HP Color LaserJet 2840 All-in-One Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax (Q3950A#ABA)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Color prints, copies, scans, and faxes
- True 600 by 600 dpi with Image Ret 2400 text and graphics.
- Fast printing Performance, built-in Intellifont and TrueType scaling technologies, and advanced imaging capabilities are benefits of the PCL 6 printer language.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Versatile color laser all-in-one
- Communicate effectively. The power, precision, and extensive capabilities of HP's Color LaserJet print, fax, scan, copy, and direct digital photo printing solution allow more effective and efficient communication than ever before. Faxing, the 250-sheet paper input tray, and the photo memory card slots come standard with the HP Color LaserJet 2840 AIO.
- Maximize productivity. Featuring robust print and copy speeds of up to 20 pages per minute (ppm) letter black and up to 4 ppm color, the HP Color LaserJet 2840 AiO series lets your business produce professional documents with little time and effort.
- Consolidate and share. Built-in HP Jetdirect 10/100 Fast Ethernet wired networking lets your office workteam share all-in-one capabilities. For personal use or hosted sharing, connect directly via the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port.
Easily scan and capture documents and images
Scan to e-mail, application, desktop, or computer or network folder with ease. With the HP Color LaserJet 2840 AiO series, archiving, editing, and sending documents and images electronically is a fast, simple, and reliable way to capture paper-based documents in digital format, so you can better manage valuable information. Use the ADF or flatbed scanner to easily scan business material -- such as documents, manuals, and reports -- directly to your computer's e-mail application, software application, or to a folder on your computer or network drive for easy archiving.
With support for Compact Flash, xD, Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, MultiMedia Card, and SmartMedia photo memory cards, the HP Color LaserJet 2840 AiO simplifies image management. Print images directly from supported memory cards via the control panel or transfer images and files to or from memory cards to supported and connected computer or network drives for archiving, editing, sharing, or integration into business documents.
- Focus on business rather than waiting for output. Instant-on Technology saves time and energy, delivering your print job's first page in 18 seconds for black-and-white documents (29 seconds for color documents). Small jobs finish before most competitors' products have warmed up.
- Employ business-class faxing. HP innovation and Super G3 fax technology provides professional and efficient faxing at up to 33.6 kbps (approximately 3 seconds per page) and fax memory storage for up to 250 pages.
- Scan, send, and archive at high resolution. Integrate, store, or send brilliant images with up to 19,200 dpi enhanced scan resolution. Use the automatic document feeder (ADF) for unattended faxing, copying, and scanning of documents up to legal (8.5 by 14 inches) size, or use the flatbed scanner for bound and single sheet originals. Enjoy greater versatility with the ability to scan-to e-mail, scan-to PC desktop, scan-to PC folder, or scan-to network folder.
- Count on HP printing technology. A suite of image enhancement technologies is integrated into the all-in-one and its HP printing supplies: HP ImageREt 2400 ensures exceptional-quality color output, while HP Smart Printing Technology (using genuine HP supplies ensures availability of all HP printing features) monitors and makes automatic adjustments to cartridges to ensure consistent quality throughout cartridge life. Special fuser modes virtually eliminate print defects and provide optimal color printing on a variety of HP papers.
Easy to use
- Be assured of compatibility. Depend on industry-standard HP PCL 6 and HP postscript level 3 emulation to yield the most precise, reliable, and consistent results.
- Manage with confidence. Access device and supplies information from the control panel, featuring a 16-character, two-line back-lit display. And with one-handed removal and replacement for the five supplies, management is quick and effortless. HP Toolbox, the HP Embedded Web Server, and HP Web Jetadmin remote management software lets you adjust settings, receive alerts, check status, and manage network and memory card slot access settings. Photo memory card slot access settings are available via HP Toolbox and the HP Embedded Web Server only.
More for your money
- Simplify digital imaging. Capitalize on the convenience of integrated photo memory card slots featuring support for seven popular card types and formats. HP Image Zone for Windows offers tools to view, enhance, manage, and share digital photos and scanned images. Conveniently print digital photos directly from the control panel with the card slots.
- Invest in versatility. Get the multipurpose, easy-to-use HP Color LaserJet 2840 AiO series at an exceptional price. Reduce costs by printing strategic, high-quality color documents in-house. Increase efficiency by producing only what you need, when you need it.
- Conveniently make precise copies. Easily produce high-quality, color or black-and-white copies of bound documents, single sheets, or objects such as placards with the flatbed scanner. Use the ADF to quickly process multi-page documents.
- Handle a variety of business needs. Spend less time loading paper with an input capacity of up to 375 sheets. A 125-sheet multipurpose tray and a 250-sheet paper tray offer easy access to a variety of paper finishes, sizes, and types, including labels and envelopes, at weights of up to 47 lb (177 g/m2) and HP laser glossy and photo papers up to 70 lb (220 g/m2).
Powerful device management
Manage your networked All-in-One remotely with HP Toolbox, the HP Embedded Web Server, and HP Web Jetadmin software. Configure the device settings, photo memory card slot access, speed-dial buttons, and an authorized Network Administrator password to protect device network and memory card access settings. These tasks and others can be conveniently performed directly from any networked computer with a standard Web browser, saving time and effort.
HP Smart printing supplies advantage
HP papers and HP Color LaserJet print cartridges are designed to work together with HP printing devices, so you can depend on consistent, high-quality results. HP designs its print cartridges to continually adjust toner properties to ensure high-quality output over the life of the cartridge, which enables the precise printing needed for halftone images, smooth grayscales, and fine details. HP Smart printing technology is activated every time you put an HP print cartridge into your product, allowing you to monitor your current supplies, and conveniently order new supplies with HP SureSupply.
Award-winning HP support
HP offers a variety of support options to assist you in the setup and maintenance of the HP Color LaserJet 2840 All-in-One. HP's expert knowledge will help you make the most of your AiO and ensure your equipment is running at peak efficiency. Start with a one-year, limited hardware, onsite HP warranty, backed by free telephone and Web support from the award-winning HP Customer Care (warranty and availability vary according to region). To further guarantee trouble-free operation and maximize the potential of your HP Color LaserJet AiO, consider upgrading service and support options such as installation, network installation, advanced maintenance, and post-warranty support.
What's in the Box
HP Color LaserJet 2840 All-in-One, control-panel faceplate, fax telecom cable, one HP Imaging drum, one HP up to 5000-page black print cartridge, one each HP up to 4000-page cyan, magenta, and yellow print cartridge, power cord, Getting Started Guide and support flyer, CDs containing the device software, electronic User Guide, and Read Iris Pro Text Recognition software, automatic document feeder (ADF) input tray, 250-sheet input tray.
Top Customer Reviews
I have worked in IT for 20 years and have come to love the quality and durability of HP printers, but when they try to make software for a more complex product such as this multifunction printer they miserably fail, as they have many times before with software and to a lesser extent drivers.
I have had the printer for nearly a year and had to try and set it up several times, it still don't work fully despite various driver and software upgrades and patches.
My impressions listed:
Quality of printing and copying once you get the unit to go is good, but you can't get the scanner to go and software installation is a nightmare:
1. It takes about an hour to install the software off the CD;
2. The full set of software is a close to 500 meg download (if you want to download an update), it is bloated but I don't know with what (it certainly does not function like a 500 meg piece of software);
3. Various items are installed including a so-called HP Toolbox which is designed in a strange way and which pops up at various times triggered by unknown events;
4. The scanner cannot be setup (I've never succeeded, despite downloading the "scanner fix" patch off the website and trying a number of times), so the printer functions as printer, copier, fax and data card reader but not as a scanner;
5. The software installation requires one or two reboots depending on choices; under Windows XP, this should not be required and is a nuisance after all the time taken to setup;
6.Read more ›
But the software, it's just awful. There's no excuse for it. I have 35 computers hooked up to this computer, and there are about a half dozen on which the printer is completely unusable because one of the monitoring packages decides to randomly gobble up 100% of the CPU (why do all 35 computers run monitoring software for a networked printer, no idea).
And the installer, what the heck are they thinking? This is a networked printer, I have 35 installations... some went smooth, those only took 15 minutes with 1 restart. Some took over an hour because the installer would hang in the middle of the process (and there's no good way to kill it) and had to be restarted... the record was 7 installs before it actually installed the printer. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to just click "add printer" and add the printing components of this printer, they went overboard on the installer and failed miserably.
Addressing negatives mentioned in other reviews:
Noise. Yes, it is noisier than a standard single-toner laser printer, but it is only as noisy as a bad ink-jet. I sit next to it and have no problems when my wife prints to it.
Network Driver Installation. This was just horrific. I am an IT Professional of 15-years and this is the worst HP driver setup I have ever come across. It took me multiple attempts to install the drivers on each machine because the software installer failed multiple times. It picked-up where it left off, but come on! Configuring the IP address was NON-intuitive. You think you can change the IP during the install, but you can't. You must use the random, auto-assigned IP during the installation and then use the web UI to change it (be sure to write it down during the install, because you can't find the web-based configuration screen without it!).
There was a wonderful video of how to physically set up the device, but the user was left entirely alone on the driver installation. The software is complete crud and HP should be ashamed.
Total installation time (box opening to printing test page): 2 hours
Now that the device is set up, I love it and would buy it again. You can't beat the quality and performance for the price.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For three years I worked with this product as tech support until our jobs we sent overseas. The biggest complaint we would get was with the software, as I have also noticed with... Read morePublished 28 days ago by Amazon Customer
Invested my annual savings to this machine and I'm really surprised that I was able to earn twice as much as my investment! great machine! very usefulPublished 6 months ago by David Derossett
I've owned this printer since 2007. It would be unfair to say it is the worst printer ever made. It would be quite accurate to say it is the worst all in one machine ever made. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Andrew Little
Wonderful Product.. Great Price.. Got shipment Early and it was even on a on a pallet. Open it up and everything was included. Even had test pages matching printer ID....Published 18 months ago by Rapid Refill Ink
I didn't have the same installation problems others seemed to have, but the printer kept rejecting cartridges and it took a while to figure out why. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Steve O
I love the printer but you will spend months trying to get the drivers to make it work the way it really should. Read morePublished 23 months ago by eric k wilson
Great printer, had one before and loved it, thats why I chose it again. I am very satisfied with this machine.Published on November 8, 2013 by ONeill womens hoodie
I purchased this HP 2840 for use as a small network printer, it has been the worst printer we have had to date. Read morePublished on September 18, 2013 by Mark