|Screen Size||14 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 X 768 pixels|
|Processor||1.7 GHz Core i5-3317U|
|RAM||4 GB SDRAM|
|Hard Drive||500 GB flash_memory_solid_state|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Card Description||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||3060 MB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
HP Envy 4-1030us 14-Inch Ultrabook (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i5-3317U Processor 1.70GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.60GHz
- Full-size island-style backlit keyboard
- 4 GB Memory,500GB HDD + 32GB msata
- 14-Inch Screen, Intel HD Graphics 4000,Blueray player and CD/DVD burner not included
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
This runs Windows 7 x64, which is an excellent operating system. I know there are major debates about operating systems, but I think we are fortunate to have several excellent ones from which to choose. Windows is my preference in my household and is on our 5 other computers. I won't go further into this because the operating system is largely independent of the computer hardware. If you don't have a strong preference, Windows will work great for you; if you do and you're reading this I need not say more.
The computer is good looking and feels solid. It is black brushed aluminum on the top and around the keyboard and a nice red on the bottom. It is thin (my calipers say a little over three-quarters of an inch), light (mine weighed 3 lbs., 15 ounces), and feels solid, being made largely of metal. The screen is a true 14" from corner to corner, is glossy (not my preference) and opens easily without any latch. Along the edges are ports for networking, storage, headphones, video (HDMI) and power. It shows fingerprints readily.
The computer starts up quickly. On first-use there are questions about timezone and user/computer naming, but after that each startup is less than 20 seconds from the computer being off (not sleep or hibernate, but off).Read more ›
- This laptop looks amazing! I love the black and red scheme and the bottom really is fun to touch (and not too hot thanks to HP Cool Sense).
- The keyboard and touch pad are fun to use! Typing is an absolute breeze and the gestures on the touch pad are incredibly intuitive and efficient. The back-lit keyboard can be turned on and off easily.
- The battery life is phenomenal.
- The screen looks great and is the perfect size for mobile performance. The screen resolution looks good at this size.
- Incredibly fast start-up and shutdown times. General responsiveness is great.
- The built in audio is about as good as it gets. External audio still sounds better (it always does), but the speakers do go a long way.
- The CPU does well at balancing performance and battery life. (Don't let the 1.7Ghz fool you, it boosts on its own up to 2.4 - 2.6, and Intel's latest Ivy Bridge processors pack more punch than older models.)
- The RAM is a little low for me, I would have liked to see 6GB or even 8. But 4GB does get the job done for me now, and the RAM should be fairly upgradeable (to a max of 16GB) for users who aren't afraid to open up their machine. The 4GB is a single DIMM which is nice for upgrading.
- The webcam is neither wonderful nor terrible. The microphones are better than the video in my opinion.
- There is no optical drive. I rarely use one anyway, and I already own an external DVD drive so it wasn't much of a problem. If you don't have an external drive, I strongly suggest purchasing one along with this ultrabook.Read more ›
+ Very slim and light weight. Looks nice with the red undertone.
+ Illuminated keyboard and ability to turn on/off (lock) the trackpad.
+ Fast boot times and responsive usage, long as you are not trying to use it like a decked out desktop.
+ Gestures on trackpad, such as 2 finger scrolling and pinch zoom.
+ Screen is bright enough, despite other reviews.
+ Keyboard may take a little to get used to but has a nice feel. Matte plastic.
+ HP has really good customer support, not that I've had a problem with the laptop (yet).
+ USB 3.0 ports are always good. The 2.0 port is a charging port and still provided power when I put the laptop to sleep.
= Base of laptop. It has a rubberized feel which is nice. Provides good grip when being carried but it is also a dust magnet.
= For a very recent machine, it should have used a single headset/microphone 3.5mm plug instead of splitting it.
= Brushed metal top can be a fingerprint magnet but it is easy to just wipe clean. Nonetheless it looks nice.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this for our grandson in August of 2013 and he loves it! Still being used constantly by him ......he's a sophomore in high school. Never has had a problem with it.Published 13 months ago by C. J. Smith
Bought this ultrabook brand new from Adorama Camera. Barely a year later, the harddrive died with the very well known 3f0 error. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Redv
I have 2 HP computers. My ENVY 17 Notebook has two SSD drives and is a wonderful reliable workhorse. HP tech support is the best in the biz. Read morePublished on September 30, 2013 by Amazon Customer
I would NOT recommend this computer. My husband has been using it for 8 months. It started having problems with "freezing" early on. HP failed to fix it. Read morePublished on September 3, 2013 by cinder48
I bought this computer in August 2012 on Amazon. I have nothing but good things to say! The backlit keyboard is probably one of my favorite features, along with the HDMI port. Read morePublished on August 15, 2013 by Lorena
great ultrabook, met all my expectations so far... fast, thin, efficient, comfortable to type, reasonable price. the only thing that could be better is the sound / speakersPublished on August 2, 2013 by Camila de Andrade Tucunduva
Well here i am almost 10 months after the purchase. Is a very good product, but is has a few flaws.
Very lightweight for it's size, remember is a 14"... Read more
This computer is TRASH. Do not buy it. It's like a TOY! I think Crappy HP had kids making these. Too many problems to even address. HP is a ripoff and should be ashamed of it. Read morePublished on July 15, 2013 by ann
It is beautiful and fulfilled my requirements. light and thin enough for me to carry to school every day. Able to handle some games.Published on June 19, 2013 by Huitong Pan
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.