4.0 out of 5 stars nice for the money, very happy
Published 20 months ago by Nathan Sharfi

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely get what you pay for here!
Published 23 months ago by DrdxP

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely get what you pay for here!, August 17, 2012
This review is from: HP Compaq Presario cq58-a10nr 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I bought this laptop with my graduation money. I've only had it a few months, and it's held up so far. If you're like me, you pick up your laptop using the sides towards the front. The only problem with that is the CD drive is located in the exact place where your hands would be. I'm always terrified of breaking the CD drive. The only other problem that I have is the cooling system. Like all HP laptops, the cooking system is located in the top left corner, directly where your leg is if you hold it on your lap. This laptop gets hot fast!

Other than that, it's great. It's the first laptop that I've ever bought, and I'm really happy with it. The keys are a little close together with no real space for dust or hair to get caught in (if you have animals) so it's easy to clean. The mouse pad has raised bumps on it which prevents natural grease from your fingers from wearing down the mousepad and giving it a worn look. The microphone and camera work amazingly, making this computer great for skype calls. To me, it seems like a great choice for college kids. It's not too expensive either. You get what you pay for!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice for the money, very happy, November 26, 2012
This is not a high end laptop, but it really is a great computer for the money. I don't want to over rate it because I have several higher end laptops that cost a more than this one. However, this did the job for my mother. She is very happy with it. It is a good looking computer, it runs great, and I have always had good success with Compaq. If I had to buy it again, I would without hesitation. The only reason I did not give it five stars is because I know there are other laptops that cost more that I like better. I felt that it was not fair to give it 5 stars just based on value.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blue Screen of Death, August 21, 2012
Matthew T Benton (Carmel, IN United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this computer for my daughter. She didn't load any software (only watched YouTube) and within 3 days it gave her the "Blue Screen of Death" computer failure. I returned it for an identical model. The only software that she loaded on the second computer was iTunes. The second computer is also giving us the "Blue Screen of Death" within a few days (not when running iTunes). It appears that there is a hardware or firmware issue with this model. We are returning the second computer for a refund. We will select a different model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Computer, January 2, 2014
The computer met all my expectations for a simple work computer. It is a little heavy to carry long distances, but in light of that it is sturdy enough to do what needs to be done.

5.0 out of 5 stars great purchase, March 18, 2013
Excellent purchase, a so usefull for my job, according to the request, very good service, 100% satisfied customer, thank for your attention...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, March 6, 2013
I received the product in excellent conditions and on time as expected. It was a really good service. I recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Purchase of this item, February 15, 2013
I first purchased this item from Wal-mart for myself. I am enrolled in online classes to earn a Batchelor's degree in IT. My daughter was using a bulky Toshiba Satellite we had purchase a few years ago. The Satellite put up a good fight, but carelessness finally did it in. I love my Compaq so much I decided to purchase one for my daughter as well. Can't beat the price for such a speedy, lightweight laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great computer, February 13, 2013
I needed another Windows 7 computer for my music studio, as most programs have not been upgraded to windows 8. I bought this same computer last year-so now I have two of them. I primarily have loaded Sight Reading, Ear Training and Theory programs for my students to use in the Computer Lab before and/or after their private lessons. Even my 4 year olds use these. I did add a separate mouse and earphones to each. The new computer is connected to a Midi keyboard.
Great computer, good size screen, and reasonable price.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, but underpowered, February 6, 2013
The non techie review is that this computer is ok, but it is underpowered for the operating system it is running. Everything else is top quality - screen, case, full keyboard (mouse pad is very large and I tend to tap it while typing, but that is my issue). For the price, I can't complain too much. I wouldn't try anything that is processor dependent (no gaming, or high quality graphics), unless you like to wait. For the average user, this is probably all they need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money., December 30, 2012
What can I say. It is a good basic computer that is working properly. I am glad it came with Windows 7 instead of 8. Windows 8 can be annoying on computers without touch screens. It is a good deal for the money.

Rate and Discover Movies