Minimize the size and maximize your mobility with the stylish HP Mini 5101 (model FM955UT), HP's premier full-function business companion PC. With a 10.1-inch diagonal LED-backlit display, a 2.64-pound carry weight, and brushed aluminum finish, the HP Mini 5101 is anything but bland. And the durable all-metal case, with a magnesium base, helps protect your notebook from the rigors of work on the go.
The highly portable, business-oriented HP Mini 5101.
The HP Mini's generous, keyboard produces the typing experience the way email and IM were intended. The 95 percent full-size keyboard, plus a touchpad, offer full-sized notebook familiarity in contrast to smaller keyboards of some competing companion PCs.
It's powered by Intel's 1.6 GHz Atom N280 processor, which uses an innovative design structure and hafnium-infused circuitry that helps reduce electrical current leakage in transistors--providing longer battery life when you're on the go. A roomy 160 GB hard drive (7200 RPM) provides ample storage for all your documents and presentations. Other features include 1 GB of RAM (2 GB maximum), 2-megapixel webcam, Secure Digital memory card reader, Gigabit Ethernet, Draft-N Wi-Fi networking, and up to 4.5 hours of battery life.
It comes preinstalled with the Microsoft Windows XP Home operating system, which offers more experienced users an enhanced and innovative experience that incorporates Windows Live features like Windows Live Messenger for instant messaging and Windows Live Mail for consolidated email accounts on your desktop.
- 10.1-inch LED backlit widescreen display (1024 x 600-pixel resolution) provides richer colors and clearer definition.
- 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 processor combines performance and efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile. The Atom N280 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data). (Learn more)
- 160 GB hard drive with 7200 RPM speed featuring HP 3D DriveGuard--a shock-resistant, hard-mount solution that reduces the transmission of shock to the hard drive by as much as 50 percent. This means that the hard drive is mounted firmly to the notebook frame so the notebook absorbs more of the impact from drops, bumps and bangs. This approach works like a car seatbelt that keeps you strapped firmly in place during an accident, while the car frame absorbs the brunt of the impact.
- 1 GB of DDR2 RAM
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- 2-megapixel webcam
- Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for greater speed and range
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones.
- Software: Microsoft Office Ready, Corel Home Office, HP Disk Sanitizer
- Microsoft Windows XP Home operating system
- Up to 4.5 hours of battery life with 4-cell battery
- Dimensions: 10.3 x 7.09 x 0.91 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 4.7 pounds
- Energy Efficiency ENERGY STAR qualified; EPEAT Gold
- Warranty: one-year standard parts and labor warranty, pick-up or carry-in, and toll-free 7 x 24 hardware technical phone support. On-site service and warranty upgrades are also available.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
With its integrated Draft-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers) as well as 802.11a networks (which has a higher throughput, but more limited range--great for closed office environments). This notebook also provides ultra-fast Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet networking.
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- 1 Secure Digital memory card reader
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- 1 RJ-11 for modem
- 1 RJ-45 for Ethernet
What's in the box
This package contains the HP Mini 5101 (model FM955UT), 4-cell rechargeable battery, AC adapter, power cord, printed user manual
Take the Internet to more places with the long battery life and flexibility of a compact, lightweight netbook powered by the incredibly small, amazingly smart Intel Atom processor
. It features a design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and it uses just 2.5 watts of power--less than 1/10 of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor--for excellent battery management. This 1.66 GHz Atom N280 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).