Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on March 19, 2013
The computer is well spec'd for the money. I DID NOT want a Windows 8 OS. The processor is fast and it has a good amount of RAM, and a fast hard drive. I went with a midtower design, because even though the "all in one" designs look nice, the are rarely easily upgradeable or repairable. This computer IS NOT wi-fi enabled. Small complaint because a wi-fi PCIe card or external USB wi-fi can be had for cheap and easily installed in minutes. This computer has multiple empty bays, allowing you to add a hard drive, wireless card, TV tuner, or whatever you need, or may end up needing. The keyboard and mouse are very low end, (if you are used to nicer products), but get the job done.
on May 27, 2014
Incredibly slow when faced with file reading/writing external USB memory sticks. I'm copying one 16Gb memory to another for backup purposes right now and the transfer speed is listed at this moment as 75Kb/sec. That is ridiculous, but unfortunately consistent with trying to access normal files like spreadsheets and so on from a USB memory stick. Since I use memory sticks a lot, I would not purchase this computer again. It's slower than the 8-year-old computer it replaces!

There was a time when purchasing HP was one way to know you were getting (and paying for) high quality equipment. Maybe I'm living in the past but what I got is not what I expected.

Ok, the memory transfer rate is now up to 724 Kb/sec., where it's hovered at for a little while. When it started it was a snail-like 40 Kb/sec., so it appears to start very slow and gradually speed up to just slow. Hopefully the backup will complete in the several hours of a working day so that I can take the USB thumb drive home this evening.
on May 27, 2013
These are wonderful workstations preloaded with Windows 7 Pro. I purchased 3 for my company. Great computers! Run extremely fast for basic computer users! I will be buying more as needed. Also, delivery was quick!

See 1 answered question