told my kids that if they can somehow fix it, they can have it. I will go buy something else; and, not an HP after this experience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Best used as a boat anchor, October 14, 2013
I have used laptop computers since they came out - HP, Dell and Toshiba. When my Dell hit 10 years of age, I made the mistake of buying this piece of junk. It is 11 months old, and has suffered two (2) failed hard drives and one failed motherboard. When it dies, they send you a box in which to return it. I saved the box - I'll probably need it again. Good battery life, nice display, poor keyboard (and like another reviewer, I sometimes get the cursor jumping problem), but no good qualities can overcome the lack of reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Workhorse, June 2, 2013
I need a laptop for my work, and this one does everything I need. The price was right, as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars hp laptop, February 23, 2013
The laptop is per expectation and beyond. The laptop is good and is working fine. This is a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend to have it ., October 30, 2013
I'm not good at the computers , but like user I can tell it meets all my needs . I like it very much .

5.0 out of 5 stars my 1st laptop, May 1, 2013
simply awesome laptop would recommend it to my friend larry French just what the doctor ordered might just get a second one

4.0 out of 5 stars hp2000notebook, March 9, 2013
this is a great notebook for the money.also windows 8 is amazing. im very happy with this product.i highly recommend this notebook.

Rate and Discover Movies