Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 29, 2011
Got this on Black Friday for my Mac!!! I was worried it might not work, but I just plugged in (with an additional mac VGA cable), didn't install anything!!! Now it's working fine. I don't know how to use HDMI with my Mac tho... But this is already good enough!
on January 13, 2013
Boy will I ever stay away from anything HP in the future. My monitor goes to black with a cursor in the upper left corner. I called for support. It has been happening for close to a year, but I didn't realize it was the monitor until recently. First, they told me it is "two days until the end of the warranty" so they would of course charge me to help me. I am lucky I had just talked to Microcenter, who confirmed that my warranty had more than a month still on it, and I also had my receipt. HP did not take my word for it, and I had to scan my receipt to them TWICE. I was on the phone for close to 2 hours while they verified, checked etc. They eventually agreed to send another monitor, but needed my credit card so they can charge me for the replacement in case I don't send the other one back. AND!!! If all that is not enough, once I get the replacement I have THREE DAYS to send back the damaged monitor or I will be charged for it. THREE DAYS!!! No weekend on which to do this? Really? Your mighty company needs my broken monitor so fast that when it's in warranty, you need me to take time off work to run to the post office?? Really?

I have had this kind of thing come up with other companies, and they have gone a long way to spread good will. I had a $150 Honeywell air purifier break down AFTER the warranty expired and wrote asking if they had any idea how I might be able to fix it myself. I was not asking for a replacement, just ideas. They wrote saying they would replace it for the sake of extending good will, and it was an easy 2 email exchange with one person. At hp, the levels I had to go through and the hoops I needed to jump to get them to honor their own warranty was breathtaking. I really felt dragged through a knothole by the end of the ordeal, and for that reason it wound up shooting my whole Saturday.

After I emailed them the receipt, they wrote and said I must email it again.

????????

All this over an $89 dollar item. I wonder if it was worth it to them to be so tight fisted and lose a customer who would have otherwise bought many more expensive computers from them in the future.

I don't know... All this when the monitor was IN WARRANTY??? I'm avoiding HP in the future.
on November 3, 2011
If you travel around and like to tote a small device go ahead and get this monitor. It will fit in a suitcase easily, heck - any long backpack. HP made us a durable looking fully adjustable monitor that looks good anywhere. They should sell skins for this thing...5 stars.
on January 24, 2016
I bought this product to be a rack-mounted monitor for a WD media player with a keyboard in the rack. I put the signal through an HDMI-DVI adapter. As long as this is the only output from the player, it works fine. HOWEVER, if I put a splitter on the signal with the other leg to run over to my receiver to play what comes from the WD player, it craps. I've tried every combination of splitters and cables to no avail. The TV works fine off the other leg of the splitter. So does my Pioneer receiver. This HP monitor is so finicky about the DVI input that it just can't handle anything but perfect.
This is a low-end product with moderate resolution at a pretty stiff price for what it is. The engineers shouldn't have been expecting or needing the best in signal quality.
on February 1, 2013
GRAPHICS
This is a very nice monitor as far as the graphics go. It is very bright so there's no problem in day lighting conditions. We don't use it in non-lighted situations but I'm sure the intensity could be adjusted to a very comfortable level. Picture quality is clear and colors are extremely vibrant.

WEIGHT
This monitor is VERY LIGHT. Unlike many monitors that are heavy and cumbersome, this monitor is so light that you actually worry about the quality.

STAND
While it is an adequate stand, the adjustability is lacking. It can not be raised or lowered; which is usually the case on most monitors. The tilt is adequate but a little stiff so as to require two hands to adjust.

OVERALL I would recommend this to anyone.
on April 2, 2013
I use 3 monitors for work. Two of them started failing (must be around 7 years old). I decided to try the hp2011x to check its readability (I write software for a living). I like the monitor enough to replace the other two. My plan is to rotate the three monitors, but I noticed there isn't the standard hole pattern on the back of the HP2011x, so I can't use standard mounts to hold this monitor in a rotated orientation.
on April 9, 2016
Nearly four years later, this monitor still works perfectly (as it damn well ought to). This should be a given, but with the ubiquity of "cheap made-in-China (or wherever) garbage" electronics these days, I'm pleased as can be that I haven't had to replace this monitor yet.

To the extent that you even CAN be "hard on a monitor", I have used this one quite a lot--I spend most of my free time at the computer--so I think that attests to its durability.

Now obviously, this monitor was nothing special then, nor is it now, technology wise. It is a modest-sized (you might even say small) monitor with an average refresh rate, etc.

But for what I paid for, I got every penny's worth, and I'd buy a similar one again.
on January 21, 2013
i bought this thinking it would be great for xbox and pc gaming but when i got it the lack of 1080p really ruined it for me. if your into gaming at 1080p this monitor isnt for you, even with that said it is a great looking monitor its just really annoying because the xbox does not have an aspect ration for this so every time you'll get a notification telling you to switch it to 16:9
on June 28, 2012
This was my first time actually purchasing a computer monitor for myself, so I did a lot of research and tried to find the perfect one. This one was suggested to me by Amazon, and I ended up going with it. I'm so glad I did. I received it about a week ago and it is perfect. It's nice and wide, very sturdily built, and lightweight at the same time. The image is really bright, sharp, clear, and colors are very vivid. All of my applications and favorite sites look amazing compared to how they appear on my 2008 Macbook. The monitor is also wide enough so that you can have two windows open in your browser side by side, which I really like. Text is way easier to read on this than my laptop overall.

The screen is matte and not glossy, so there is never any glare and it's still easy to see the screen when the sun is shining brightly through the window. One thing to note is that while you can tilt the screen back and forth to adjust it, you can't adjust the height of the monitor itself. This isn't a problem for me. but if you have a short desk you might want to get a monitor stand. Overall, this monitor far exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend it!
on February 12, 2012
This is a basic, solid, no-frills unit and it works well for me as a second display. I considered the S2031, a less expensive 20-inch HP monitor, but it looked too cheap and spartan. The 2011x has only VGA and DVI connections but that was fine with me. Again, this is a secondary monitor used in conjunction with a bigger main display. Color and brightness are very good.

All in all, this product has been great for me, although the power button is a little tricky, which other reviewers have noted.