5.0 out of 5 stars Great Right Out of the Box!
I've owned several digital photo frames over the years, and have gifted many more. So, how does this compare with the others that I've dealt with? Quite well, I'm pleased to say!

EASY TO USE
Published on April 21, 2011 by Cinnamon

1.0 out of 5 stars The Issue with freezing(not moving on to the next photo)
I experienced the same issues that others have been reporting.
The frame would get "stuck" on one photo and would not move on to the next.

Published on October 12, 2011 by Nick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Right Out of the Box!, April 21, 2011

EASY TO USE
It's very easy to use this right out of the box. You can easily play photos once you plug in your SD, SDHC, or Memory Stick, and you can just as easily copy them to the frame itself. Compared to some other digital frames, I especially like that this one accepts a wide variety of memory card formats, and that it has some internal memory, too.

GREAT DISPLAY
For the non-technical people who don't understand what the specification "800x600" resolution means, it means that photos on the frame's high-resolution display appear very crisp, and not pixelated like they do on some other frames. You won't be disappointed! And, as another reviewer also noted, its display is great even in direct sunlight. You can for the most part see the display pretty clearly from different angles, and don't need to face it head-on to see the photo - I've noticed that if you're very high above, or low below the frame, then the picture is darker, but that's the case with most LCD displays so it's not a flaw of this frame.

PERSONALIZATION OPTIONS
This frame is highly customizable! You can choose whether to have the black mat or white mat framing your photo, which is very convenient depending on your decor and color preferences. What's even better is that you can remove the outer wooden frame (which is elegant) and have a more contemporary frame with a smaller footprint...and then use the outer wooden frame as a traditional picture frame! I did just that, and now have a traditional frame in addition to my sleek digital photo frame. If you do that, be aware that (1) you might want to put a piece of thick cardboard in the back of the frame so that the print is pressed against the glass, and (2) you wouldn't be able to rest the frame on a surface with the included stand, since the frame's stand attaches to the smaller digital photo frame, and not the larger wooden one. I rest mine against a wall to make it stand, but am thinking of a DIY solution to it can stand properly. I love the fact that I essentially got 2 frames!

MENU OPTIONS
There are typical menu options for photo frames, such as slide duration, transition effect, etc, but this frame can also allow you to select when the frame will turn on and off, automatically. So if you're out of the house every day from 9-5, you can have the frame turn off for that time to save power, without having to manually turn it on again later. For the price paid for this frame, I think that's a very impressive feature.

CONCLUSION
The main appeal of this frame is its simplicity: no, this doesn't play video, or MP3 files like some other frames that cost several times as much. But it does display pictures quickly, easily, and in a very sharp high resolution display. It's also inexpensive enough that it can make a great gift. I highly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Picture Frame!, February 1, 2011
Nice Picture Frame!

I like this frame because it is so simple to use. I was even able to teach my wife how to use it (which is no easy task) in just a couple of minutes. I just need to plug in my card from my camera and it starts showing my pictures right away. And I don't have to worry about deleting all my pictures like I did once with a different frame as this frame wont delete from the memory card. And for my favorite pics, I can copy them from the card and store them in the frame's memory. When I need to put the card back in my camera, the frame is still able to go through all the pics i copied.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Issue with freezing(not moving on to the next photo), October 12, 2011
This review is from: HP 7-Inch Digital Photo Frame-Black (Electronics)
I experienced the same issues that others have been reporting.
The frame would get "stuck" on one photo and would not move on to the next.

I contacted HP via e-mail, and phone support and the customer service is absolutely one of the worst I have experienced. Rude, unhelpful, and almost condescending, telling me that "1GB is a lot of photos, and I should try using less." Thus, the one star rating.
After my unsuccessful attempts with HP live support I tried to test a couple things on my own.

I was finally able to resolve the issue on my own and here is what I did.
#1. In the settings, make sure that the photos are displayed in the "order that was saved" (Do not choose random)
#2. After resetting my frame a few times I noticed that the photo always froze on one particular photo.
#3. Turns out that even though the photos do not show up as corrupted on "thumbnail" mode in the frame, one of my photos was for some reason not compatible with the frame.
#4. Eject the media(SD card, USB drive, etc) from the frame, and manually DELETE THE PHOTO THAT COMES AFTER THE FROZEN PHOTO in the sequence. It seems that the problem arises from the frame not being able to switch over to the next photo.

My frame is working fine now(no thanks to HP support) and I have tested it up to 4gbs(over 500 photos) on both USB drives and SD cards without any issue.
Still not sure what exactly the issue was as the "corrupted" photo shows up fine when I connect the media to my computer, but proved to be a fine solution.

4.0 out of 5 stars HP Digital Photoframe adds life to your house, March 27, 2011
This review is from: HP 7-Inch Digital Photo Frame-Black (Electronics)
I liked this product. Good clarity at all light levels even when sunlight falls straight on it.

Adds life to the whole room, its more than keeping a scenery. Arrange the power cable properly that its not visible. then everything is perfect.

Good to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan, October 22, 2011
Forrest B. Crock (norfolk, va United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP 7-Inch Digital Photo Frame-Black (Electronics)
I bought this at Bestbuy and it keeps on freezing after going through some of the photos and then shutting off. When it is working it is all right, wish I had bought a bigger digital frame so my photos would be a better show.

4.0 out of 5 stars it works, November 9, 2011
This review is from: HP 7-Inch Digital Photo Frame-Black (Electronics)
I like this photo frame because it was simple to setup and it works. I like that it can turn itself on and off. You can plug-in a usb thumb-drive and run the slide show from the usb drive so storage space for photos is dependent on cheap thumb-drives and not internal memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hp picture frame, September 28, 2011
This review is from: HP 7-Inch Digital Photo Frame-Black (Electronics)
I bought this for my mom for mothers day. It was easy to setup and had no issues. Getting the remote to work took some patience. It has no problems displaying pictures and still works. I have it set up on a timer so it powers on in the morning and off at night. So far no complaints from my mom. Overall good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Frame But Not the Best, June 18, 2011
This review is from: HP 7-Inch Digital Photo Frame-Black (Electronics)
Got this as a Father's Day Gift.

The design is nice -- a faux wooden frame and high-quality screen (800x600 resolution). I also think HP was creative in its photo-to-photo transitions.

However, the interface and functionality is archaic. For example, if you put 30 pictures on a USB drive and want to add them to the frame's internal memory, you have to go picture by picture and select "Add to Internal Memory". A nice feature would be a "Add All", which wouldn't be difficult given there is already a "Delete All" features.

Another complaint when adding/deleting photos is that it takes about 2 or 3 seconds for the frame to respond after pressing any button on the remote. Net net, it's a clunky device, not a sleek, modern frame.

That being said, it's probably the best for the price. If you want to make life easy, add photos to an extra memory card and place the memory card directly into the frame. Don't go through the hassle of loading each picture onto internal memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 24, 2011
This review is from: HP 7-Inch Digital Photo Frame-Black (Electronics)
I really didn't expect much. This turns out to be much better than I thought. Images appear sharp with good color. Adapter works in the range 110-250v. Would be even better if it can automatic rotate the images when orientations are wrong. But I do not complain that. It costs just $30. I think it well worths the money i spent on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, May 24, 2011
This review is from: HP 7-Inch Digital Photo Frame-Black (Electronics)
I bought this product for my girlfriend for an anniversary. I uploaded pictures to my SD card (it is the only disadvantage of this product - SD memory card does not come with it). She was very happy to get this is as a present.
Th picture frame has very friendly, multilingual interface. The LED light and high resolution makes it look like there is a real printed picture.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›