Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on December 26, 2015
Bought in 2012, after 1 month the screen went black and literally started to get so hot there was smoke. After 1 hour on hold with HP, I got ahold of a representative who barely had a grasp of the English language and it took me 1 more hour to convince him that the laptop was unusable and needed to be sent in. It took about 4 weeks after sending my laptop in to receive a new laptop, which was inconvenient as it was bought for the sole purpose of completing online homework. The replacement worked ok for about a year before the internal drive started to malfunction and the fans became really loud. Basically I have so much stuff on that laptop that I cannot get off because the files are 'damaged' so I still have it but only because there are some photos I don't want to lose yet. HP was my brand but I now have a MacBook Pro which runs like a champ, even though it was more expensive I appreciate reliability
I have used an HP Pavilion since 2009 and it has a trackpad that works very well. I wanted a smaller machine and chose this Folio due to fantastic ratings on CNET and PCMagazine.

The first Folio I received from Amazon emitted a high pitched noise and the clickpad was not very responsive. The second was quieter, but I just can't function with this clickpad. I have tried to get used to it, but it's going back and I never return stuff!
on July 13, 2012
After reading all of the great reviews on other websites about the HP Folio 13, I had to go and check one out myself. I'm glad I took the far drive to see one. I was already poised to hand out a stack of Franklins.

The trackpad killed the whole deal for me. Large enough and placed in the right spot, I was unable to find the right combination in speeding up the pointer. Also, the left and right buttons were stiff, clunky, and just about non-responsive. I expect EVERYTHING to work on this Folio. HP blew it on this - I have no idea why. And no, I am not willing to correct this by purchasing an external mouse.

Other than that, the rest of the Folio 13 I loved. Though not HP's best, the sound was decent enough. Overall, out of the other ultrabooks out there, I loved the feel of the keys and the backlighting. Heavier than the other ultrabooks, the weight of his one is the weight of smaller netbooks. A good, not too feathery weight if you ask me. And the video? not the brightest, but good enough.

Oh well, going to keep shopping. Not buying this one. No thanks, HP.
on October 8, 2012
Purchased the HP Folio 13 with high expectations on June 6, 2012. Had some USB problems that I assumed could be corrected with updated drivers, bios, and all the other suggestions on the support site. The support site revealed there was clearly an issue with recognizing the USB 2.0 port and comments on the site by an unidentified employee implied that this is not an isolated problem. Sure enough, today, after a weekend of attempted fixes, the online support person said it has to be repaired. They also were going to send me to Best Buy instead of the Premier HP servicing dealer in town. In any case, it has to be returned and I won't see it for 8-10 days...worst issue I've had in 30 years with a new computer. I give a one star rating, since this is not my first HP computer problem and apparently this is not an unusual problem. HP quality, like the brand, is clearly deteriorating.HP Folio 13-1020US 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Steel Gray)
on September 22, 2013
Light and long battery life, however it has really cheap hardware. The corner of the screen isn't metal, it's metal-look plastic. The corners of mine chipped of long ago. The USB 3.0 port stopped working after about 2 months the SD card reader stopped working after 6 months. It shuts down unexpectedly constantly and now the other USB is broken. I always carry this in a padded bad and am relatively gentile with it. I've checked for software issues or viruses, but it just isn't built well. It is really frustrating having wasted so much money on a computer you can't count on when you are on a deadline. After one year, this machine is basically useless to me.
on April 18, 2012
The fan of the laptop makes a terrible noise, it is very annoying. I had to return the laptop and ask for a refund.

It is a cool laptop, but for me the noise of the fan was too annoying.
on July 7, 2012
Operating this thing without a mouse gave me a kink in my shoulder within an hour. Plus it was an exercise in frustration -- the last thing one needs from a laptop. I'm amazed no one has complained about this, so perhaps my trackpad is defective. I upgraded the driver and it didn't help. After cleaning the trackpad and my fingers with alcohol, I still find the cursor will sometimes refuse to move after several strokes across the pad. As someone susceptible to computer injuries this absolutely won't work for me! Returning it. If indeed this particular laptop is confirmed defective, and the sludginess is not a general product feature, I'll update my review stating so. I loved everything else about the laptop and disagreed with negative reviews about the battery life -- it was impressive!

Update: Amazon gave me the full refund. They did not comment on the condition of the laptop, but since their laptop refund policy states that they have the option to give only a partial refund if a complaint is false or exaggerated, this could be considered a tacit acknowledgment that the laptop was defective.
on May 5, 2012
2013 UPDATE:

The only thing worse than this computer is HP's tech support. I was unable to log on to my Ultrabook last week. Tech Support fixed this. I told the rep that IE 9 was still crashing when I tried to print. I spent the next 3 days on the phone with various HP Techs. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor. I was told that a supervisor would call me in 15 to 30 mins. I called back an hour later. I was still not permitted to speak with a supervisor. I was transferred to a dept. that handles printer repairs! They asked if I could print using Mozilla. Yes! Can I print a Word doc? Yes! We agreed that my printer worked, and I was put back on hold for Tech Support. I made the mistake of letting the Tech take remote access of the computer. Over the course of the 3 days, various techs installed and uninstalled IE 10, IE 9 and IE 8. After spending 6 hours on the phone, they wanted me to run a 3 HR diagnostic. However, no one would commit to calling me back at the end of the diagnostic. The Tech asked if I had "personal data" on my laptop, because she wanted to wipe out all of my data and go back to the factory settings! Add-ons were disabled. All of my settings were changed. My passwords were deleted, etc. Throughout this ordeal, I kept telling them that lots of Windows 7 users were complaining online that IE 9 crashed when they tried to print. Not one tech bothered to research this or to try any of the online solutions. Finally, I uninstalled MS Update KB2670838. Now, IE 9 works fine! I called back to speak with a supervisor. I was transferred to the wrong dept. 3 times. When I finally got a Tech on the phone, he reviewed my notes and said that I had been lied to. At no time was a supervisor asked to call me! I will never buy another HP product!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I have owned this computer for three and a half months. (Long enough for my Amazon return option to expire.) The computer has crashed twice! I have spent hours trying to understand the HP tech support reps who keep telling me to remove the battery. (Now that I've read several reviews on Amazon, I realize that others have also learned that there isn't a battery compartment on this model. The cust. support scripts are just outdated.) I will never buy another HP laptop. I just hope I can find a way to get HP to take this one back.
55 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2013
HP customer service is so bad that you honestly should not consider buying an HP product unless you are treating it as a throw away item if something goes wrong. Every call takes an hour, you will ultimately talk to someone who has trouble with English and doesn't have any desire to help you, and it will take numerous call sessions to get anywhere. I am going on 4 months on a simple battery replacement under warranty, with a current expected wait time of 3 more months to get the laptop back (that's right- 7 months to replace a battery under warranty).
on March 10, 2013
I bought two HP Ultrabook from B&E Crop through Amazon.com. But till several days, I found that B&E Crop send the wrong item to me, my ordered the PC is "HP Folio 13-1020US", but I received PC is "HP Folio 13-1051nr".
This two PC looks much alike, so that I can not distinguish it by look the face. More than this , the configuration also basically the same, only the CPU exist some difference.

I come from china, I bought this two PC when I in my business trip at Palo Alto in California ,USA. I bought it before one week I go back to china. At then I send email to B&E Crop that hope he can send my PC ASAP. May be the time hurried and two PC looks much alike, so B&E send the wrong item to me.

When I received the PC, since the appearance of this two PC and must need go back china soon, so forget to check it. Untill several days ago, I found the product model is incorrect.

I send email to B&E Crop, and he no response, so yesterday I submit a return item request, and today he give me a response said that the "Expiration of returns period".