4.0 out of 5 stars HP LaserJet 3015DN
Published on May 14, 2011 by Sunvalley

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible printer
Published on April 15, 2010 by JanChuck

4.0 out of 5 stars HP LaserJet 3015DN, May 14, 2011
This review is from: HP LaserJet P3015dn Printer - Black/Silver (CE528A#ABA) (Office Product)
Setup is failrly strait forward. The printer is excellent quality. The secret to the HP printrs is before adding to the network, alwaya...always download the latest driver library and update the firmware with the latest firmware available. This really solved the paper jams from the high speed printing. This one has a quite mode that is very highly appreciated from the office workers and the speed to print is 7.5-8 sec which is also a nice feature. The big plus is that this printer is based on current medium frame HP printer chassis which are quite robust. This is in the mid to lower side for the medium business and works great for a 5-10 person office. The print speed is quite impressive and will hold an entire ream of paper. Testing it, I printed several small book size print jobs and finished much faster that expected. The add on of additional paper trays and accessories are plug and play with the correct driver available for download. So far has been very good purchase and if as good as the last midsize HP purchased we will get a good 5 years of solid daily use from this printer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible printer, April 15, 2010
JanChuck (New Rochelle, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Do not buy this printer. I read other reviews online that indicated there were problems with a phantom "jam in tray 2" error message but I didn't worry about it since I have never had any problems with HP printers in the past. How wrong I was. The printer worked fine for 2 weeks and then I started getting the same errors. I have spent days (not hours) on the phone and chatting online with technical support and they cannot fix the problem. Not only that - no one is in the US! For this printer, support is in Costa Rica - I find it very difficult to understand them. To discuss problem resolution - it's the Phillipines. The only ones in the US are the sales people. I'm now printing using Tray 1 and manually feeding in the paper. I'm going to try to return the printer and will start over. Save yourself the grief and buy something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works and works and works......, May 12, 2012
latest update 04/03/14: Page count is 256,179. Since new I have used non-oem cartridges. The cartidges are very economical but I have also used toner refills with success - but the dollars saved are not significant. The printer squeaks quite a lot as it grow old gracefully. Paper jams due to roller pickup wear can be a problem but it seems to be very dependent on the paper quality and humidity. I have replaced the rollers but the replacement rollers were not of the same quality as teh originals IMO. Anyway - I still highly recommend this hardware and hope to hit 500k pages!

up date 01/18/13: Printer has delivered 110,955 pages without issues. non-OEM cartridge work well and are highly economical.

Quick update as 09/16/2012 and around 5 months - printer has passed 82000 pages without any issues.....

Item put into service 04/07/12, the initial review was written after 8 weeks:
I was initially concerned about the price of this printer verses lower cost monochrome or color laser printer. I have had negative experiences with seven Dell and Xerox color laser printers over the last 2 years. They simply wear out too quickly (typically 40,000 pg) due to mechanical issues and keeping all four KYMC cartridges in good order is too time consuming. We still have a color laser for promotional business publications but have reverted to monochrome for the bulk of our printing. This HP printer has been without issues for the last 50,000 pages over the last 8 months.

We have had a few instances of phantom messages but nothing that has caused much time being lost. The lack of issues is in stark contrast to both other monochrome and the aforementioned color printers. The time saved more than off-sets the purchase price. The printer works fine with non-OEM replacement cartridges and the cartridges can be easily refilled directly with toner.

This printer to date has been a good quality solution to our general printing needs. We like the quality, duplexing, LAN connectivity, and 600pg paper handling - but mainly just that it does as advertized - it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Printer, September 20, 2010
I have bought 2 of these printers for my company and am getting ready to buy a third. I have had no problems with these printers in the last 8 months. They are quick, easy to set up on the network (Active Director with mostly Windows 7 x64 clients). I can't find fault with this printer. I highly recomend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars HP has gone down hill, December 21, 2010
A mountain of issues plagued us during out first week with this printer before we ultimately sent it packing back to the distributor. Set-up appeared easy and our first print job came after 3 minutes of having the printer on hand. That was the first and last time that the printer decided to print.
We spent a total of 6+ hours between phone conversations and emails with HP after trying to figure out the issue. The printer refused to connect to any workstation we had available, always only printing the first job. It was a mess and a waste of both time and money.
We opted for a different brand entirely. Not a single problem and couldn't be happier without having to deal with unnecessary technical issues that can't be fixed by the very people that make and sell the darned thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Printer, October 8, 2012
Asim Khan (Irvine, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This printer has caused nothing but problems for my company. We had an older HP printer before this that lasted 10 yrs!!! It was a HP2100, and it was amazing. Yes, the new HP's are definitely not the same.

Problems:
1. Phantom Paper Jam issue, took months to resolve.
2. New problem with printing blank pages.

I would not buy this printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Printer, January 29, 2012
We've had the HP P3015dn printer for a little over a year now and have printed over 20,000 pages with no problems, not even a paper jam. It is exactly what we wanted; a fast, reliable, quiet duplexing B&W network printer for our busy home office that is inexpensive to operate (about 7,500 pages per toner cartridge so far). We have a home network of three Macs and one PC, and all print to it with no trouble. Occasionally there is a weird document (usually a TIFF filled with graphics) that it won't print until we convert the document, but that is the only issue we have seen.

I can only assume that driver/software issues are what plagued those writing negative reviews; we updated our driver immediately upon purchase and the performance has been excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best printer I have owned..., November 6, 2012
We put this printer through the ringer and it still works great. We pump out about 75 documents a day for five days a week, 51 weeks a year. I have had this printer for 15 months and never had jamming issues.

What we do is print receipts and adhesive shipping labels. Other printers we have used would cause some remnants of the adhesive to stick to the printer components and cause jams almost every day. But this one is a real trooper. We have never cleaned it and it still runs smoothly.

Its paper capacity is also good being at a full ream with the ability to add a second stage for two reams.

Out of the 12 laser printers I have purchased in the last 7 years, this one has been the best mid-level production printer.

UPDATE: Here it is a year after writing this review and over two years after purchasing the printer. It is still going strong with no troubles. We must have put over 50,000 sheets of paper through this thing and it keeps on ticking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer for the Price, February 25, 2014
David Perez (Fresno, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Purchased this P3015dn printer for a 4-person group workstation 3 years ago for $410 on Amazon. During the first month, someone yanked out a jammed piece of paper and broke one of the plastic internal parts. Quickly notified HP and they sent a repairman out immediately. No charge. It has been a trouper ever since. Three years without another incident. I would purchase this printer again without hesitation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awfull printer, June 27, 2012
William Lee Moore (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Same problem as the other reviewers. The infamous phantom paper jam. We have tried all sorts of different paper types etc. Really awful product.

Rate and Discover Movies