Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 22, 2013
Great desktop ...this beast runs everything so far FarCry3, hitman, borderlands 2, tomb raider,crysis 3, rage and much more with no problems ....
on February 2, 2013
I have had this PC for about a month and I could not be happier! It is super fast and runs so quiet you can not even tell that it is running. It took a little time to get use to windows 8 but after about 2 days or so I was off and running. I would buy this again and highly recommend to anyone looking for a awesome PC. Amazon, as always, is amazing! I ordered using Prime and got it the next day. The PC arrived in perfect condition and I had it up and running in less than an hour!
on January 23, 2014
We actually bought two of these (his and hers) late last year. They replaced a 10 year old HP and a 10 year old Dell XPS Gen V, both running XP. The new machines are delightlfully quiet and responsive (upgraded both to 24 G of RAM). Did the Windows 8.1 update immediately. Use is for surfing, some work (Microsoft Office suite), photography (image proecessing), watching TV (live video streaming from stations we don't get on cable, like the news from our other home, Miami). Not gamers.

8.1 is a bit flaky. When the machine goes into sleep, it sometimes awakens with strange screen resolutions, requiring a reboot. The OS was obviously designed for tablets so it reverts back to a screen that is very unlike the start bar of past Windows (I really miss "file manager" of the very first Windows but I'm showing my age). HOWVER, like every genration of Windows after 95, you can make modifications to the GUI that put things in a far more familiar framework (like having navigation in 8.1 based on the desktop--if you looked at my machine, you'd think it was runnig XP).

The secret to embracing 8.1 is to make your PC into a tablet. That means a touch screen (in our case, big Acers). My wife LOVES 8.1 because she uses the screen more than the mouse and keyboard and it's a very smooth transition for her to go back and forth between her Kindle Fire and the HP PC. She flies around her applications and files looking like an orchestra conductor on the big monitor. So, be open...customize what you want and you can make this PC look and feel like any other computer you've had, only faster, quieter and compatible with all the newest software.

4 stars because 8.1 is still evolving and a bit unstable. 5 if rating the PC alone.
on November 20, 2013
It is loaded with features and it's really fast but it comes with Windows 8.0 O/S.
The first thing I did was get the free upgrade from Microsoft to 8.1.
This has been the biggest pain, I have been working on it for a week now and it's still not right.
On the phone with 4 different HP support people for probably 3 hours, no help.
Google was more help than HP.
HP tells me if I ever have to use the RECOVERY Function it will revert back to 8.0.
They said there is no Recovery Disk for 8.1.
You have to install 8.0 and go through the whole update process again.
Only complaint about the actual PC is the Wireless Keyboard and Mouse.
Both are 'flaky', especially the Mouse, even with a good 3M Reflective Mouse Pad.
I still have some work to do to get this PC like it should be.
UPDATE: After over a week of trying to upgrade from Windows 8.0 to 8.1 the system finally locked up and would not do anything.
I reformatted the Hard Drive and installed Windows 7, it works fine, no issues there.
Only problem is I have lost the functionality of the 16GB disk-caching Solid State Drive.
I have a email to HP Support asking if I can get this back, no response as of yet.
It's a nice PC but the Windows 8.0 and the 8.1 Upgrade was not for me.
on August 16, 2013
Great product. Well done HP! Runs great fairly easy to use. a small learning curve. Read the enclosed guides before set up and use. =D
on December 29, 2013
The computer is great.

Pros:
Fast starting up (fully boots up within seconds)
Storage (2 terabytes)
Fast all around due to the 6 core processor and 10 GB of memory

Cons:
None so far
on September 3, 2013
I am not sure which one gives the weird performance, this desktop or the Window 8. Sometimes, if I leave the desktop in online status for 30 minutes or more, it turns to be freeze, so I have to push the Power button to reboot. Anyhow, my old desktop (Dell) , which was upgraded to Window 8 had no issue like this. Besides that issue, I like the silence and cool looking.
on February 11, 2013
as is, the item is fine. the amd processor is not up to snuff with its intel price equivalent, but so be it. i would probably rate it 4 stars if not for the following:

the real issue is i have programs that will not run on windows 8, so i "downgraded" to windows 7.

there are no official drivers from HP, and you need to get on the internet to get windows update to find most of the others (but good luck since I couldn't download a NIC driver). luckily i was able to USB tether my phone.

even after getting some drivers, there was still no Bluetooth (dont care) or USB 3.0 driver for the front ports (do care). so i'm now scouring the internet to find old windows 7 drivers, and extracting the executable files to take out the drivers files.

MAJOR PAIN IN THE A. i don't think most people looking for a computer like this will have the technical know how to do all this.

Bottom line, if you are 100% fine with Windows 8, I would say pull the trigger and buy. If you find Windows 8 to be a fail (like I did), this machine is not worth the headache to get Win7 running with all features, look elsewhere!
88 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2013
Very fast, very quiet. No loss of performance no matter how many internet tabs are open or what's running in the background.
on December 16, 2013
Have had this for about a month...It has required a complete restore twice in that time. In addition it won't stay connected to our wireless network - two laptops, our phones and two kindles have no trouble staying connected so the problem isn't the wireless router. When it disconnects from the network the only solution is to restart the computer.