1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars dissapointed, March 31, 2012
This review is from: 14.0" Amd 320GB 4GB (Personal Computers)
I did not purchase this from amazon. I rarely make reviews, but this time i had to.

I will say I am picky, this laptop has what i was looking for in physical stats--new gen amd proc, 14" screen, 4gb mem, win7 pro, and 802.11N wireless over 5ghz (most use the crowded 2.4 ghz range), and price.

the deal breaker for me is this laptops screen SUCKS, which isn't something you can look up stats on prior to buying. The viewing angle is unacceptable. Looking perfectly, directly on--the very sides of the screen show that off-coloring typical of LCD's viewed from an angle too far off. Now when you start viewing it at less than perfect angles it gets much worse. Its really annoying that i simply cant lay down/recline what-have you and still have the screen look correct.

Some minor aesthetics i noticed:the keyboard is rather spaced out between keys, unit is thicker than i would expect (i dont have high standards in this--but for a modern laptop it is fairly thick), and there is an uneasy flex to the plastic if the laptop is picked up from the bottom left (where the DVD is). DVD also uses non-standard bezel, so it pops out much like a full tower CDrom in width.

Overall, if the screen wasn't terrible, i would easily have given 4.5 stars.

14.0" Amd 320GB 4GB