4.0 out of 5 stars A vey nice monitor at a very nice price
Published 14 months ago by Valerya Couto

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Lasted 2 1/2 years then started blowing pixels. I think it should have gone longer than that.
Published 5 months ago by Rick

4.0 out of 5 stars A vey nice monitor at a very nice price, November 13, 2013
This review is from: HP 24WD 23.6-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the price, this is an excellent monitor. It is very large and ideal for gaming, or watching a film/show, or even post production. The quality is pretty clear, the colors nice and vivid. The blacks come close to perfection, but not quite. There is no HDMI port which can be a drawback to those looking for one in a monitor. It is extremely thin and lightweight, but the base could have been a tad more substantial. Also there are no internal speakers, but that should in no way be a deal breaker, as most monitor speakers are of a terrible quality. The price has gone down quite a bit on this monitor since I first acquired it and it is definitely a great buy. So far I have not experienced anything negative and would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Was surprised at the colors..., September 29, 2013
John S. Dean "John" (Sturtevant, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This monitor is nice and thin, but rather than connectors that go out to the side, they stick straight out the back, precluding getting it up against a wall nice and tight. There is no HDMI input, only DVI and VGA. Considering that most of the computers I or my clients have purchased recently have come with HDMI, this is a major weakness. The power cord and brick give a good reach from a power outlet, unlike some monitors I've seen with such short cables that the brick has to sit just about behind the monitor. The tilt doesn't allow for very much articulation, but there's enough there to help avoid any glaring reflection from something bright behind you like a window or light.

I plugged it into my Retina Macbook Pro via my thunderbolt docking station, and was actually pretty surprised by the result. This was replacing a 24" Viewsonic that just never did really get a good setting that allowed me to extend my Macbook desktop and keep the colors as near to each other as possible. This was glaringly apparent when you selected the same desktop background for each, since looking at them next to each other, the Viewsonic always looked annoyingly "off", and no settings on the monitor or on the Mac's RGB options for that monitor ever got it to look acceptable. This one, within a minute, I had nearly exactly replicating the color on the Retina screen of my laptop. The brightness and darkness levels aren't as good obviously, so my whites on the laptop are still brighter than the whites on the screen, but everything between white and black really is a lot nicer than the view sonic, and the blacks are much deeper on this than that Viewsonic.

I have had no issues with the buttons, other than the monitor "bounce" when you press them since they're located underneath the front edge on the right, so depressing them without steadying the monitor with the other hand means you're pushing the right side up. Nothing specific to this monitor, another monitor I also have in my office on another system is the same way, and has the same movement. Each press is registered by the monitor, with no missed presses.

The lack of speakers doesn't come into play at all for me, as I have never purchased a monitor with the intent to use its speakers. If I really need external speakers from my laptop or desktop, I use real speakers since I have the space for it on my desk.

The thin styling is nice, the colors about as good as you'd expect from a monitor at this price point, maybe actually a little better, and the blacks are much better than the view sonic could manage. A great deal at this price, but the lack of an HDMI input costs it a star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this monitor, May 19, 2013
Huge upgrade for me. It's absolutely amazing. I love everything about this monitor. Great deal for the price. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking and working beautifully, January 30, 2014
I bought this monitor for a great deal last December, and I couldn't be happier with the performance as well!
The only drawback for me is that it does not have hdmi. However, it displays everything great for my needs.
I absolutely love the size of the monitor. The 23.6 inch screen is very easy on my ever-aging vision. For me, it makes video and photography software soooo much easier to work with. The monitor is crisp and sharp in my opinion.
If sound is important in your decision, be aware there are no speakers. Not a drawback for me because I always use headphones or an external sound system.
As long as it has good longevity of service(which I won't know for a couple years), I highly recommend this HP 24WD 23.6-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor as 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would give it four and a half stars if I could, October 30, 2014
I've been using this monitor for about a year now, and have had no problems with it. I love the size and clarity of the screen. I just plugged it in and started using it without making any adjustments. I didn't feel that I needed to. My picture has remained sharp and clear and my colors bright and vivid. But I did find like several other reviewers, that it is a bit wobbly. I do put my other hand on the top of the monitor when I press the power button. My printer is on my desk, and when I print, the monitor does jiggle slightly. I've never worried about it toppling over, but I don't have any pets that might knock it over, either. It's just something that you need to be aware of. The price was right, and if I had it to do over would buy it again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, August 13, 2014
Rick (Nashville) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, May 17, 2014
I love these bright contrasting monitors that are crisp for gamming and soft for word processing. I am sold on HP's products,

5.0 out of 5 stars LED-lit Monitor, May 9, 2014
It was used and in good condition. I took the chance and bought it. The price was good, and it was the right size that I needed. A very good quality monitor. Beautiful color and works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars +1, February 20, 2014
Perfect monitor. It's super thin and it doesn't have that sort of glossy look that some LED-lit monitors have where you have any other source of light you will have an intense sun glare and very visible reflection. The colors on it are really nice, too. Nothing to complain

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, February 17, 2014
Shayelyn (Ruskin, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Got for my teenage son as a Christmas present. Can't comment on technicalities since it was a gift but he seems very happy with how it works.