Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 18, 2012
I received my laptop in just a few days, and was extremely pleased when I got it started up. The graphics are EXCELLENT, and the Beats Audio is like theater sound coming out of a laptop...very impressive for the price! Also, the True Vision HD webcam is flawless.
So, all in all I would say this laptop truly exceeded my expectations. I wouldn't think twice about recommending it for anyone in need of a good, decent priced laptop.
on January 25, 2013
I am a college student and this laptop has met my needs and then some. Windows 8 has a learning curve for sure but all multimedia points will blow you away. The hd screen, beats audio, and the webcam are all fantastic. The keyboard is comfortable as well, and the a6 processor along with 4gb of ram runs plenty fast to do whatever I need as a student and a young adult. For the price it is a perfect 5out of 5
on January 7, 2013
This is a nice laptop - visually appealing with a crisp clean display. Like others, Windows 8 does not seem as user friendly as Windows 7, but that says more about the Windows program than the computer itself. This was purchased for my 21-yr-old son as a replacement laptop (his had broken). I bought it for him mostly to complete research and write papers as he completes college. Because he is an avid gamer, he would have preferred a laptop with more of an ability to download games quickly, but he is okay that this was not bought with that purpose in mind.

When I first purchased, I noticed that the screen would freeze up and I'd need to restart it. This happened 2-3 times. Since my son's had it, he does not report that to be a problem. I'd be curious if other reviewers found this to be true of their HP Envy.

So far for the price, this has been a good purchase. It was easy to set up, and my son appreciates.
on December 26, 2012
Laptop seems to work nicely so far with no complaints from son who we purchased it for.I'm not a fan of windows 8 and don't think it will ever go over well for laptops and home computers. If I wanted a tablet I would have purchased one. The window 8 tablet feature is annoying.
on February 14, 2013
I ordered this laptop to replace a 7 year old Dell Inspiron that was on it's last leg.I was accustomed to using Windows XP so Windows 8 was new to me.Despite what other reviewers had said about the difficulty in navigating Win 8,it didn't take me long at all to get accustomed to it.Read the Windows manual that comes with the system and you should be able to comfortably use Win 8.The HP Envy with the Beats Audio is good,especially like the Bluetooth feature.Makes transferring pictures and music from my smartphone to the computer relatively easy and I'm no tech geek.The Beats Audio is ok,not a knock your socks off speaker system but it is a laptop.My old Dell actually had better sound with the Audigy speakers. Am upgrading my Ram to 16 Gigs, 4 gigs in this system isn't enough.May look into upgrading the hard drive to a solid state. Had an issue with the Biometric scanner not working,went into Device Manager to see what wasn't working, found that the verifying sensor driver needed to be reinstalled. Reinstalled the driver,rebooted the computer and we were back in business. Definitely delete Norton, it is a resource hog. I use AVG Free, don't have to pay for it after trial ends.The display is good , just tweek it to your personal tastes. All in all a good laptop with some great features.
on January 2, 2013
This laptop is high quality for the price and a mean machine for most things. It is not a high end game machine, but it is not priced to be. It runs all programs great that we use, and has a great image.
on December 14, 2012
I paid $429 for this computer and so far it does what I need quite well. It's speed is adequate but sometimes doesn't run video without buffering issues. Other times, it runs video flawlessly. Not sure why. Pages mostly load quickly, but sometimes can lag while loading, especially the first time visiting a site.It could be my WiFi is what is needed in upgrading. One annoying feature is the loading tray for the DVD drive doesn't open and close with ease. If I were constantly using this for DVD's I would probably return computer. But it is an annoyance that I can put up with considering I seldom use the tray.I do like the keyboard. I find it comfortable to use and very responsive. My other laptop is old enough that this laptop seems like a huge upgrade.I like the finger swipe to use for password sites. It doesn't work 100% (more like 90%) the first swipe but it usually works with the second swipe. And I find when it doesn't work, it is because I didn't place my finger exactly in the correct position. I do like the sound. It uses Beat Audio and is a huge upgrade over my previous laptop, but, remember, it is still laptop speakers. Now, about Windows 8. It is a learning curve and this computer is not a touch screen. After a couple of weeks, I have gotten the knack of it.. I do find that it can be a pain when using a touch pad that the charms come up or a slide of the finger on the touch pad can bring back the App screen. I find myself using the desktop screen most the time as I find the apps mostly boring or the email app doesn't give me enough features to bother opening email from it. And i haven't been able to get the music app to be my ITunes app. I have my music in the app but not the ITunes site. I may be able to figure it out. I don't highly recommend this computer but for $429, it is worth it if you are looking for an upgrade.

Update after a couple months with this computer. The simple pass swipe feature crashes and doesn't function properly. I have had HP do two updates and both times, my computer worked worse than before. The first time it messed up the swipe pass feature and all the swipe features except for the swipe to log onto the computer all crashed and and none of them have worked again. The second time there was an update, Google Chrome crashed and I had to re-install the program. Some of the reviews saying this machine is buggy are correct. It's not the smoothest machine I have owned. I wouldn't buy it again.
on February 8, 2013
My old laptop ran out of memory and my birthday was coming up. I picked this as my present. Windows 8 is the most user friendly version I have used. This laptop has Beats Audio which sounds great. There is a subwoofer on the bottom which gives incredible bass. The black brushed metal finish looks sharp. It is equipped with a "finger scanner" built into the laptop below the number pad. If you slide your finger slowly and completely over the sensor you can log into your laptop and any account you have. The picture is incredible! The AMD dual core processor provides fast loading on everything. Windows 8 has many features that can make your life easier. This laptop reads Blu-Ray discs, but the disc tray is a little loose. If you're careful with it this laptop can last a long time. The 3.0 USB ports make a difference over the standard 2.0. Overall I would recommend this laptop to anyone who wants one that will serve them well.
on February 1, 2013
First of all, I absolutely love Amazon Prime. I ordered this computer a little after 12 am on Wednesday and I was supposed to receive it on Friday, but instead it arrived on Thursday!

My cat killed my laptop with a cup of coffee so I bought this one as a replacement with my SquareTrade reimbursement. Since I've only had the computer for one day I can't give a detailed review yet, but so far I love it. Everything has worked perfectly; it connected to my WiFi effortlessly, and everything went smoothly from there. Windows 8 isn't nearly the bear that I thought it would be; I wasn't thrilled with it at first, but today I have been using it with no problems at all. It's just a matter of learning something different but it really isn't difficult at all; as a matter of fact I think it has simplified most things. For those of you who are hating Windows 8, just relax and keep and open mind and you will be quickly navigating Windows 8 in no time. Anyway, I'm loving this laptop; I think that instead of my cat being "in the dog house" for ruining my computer, he just might deserve a special treat after all!
on February 8, 2013
Notebook is fast, excellent screen and camera built in. Not so excited about windows 8,
but this machine - is WONDERFUL. Fast, tons of space for storage, ports on both sides,
silent - and a very large screen! Music plays like no other notebook I have owned.
Really an excellent option for notebooks - and at this price! Wonderful.