Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP Chromebook 11 (White/Red)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 17, 2014
Ive had a toshiba laptop for the past 3 years and i had more than enough problems with it. When it crashed (and i lost everything) for the second time i decided i needed a new device. I just graduated college and i am living on a budget, so i didnt have a lot of money to throw away on another laptop, so i looked into chromebook. Its simple and easy to use, which is good for me because i am pretty stupid when it comes to computers, and it looks and runs like a computer that is 3x as expensive. and i also want to give a shout out to the "cloud-like" system that automatically backs up everything i have on my computer! the only drawback i have to it is that i cant play the sims on it (im addicted) BUT my old toshiba is back up and running (slowly, but its running) so i can still use it for gaming.

If you are a intense gamer, do not have access to either internet in some form (if you are an ethernet person, you will need a USB adapter, but mine only cost $21), you NEED a disc thingy, then i would go with a different computer. but if you are just using your computer for writing, web-surfing, video streaming, ext. then i would say go for it.
on May 9, 2015
There is a KNOWN charging issue with the HP Chromebook 11s. If you just google it, you can read pages and pages written about this. In Nov, 2014, I bought one for the kids. We have 3 Macbook Pros, and they're constantly plugged in and unplugged without any issues. By March, 2015 (4 months later), the Chromebook was charging erratically. I went online, tried all the temp fixes: keep plugged in x 24 hours; slightly wiggle the charger in the port; reset computer (push 'on' and 'reload' button - above the 4 button, together) both with charger plugged in and not plugged in, and they were truly all temporary. I wasn't about to do the final 2 fixes: 1. open the back of the computer to unplug the battery (a la the 12 yr old's 9 minute Youtube fix-it video) or 2. gently raise the prematurely depressed tab in the charging port with a sharp knife; for a Chromebook still under warranty. I called HP, got transferred to 3 different numbers, and finally ended up at Google's Chrome service desk. Don't ask me why, since I actually bought it from HP online, but Google is servicing this. They promptly replaced it, in March, 2015.
Today is May 9, 2015, less than 2 months from receiving the replacement. We have babied this thing - my kids almost never move it anymore, and it might get unplugged once every 2 days - we treat it like a desktop. The charging issue has just started up again. It luckily stopped with the reset-computer fix, but believe me, I am keeping a CLOSE eye on this thing, and am watching my 1 yr warranty expiration date very closely. I suppose the silver lining in the cloud is that it teaches my kids how to troubleshoot computers (that 12 yr old learned pretty quickly - too bad he can't figure out a permanent fix, then HP could hire him!), but I would personally NEVER tolerate this if it were my own computer, and I depended upon it for daily work or home usage. HP/Google know about this, yet there are no systemwide fixes. I feel bad for the people who are out of warranty - good luck to you all!
on December 21, 2013
I was looking for a light, portable surfing tool with a good screen. I looked at the Samsung 11.6 inch unit, but it seemed flimsy and the screen was not clear. I'm very happy with the HP. The keyboard is about as good as a chicklet style gets... quite easy to type on. I would have liked a lighted keyboard, but so far that doesn't happen at this price. Something happened to my charger soon after I got it, though I don't think I had the overheating problem. The original charger was rated at 3 amps. Believe me, it's nearly impossible to find another one that will provide 3A on one line. All of the supposed 3A charges I could find source 1A on one port and 2.1 amps on a second USB port, for charging an iPad and a phone, for example. My iPad 4 charger provides only 2A. This device BARELY charges on 1-2 amps when powered down, and not at all if on (even when closed). So you really need the 3A charger, which they are replacing free (finally after 2+ months).
I was very happy to get 12 free GoGo sessions. That was enough to nearly pay the cost of the unit, for me. I have already used 2 of those sessions. Not sure if it would have made sense, otherwise. The processor is probably slower than the new Windows 8 tablets with Bay Trail processors. Not sure if you'll get smooth video on this one. It's not available on flights, and there is not enough RAM in this unit 16 GB to keep movies. And no services let you put them onto jump drives. So it doesn't look like it will fill that need, and I have to watch movies on my Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch, which is a great solution. But when can I carry ONE device with me instead of 2 or more? Still waiting. Windows 8 does not have the apps I use on Android, and probably never will. I hate the weight and other issues with my iPad, such as lack of memory expansion. Perhaps the newer, dual-boot Android-Win8 devices will fill the void.
on August 31, 2014
Bought the green trim model through Google Play and use it constantly. I also bought a new HP windows laptop the same month. I figured the chromebook would be nice to have nearby at work/watching TV etc. While I like my HP laptop, I found myself using the chromebook 95% of the time. Super easy, awesome little computer. No problems at all after 11 months and I use it all the time.
on October 12, 2014