5.0 out of 5 stars Legit
Published on September 15, 2010 by Matthew Relph

1.0 out of 5 stars Really wish it worked....
I bought this about 3 weeks ago. It worked great for 2 weeks - and then just stopped. My husband and I both have HP computers, and it stopped working for both at the same time. Bummer! Just processed the return through Amazon, I've always had great experiences with them and this process. We'll see!
Published on October 11, 2011 by MarieMo7

5.0 out of 5 stars Legit, September 15, 2010
Matthew Relph (Richmond, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP 90W Smart AC Adapter for Select HP Laptops (NW199AA#ABA) (Personal Computers)
I bought this power supply to replace a dead power supply for my work field laptop. I have gone through 3 HP power supplies since I received this laptop 5 years ago and I have tried, multiple times with multiple brands, replacing them with cheap generic power supplies from Kensington and such. Generic power supplies seem to be able to power the laptop fine but have never been able to charge the battery, even with higher power ratings than the original power supply that came with the computer. So when my last power supply started beeping instead of powering the laptop, I had to get an HP power supply if I ever wanted to go untethered again, which is a requirement for about 50% of the work I do.

This power supply was ordered on Aug 12th (Thurs night) and showed up at my doorstep on Aug 16th (Mon) with expedited shipping. The package seemed unscathed from its ordeal. The power supply looks exactly like the picture.

I was skeptical that the part would be some kind of knockoff since it was so much cheaper (nearly 1/4 the price) than the equivalent available on HPs website but it came in an unopened HP box, had similar markings and tags as my old power supply, and most importantly, actually works (powers laptop and charges battery). It has worked great for the last month with it being used about 6 hours per day.

Rating:
1 Star (Shipping) + 1 Star (Price) + 1 Star (No undocumented surprises)+ 2 Stars (Works the way it is supposed to) = 5 Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy from the right seller!, September 9, 2012
Heres a tip for people when buying on Amazon. I'm sure many people know this already, but apparently there are even more who dont know.

Always be aware of what your buying. Especially with certain electronic items. There are so many manufacturers of compatible electronic parts/products.

We'll use this HP charger for example.
This is a universal listing (As most listing on Amazon are). It really shouldn't be a universal listing because its a deceiving tactic, but Amazon allows it to be this way. So, at some point in time, a seller created this listing so they could sell their OEM/Genuine HP A/C Adapter. Then, over time, other sellers latch onto the listing if they have the same item to sell. This way, Amazon wont have 100 listings of the same product. They only have 1 listing with 40 sellers offering the product at different prices.
So what ends up happening is shady sellers will list their knockoff/OEM compatible under this Genuine HP listing. Although the description states that this is a HP product and gives a HP model number, many sellers arent selling genuine HP chargers. They're selling compatible models.

What it looks like to me, at this point in time, is that NONE of the chargers being "FULFILLED BY AMAZON" are Genuine/OEM HP products. I might be wrong, but thats what it looks like.

You have to search through the 40+ sellers to see which ones are selling Genuine HP chargers. Dont use the seller that Amazon suggests for you. Sure, you'll get the best price using the Amazon suggested seller, but you're rolling the dice as to whether or not you'll receive the product that you think your buying.

Searching through the sellers, the first 5 state that the product is "In Stock"...nothing about being a Genuine HP product.
Then you get to the seller Triangle World who simply states "OEM". Hmmm...does that mean OEM compatible or Genuine OEM? Who knows! I'll pass on them too.

Next up is In and Out Computers. They state "New in Box". Another flip of the coin. "New in Box" doesnt necessarily mean that its a genuine HP product. It could very well be an HP product, but it might not be.

Then another Amazon Fulfilled seller who doesnt mention anything about the legitimacy of the charger they're selling....I'd stay away from them.

And finally! The 9th seller down...Laptop Parts Plus. Although their charger (with shipping) is $10 more then the cheapest listing on Amazon, they clearly state: "GENUINE HP / BRAND NEW / IN STOCK"

So, in the end, you decide what you want to do. Take a chance with the cheapest price on Amazon and pray that you dont get some POS no-name brand charger. Or spend a couple dollars more and buy from a seller who clearly states that they're selling you a Genuine HP charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real HP Laptop Cord!, November 16, 2010
After I lost my laptop cord on vacation, I was going to buy a refurbished HP laptop cord from Best Buy for $25. I found this brand new cord on Amazon and bought it instead. It really is an actual HP brand laptop cord, and it works perfectly. I ordered it on a Monday night and got it in the mail on Friday, earlier than I expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really wish it worked...., October 11, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted only 7 Months, October 23, 2012
I bought the product in March 2012. Shipping was fast and product appeared to work as advertised until it totally stopped working in October 2012.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 23, 2012
After reading reviews of other vendors where they only received half of the adapter I was apprehensive in even ordering an adapter not from HP. However, this thing is perfect. It's the whole enchilada and works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement power supply easy to buy and use, April 2, 2012
After our dog chewed up the power supply that came with the original HP laptop, it was easy to find an exact replacement. Plugged right in and we were back up and running. I probably should buy another one right now in case our dig gets hungry again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not charge HP 6910p, not Genuine HP, February 8, 2012
I ordered 2 of these from SF. ALLRETIRE (Fulfilled by Amazon). They would not charge my laptop, defective, they were also NOT the model that is described here (I received model ED495AA, which apparently has the same specs). They also arrived in generic brown cardboard boxes, no HP packaging whatsoever, and with no dongle. The quality of the wiring was very low (cheap soft plastic, the really smelly kind) not comparable at all to my old charger that came with my laptop. THESE ARE OBVIOUSLY CHINA COUNTERFEIT FROM THIS DISTRIBUTOR, I thought because it was fulfilled by Amazon I would be safe but no such luck (at least I can return it to them, hassle free). To any and all that review this item and other ones please note WHO you received it from, so we can weed out who is distributing the counterfeit ones! (would have helped me a lot)

4.0 out of 5 stars Laptop AC Adapter, June 6, 2011
I ordered 2 of these, one for another office set up and one for travel. They shipped quickly. Both are working to date just as well as the adapter that came with my laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP Smart Adapter, December 12, 2011
Hello, this product was shipped in excellent condition and arrived sooner than expected.
My daughter was happy and was able to get back on her computer.
Thank you!