5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy

1.0 out of 5 stars Mother board failed
Published 7 months ago by Scott W. Hausmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, September 23, 2013
This review is from: HP ENVY 700 700-010 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I bought this as a Factory refurbished unit from Amazon. When it arrived it was A model 700-056 which has 12GB and a 2 TB hard drive. The 700-010 was listed as 8GB and 1 TB. Another person was complaining about the Beats Audio but if you don't like the way it sounds there is a way to turn it off (section 3 page 5 of the install manual ).I've had to reinstall the Bluetooth driver other than that everything works better than expected. Windows 8 is not as bad as everybody complains about once you learn to navigate thru it. I was still using Vista before this. This only comes with a 90 day warranty being refurbished but I purchased an 4 year extended warranty on Amazon and was still under $500.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend this one, May 11, 2014
This review is from: HP ENVY 700 700-010 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I wasn't sure about buying this after reading some of the reviews. But so far so good. I've had it about a month and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The games are super and I added a 27 inch LED-lit monitor that makes everything just pop! Movies are great also, like watching on a television. Can't beat it! Windows 8 is definitely different, but I haven't had any major problems with it and I am slowly getting used to the new set up.This unit was a recommended model in a popular magazine that gives "ratings" on lots of appliances, autos and just about everything people buy! And it has lived up to what they said about it. I'm quite happy with my purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mother board failed, April 16, 2014
This review is from: HP ENVY 700 700-010 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Had the cpu for 3 months and motherboard crashed. Had to send back to hp after numerous emails trying to help them diagnose the problem. I then had to send cpu back to them and wait for its return. I had to go 2 weeks with out it. Can't believe they didn't have the ability to send some type of service tech to repair it or have a place to drop it off for service. Now CPU is acting up again within a week of getting it back. Don't think i'll be buying any future hp products with that type of warranty service.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP Envy 700 710, March 4, 2014
This review is from: HP ENVY 700 700-010 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
As always I am satisfied with this purchase. The HP 700 710 performes great and meets my needs for a computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it to write these reviews. I have set ..., September 30, 2014
This review is from: HP ENVY 700 700-010 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Using it to write these reviews. I have set it up with linux. Kubuntu 14.04 right now and have not had any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Machine, March 8, 2014
This review is from: HP ENVY 700 700-010 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
This is an awesome computer, very fast and exceeded my expectations. My only dislike is windows eight. It is totally different from anything I have ever seen or used. It is not user friendly.

2.0 out of 5 stars love it., January 11, 2014
This review is from: HP ENVY 700 700-010 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
bought this to replace an old HP from 2004. this computer is lightening fast compared to my old one. I'm not crazy about the Beats sound system in it but I don't use this computer to listen to music, I use my laptop for that. all in all I'm happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 31, 2014
This review is from: HP ENVY 700 700-010 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Working fine so far and very quiet and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars We'll worth the money!, January 26, 2014
This review is from: HP ENVY 700 700-010 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
This computer does everything I need it to. I am a gamer and it runs well for that. I use it at least 9 hrs. a day!

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, January 9, 2014
This review is from: HP ENVY 700 700-010 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
could not get it to operate...had engineer assistance...not friendly pc...sent it back it stinks and never would i recommend windows 8...hp has lost favor with me too...after 3 previous pcs cost me $60 to back out of the purchase