Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP 53A (Q7553A) Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Black|Change

on July 11, 2008
I tried to save a few cents and bought a "compatible" toner cartridge.

Needless to say, the few dollars savings were cancelled out with service calls to the printers (by myself)

Now I get only genuine HP. I saved a bit by getting 53X and not the low-volume 53A cartridges.

I certainly am not saying all non-HP toners are less-than-perfect.

It depends on the company re manufacturing the units and their in house QA standards (if they use any).
And if they have any sort of ISO standards they are certified to.
(otherwise, for all you know the seller RE-fills them out in their garage)

If you want to save money on toner for your P2015 printer, get the
53X and not the 53A.
For a bit more $$ you get a high-capacity cartridge vs a regular capacity.
on July 5, 2012
The official HP cartridge for their laser printers cannot be matched. I had been using a third party company for cartridges in my HP LaserJet P2015nd, and thought they were OK. However, I had an occasion to evaluate a series of documents which had been printed in a batch and distributed by mail. All of the items were smeared and bits of the text letters were flaked off and missing. It was probably the fusion process not 'curing' properly. I switched to the HP brand cartridges and have been satisfied with the original results and after a document has been shuffled around in mail or a stack of documents.
on September 19, 2014
This toner cart is pure crap. I could not be more annoyed! Upon installing on 9-16-2014, the prints were literally so light that 20% Gray would describe the color. I literally couldn't read the prints! See sample pics attached.

What worries me most is that I now find it typical of 2014 internet sales that a "real" $130 on Amazon ($230 retail) OEM Legitimate HP 503x laser printer cartridge would be sold as 1st quality. This cart is clearly inferior. It is either counterfeit, made to look legit, or outright D stock. 2-5 years ago, you could trust Amazon to sell legitimate products, but now... YOU CAN'T! This is worry some!

in this effed up stupid future that we have, you cannot even trust a real OEM HP product! }{#%}#!

Not a happy kid here. Luckily Amazon allowed me to waste hours and my last straw of angst, and allowing me to return the piece of crap toner cartridge for a full refund. No wonder they have such a generous return policy.... I'm still annoyed 5 days later!!

Going forward, I've now, for the 1st time ever, actually bought a highly rated non OEM toner cart (LD) as a replacement at $32!! (vs $132, or $230)!! The LD "Remanufactured" 53X Toner Cart works GREAT!!! In fact it's too Black!! So Much better than this old stock, or possibly fraudulent piece of crap that I received from seller "Laser & Copy Supply" on Amazon..
on October 26, 2012
First, my strong preference is to purchase items "sold and fullfilled by Amazon." With this item, at least at the time, this was not an option. So, I was skeptical in purchasing. Since there were several venders to choose from, I chose "Myofficeinnovations." The package arrived in new condition (as advertised) the SECOND day after I ordered! Therefore, I am very pleased with this seller.

As far as the product, I have been buying the HP 2 pack of the 53x toner for years. Lately, it seems that the 2 pack is not as readily available. I know it's expensive, but there is typically a good savings for the 2 pack. I was happy to find it on Amazon.

The product appears in all regards to be the genuine HP 2 pack. And, the price on Amazon was the best I've seen...about $100 less than other vendors elsewhere.

I honestly haven't tried the toner yet, because I'm not to the point of having to replace the current toner I'm using. The 2 pack was shipped without any additional packaging, but, if my memory serves me correct, the box for the item has protective packaging inside to protect against shipping damages. So, unless the toner does not work after I install it, I am happy with all aspects of this purchase...delivery speed, condition of item, etc. And, I would repurchase here on Amazon.

I can now agree with a couple of other posters about the earlier negative comments being outdated, which made me a bit hesitant to puchase this item. But, I do not believe those posters indicated the seller they used, and the negative reviews were so long ago that I'm assuming the issues back then have now been rectified.
on April 9, 2014
The toner comes in a plain white box with "Toner, not OEM product, made in China" printed on it. It seems fine, and works with my printer, but it is not what I was expecting, and is certainly not a genuine HP product as pictured. I should have known better as soon as I saw the price...
on August 18, 2011
After servicing printers for the last 15 yr. I can tell you that 75% of the mechanical printer failures I saw were because of after-market re-manufactured cartridges. Do yourself a favor and only buy Genuine HP.
on March 8, 2013
I would recommend always purchasing HP Brand Printer Cartridges for any one who is concerned with quality printing. I have tried other less expensive off brands or comparable cartridges however they never lasted as long. I do believe you get what you pay for and if it sounds too good to be true it usually is...Stick with HP Laser Jet 53A print cartridge and you will not be disappointed or embarrassed by poor print quality. I have learned you need to stick with the HP name brand print cartridges and search for the best offered price. Its has to be HP for me.
on April 20, 2016
Worked great while our Laserjet still worked. No toner leaks or anything like that, no toner coming off of the pages, and sharp, clear 1200dpi print. Only issue for people who print a lot is that this isn't the full-capacity cartridge. This is the same cartridge, physically, as the 53X, but has only 1/3 the toner in it. So if you can afford it, but the 53X instead.
on May 8, 2016
HP quality is second to none. My company has tried almost every type of re-manufactured toner on Amazon and one of them last as long and work as well as the HP brand. Maybe a local re-manufacturer could produce a similar quality product but nothing on Amazon comes close.
on August 18, 2011