Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 9, 2011
Simply amazed by the picture quality of this monitor, have a Sony Bravia at home, but this monitor looks better than my Sony Bravia.
I am a graduate student and bought this monitor to use with my laptop for long hours of research/coding. However, realized that my laptop does not support 1600 x 900 resolution and hence switched my Dell 1920 for office and brought this home. The first time I used this monitor to surf the web, only one word came to my mind, Awesome. The Monitor is super light and adjustments are super easy to make. The dynamic contrast ratio makes the picture super sharp. A reviewer either below or in some other website mentioned that he/she was not able to adjust the sleep time. This is simple, just go to menu, management and then sleep timer and then choose sleep time according to your liking/requirement. I would have loved if they mentioned in the product description that the laptop/desktop should support the 1600 x 900 resolution to take advantage of the picture quality, else it appears a little blurred. It should be noted that this monitor does not have in-built speaker. All in all, great product, Super Recommend.
on February 28, 2011
I shopped carefully, and decided on this monitor to upgrade an 8-year-old Dell. I found it on sale locally for $100, but it would be a good buy at Amazon's price. This monitor makes my computer look so much better I probably won't think about upgrading for awhile. Excellent image for the price. I would choose this one again. Highly recommended!

Now, what don't they tell you? If you are upgrading an older computer your graphics card almost certainly won't support the 1600x900 resolution needed for a proper wide-screen display. Installing a new graphics card is easy--selecting one is not. I chose the EVGA GeForce 6200 PCI card, but only after the salesman guaranteed it would work with my setup. None of the relevant specs for graphics cards are printed on the boxes, and many don't appear on the websites either.

Oh, the plastic stand is a bit wiggley, but I can live with that for a great image.
55 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2012
I was in the market for a new monitor after my 17" Sony decided that life was no longer worth living. I decided to look for a larger screen, but I didn't want to pay an inordinate amount. This monitor fit the bill perfectly.

The diagonal is truly 20", but takes some getting used to as the screen is much longer horizontally than vertically. It has a very fast response (I hooked it up through the DVI cable), the color is excellent, and I haven't found a single dead pixel. I haven't yet tried the controls, as the picture was fine out of the box. Some folks complained that the bright blue power indicator light was distracting, but I don't notice it. The lack of high-end features, such as built-in speakers, wasn't a problem for me.

In short, if you're looking for a great basic LED monitor at a price that won't break the bank, you've found it.

Highly recommended.
on August 4, 2011
Big, bright and beautiful, wonderful image quality.

Quite thin, not as physically adjustable as I would like. It has great range in terms of adjusting the tilt, but you can't adjust the height much, you'd have to put some books under teh base if you needed more height.

Even so, worth every penny.
on May 13, 2012
I agree that the clarity and color of this monitor are great. I've had it for less than a week. Hmm. I wonder how long it'll last?

Tips:

(1) Text wasn't so good. I'm a programmer, and I use the Courier New font a lot. After fooling around with the OSD controls, I got it much better. Use the OSD to get it into the "Text" settings scheme, and then find the contrast and brightness settings (the manual explains all this). The factory had contrast at 80 and brightness at 90 (out of 100). I set both down to 50, and the text came out much better. I think they think we're all trying to play games (in text mode).

(2) It works fine with my old nVidia GeForce4 VGA card. To make a quick check of whether your video card will support 1600 x 900 resolution, go to Control Panel|Display|Settings and use the slider to see how far it will go. That won't tell you what the quality for videos will be, or the performance in gaming, but you'll know (probably) whether your card is a complete no-go or not. It takes the same plain old VGA (or SVGA) signal that a CRT-type monitor takes. If it doesn't go to 1600 x 900, then check your little monitor card booklet, or pdf, or go to their website, because it still might do it. (When I installed the software for this monitor, they knocked down the maximum possible resolution from 1600 x 1200 (max for my card) to 1600 x 900 (max for this monitor)).

Joe
on March 20, 2012
I bought two of the HP 2011x's after wanting an upgrade from my 15 inch laptop screen. To be quite honest, it looks spectacular. When people walk into the office, they are simply wow'ed by the color, and the design. 20 inches was more than enough for my space, and it honestly looks amazing. If this was the only factor that I was considering, then it is a 5/5, no problem. However, its not just about the picture quality. The lack of an HDMI port is quite annoying, especially considering that I only had one HDMI port and one Mini Display Port on my laptop. Because of this issue, I had to get three separate cables: one HDMI to DVI cable, one Mini Display Port to DVI converter, and one DVI male to DVI male cable. This process is quite annoying, especially if you are not a whiz at gadgetry.

PROS
- Fantastic screen
- Pretty good price
- Design looks amazing

CONS
- Lack of HDMI port
- Needs a pretty powerful video card to handle two monitors (I own a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M, and it works fine)

OVERALL
A great buy, if you are looking for a fantastic screen. However, beware of the lack of ports, and the need for a powerful video card if you want to host two monitors.
on November 24, 2012
Ok, for the most important thing to me, this monitor DOES NOT have mounting for any other stands. It DOES NOT have the four mounting holes on the back of it, which just about every other monitor made these days does. Which for me was a big let down since I bought two of these for a dual monitor setup with a wall mounted mount. I was very disappointed when I opened these up. But with some redneck manipulation I fixed that real quick. You can take these apart pretty quick and with the 4 hole bracket for my wall mount, I used it in the middle of the back of the back section of the monitor and drilled four holes though the back. I then used a 1" X 3/16" bolt with washer, put that through from the inside of the back section. On the outside of the back section, I used another washer and a nut and tightened, for each bolt (4 total). I put some duck tape over the head of the bolts to protect components of the monitor in case they did touch, which I don't think they do, but better safe then sorry. And at this point I can't return them can I? Then put my bracket from the wall mount over the four bolts and then again used another washer and nut and tightened the mount to the back section. Once that was complete I put the monitor back together and mounted them on my wall mount.

To take the monitors apart, you can gentle pry up the trim around the outside of the monitor. This is the trim on the front, it just snaps into the back cover of the monitor. You have to take 5 screws out of the back, two that hold the slide tab for the stand, and then three that hold the cable terminals to the back cover. Once those are out, then pry the front trim off and the monitor screen and everything else will fall out as one unit. This goes without saying, but be careful when doing this. When you put this back together you just slide the monitor screen in and I found that putting the screws in the back was easier when the front trim is still off, you can move the screen around to help line up the holes. And then the front trim just snaps back on to the back cover.

So other than that these monitors are great! They are supper light, I was amazed how light they are, yet incredible picture.

I'll post up pics in the user submitted photos if possible.
review image review image review image
This HP 2011X 20-INCH LED MONITOR was included with my purchase of a HP PAVILION about a year ago. The monitor is a huge upgrade over my old 16-inch Sony monitor. The monitor is really lightweight. You can make adjustments on the screen easily. All the pictures and video are sharp and bright. This monitor does NOT include built-in speakers so you'll have to get yourself some external ones in order to hear sound (personally, I don't like monitors with internal speakers). I have had no issues with this monitor and am quite pleased with it. It's a good monitor for a great price.
on July 7, 2011
First, the monitor was delivered quickly, even with the standard shipping. When I
first picked up the box, I thought it might be empty, it was that light weight! Happily, the monitor was in there, packed extremely well. It was a snap to unpack &
install, and in a very short time it was connected & the software was installed. The picture quality is awesome, the footprint is small (the monitor is so thin!) even for a wide-screen. The only two drawbacks are: (1) The monitor 'goes to sleep' when the computer is shut down, and you can't seem to actually 'turn it off' (I'd personally prefer being able to). (2) We had to find a new place to put the box of tissues we had on top of the old monitor, as the top of the monitor is less than 1/2" thick.
I think it is a great value for the cost. If you're interested in this monitor, don't even hesitate.
on August 14, 2011
i needed a monitor for my work computer. this one was perfect - inexpensive, ridiculously easy to set up, and so far, it works beautifully.