5.0 out of 5 stars Nice MFP color laser printer
Published 22 months ago by Xiaoyu Wang

3.0 out of 5 stars The printer is a good product, but…
The printer is a good product, but the user interface needs some work as well as the color settings and auto scanning of documents.

Published 5 months ago by Jeff

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice MFP color laser printer, March 2, 2013
This review is from: HP CE903A LaserJet Pro 300 Color MFP M375NW Wireless Multifunction Laser Printer (Office Product)
I did not buy this printer from amazon. I got one from local OfficeMax for $449.95. Great deal. I had a MFP Brother laser printer for 6 years. It has been serving me well. But it is a black and white printer. I thought I could wait for couple more years for the color printers to mature enough with real life quality and their prices to come down, but lately I have often found myself in the need to print color printout for my son school work. So I went shopping. I had decided to buy one made by Brother. But eventually I settled on this one after comparing them.

First off, it is a great looking printer. Good quality looking. A bit heavy though. With high memory size, good for a small office use. The print out quality is great, even better than the one in my work place, which is an enterprise edition. I did not really expect to see such high color quality - very sharp and no distortion. I tried it with some of my high resolution photos taken with my Canon EOS D20 Digital SLR. Even on plain regular paper, they look absolutely great. It is amazing to see how fast technology advances these days - a home version can beat a enterprise edition that is just couple years old. I also tried copy and scan functions. They work flawless. I especially like the scan to email feature, which allows me to scan a paper and send it to me in an email as a PDF attachment. You can also scan it to a shared folder on the network or a USB drive (there is a USB drive on the front panel). There are two types of feeders for copy & scan on the top, one of them is a flat top, which is must if you need to copy/scan hard copy like your drivers license. My old Brother does not have this and thus was only able to take paper, which often forced me to go to a store or my work place if I need to copy/scan cards. At the bottom, there are two paper feeders, the lower one is a tray (can hold a ream of 500 sheets) and the middle one is folded behind the front panel. So you will need to pull down the front panel if you want to use the second feeder, which allows you to use envelops (roughly 50 of them max) or regular A4 paper of approximately 200 sheets at max.

There are three ways you can connect to the print, wireless, usb, and ethernet. I use wireless, it is just so convenient. I can move the printer around and just simply plug in the power cord and it is there at your service right away.

The printer working noise is acceptable. Its printing speed is good. Also within it, there is a small computer running with a web interface to which you can access and change the printer settings through a browser. On the web interface, there is a tab called "smartInstall", which really does what it promises. The install is a breeze. For my iPad, I did not even have to download/install anything - it just finds it and is able to print out photos on it.

It is like iPhone, you can also download and run apps on it! Not sure if I am able to use that function but it goes to see nowadays how fast the digital devices have become smarter and smarter. You can download some news over the web and print it out.

So far, I am extremely satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, December 30, 2012
Good printer for home office. Really like the easy setup and that the scanner has TWAIN drivers and will scan directly into the PDF filer software I use. The print speed is not the fastest timed it on 55 pages of letter size text from the time I clicked print till completed was 5 minutes 22 sec this included the time it took to clean. Just printed a 160 pages it stopped to clean several times. Have used it for a month and had no issues. Really like the Air-print option works great from my ipad. This model doesn't have duplexing if having to turn pages over by hand bothers you better go with the 475.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Multi-Function Machine, January 18, 2013
We have been using this in an office setting for four months now and have no complaints. It is very easy to set up and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hp Greatness, September 9, 2013
Great printer !!! Money well spent!!! The best is being able to send a fax right to the machine by email real cool!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars The printer is a good product, but…, July 24, 2014

COLOR: No adjustment for the saturation of color collectively, the setup is counter intuitive varies greatly when applied. No settings directly for lighter or darker, just settings to adjust the CYMK individually highlight, mid-tones and shadows in the SYSTEM - COLOR DENSITY settings. Adjusting these settings is not ideal. There should be a preview of what you are doing with adjustments on screen to better determine the changes. Color over all is good, but is dark and not exact. I work with a color calibrated monitor for print work that is constantly being calibrated for light and the print from the product is not close, but good enough… ;)

SCANNED DOCUMENTS: Product has a tendency to jam in the paper feeder on top at the end of the feed, as well as pages are twisted or skewed in the scan which makes them not consistent and aligned in the final PDF document. There is no adjustment of alignment that can take care of this. The pages go in straight, but some of the page are scanned at an angle. NOT GOOD! Also when there is a jam, the system stops and does not restart where it left off, so you will have to start the scan all over again and hope it won't jam again in the process. The product should go on hold and begin again once the jam is clear and the feeder has the document in place to complete the task it started.

Some HELP along the way:
BEST PRACTICES: When setting up your “Scan to Folder” on your computer wirelessly use the local ip address (IPv4) starting with 192.168.1.???\folder name (PC) or 192.168.1.???/folder name (Mac) “the backslash is different for each” This was frustrating at best, but I was able to get it done on my wireless peripherals. DON'T try to put the full address in, it won't work. The IP Address with the folder name is perfect and the product finds it immediately.

For the price of this product I paid, it is a good deal, but in future upgrades to the firmware I would want those things mentioned addressed and upgraded or fixed…

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer!, April 18, 2014
This is perfect for anyone in the office or even at home if you need the functionality. It's durable and i always trust the HP name. I would recommend this for anyone with a tight budget needing a MFP

5.0 out of 5 stars So far So good. Wifi work wirelessly is a plus, August 24, 2014
After 6 months, So far So good. Wifi work wirelessly is a plus. Very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Less than 6 months old and its broke!, March 24, 2014
My printer is about 5 1/2 months old. I looked online, and this model is hard to find. I think I know why... be careful when you purchase this model. If it breaks, the manufacturer would be more than happy to send you a refurbished model. Can't wait to get someone else's problem!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, March 4, 2013
My title pretty much says it all. This printer is FABULOUS! I can't believe the color pictures I am getting even on just plain paper printed FROM MY CELL PHONE! Wow!