Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP Laserjet Ent 600 M602N Printer
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Price:$1,838.87+ $54.64 shipping

on November 9, 2013
The "duplex" on this unit is not automatic.

The place where finished documents go (output tray) is deep...if you don't look well, you may think it didn't print (this is in a common area, a shared printer). People complain it didn't print, I show them the pile right where it should be.

HP laserprinters are bulletproof. I've been buying/installing printers for a large university for 25 years and have seen a lot of printers come and go...QMS, Apple, Next, Printronix, Epson, Brother, Panasonic, Xerox, Canon, Lexmark...have continuously recommended HP printers over other brands for several reasons:

Let's face it, they just work when you hook a new one up to almost anything.

There's never a problem finding drivers for almost any OS.

The network functions just work, no matter what network we use (small LANs to massively crowded public networks).

Supplies tend to be reasonably priced, and generic aftermarket supplies are usually available (for those who choose that path).

Did I say they "just work"?

Best of all...when they finally die, you know it's time for a new one....because technology has changed during the years you own it!
on May 23, 2012
Just bought this to upgrade from an old HP4100N and my first impression is WOW it's fast.
The setup was a quick easy breeze. Plug it in to the network plug in the power and it's up and running with the IP on the little display so you can see where and that it is connected.
The drivers found it on the network no problem was up and running with it in under 10 min. This is a clear case of you get what you pay for. And did I mention it is FAST.
on March 18, 2014
Our old workhorse printer we use for our accounting office finally was ready to give up the ghost. After 10 years we were seeing black residue on white fields - a tune up to replace rollers and such would most likely have fixed things, but the old printer was so slow we decided now was a good time to upgrade.

This printer is BIGGER than the photo makes it look so review the dimensions.

Our accountant used to put a number of documents in the print que and walk away from the office to take a break while the printer warmed up and thought for a while before pushing out a piece of paper every so often.

No more breaks for the accountant. Prints a page a second with almost no hesitation at the beginning. Shoots paper into the tray like it is angry.

Has enough space in the paper tray for a full ream of paper, and has enough room in the finished printing tray for the same ream.

Only con - would have bought the one with a legal tray as well had I been thinking correctly, but we don't need to print legal often enough to make that too big an inconvenience.

Overall, this is a winner.
on March 14, 2012
We added a 1500 page feeder. It was easy to setup and the unit just sits on top or the additional paper feeder. It is not quiet but also not noisy (unless you happen to be sitting right next to it). First page comes out quickly and print speed is fast, close to our xerox printer rated at about the same speed. Only had it a week so don't know about reliability. We plan on using refurbished high capacity cartridges and the cost per page for toner will be about $0.066 which again compares to the Xerox copier/printer. We got this because the Xerox has not been reliable. Has it's own drivers on the HP web site. Using the 32bit and 64bit Win 7 drivers without a problem.
on September 20, 2014
HP changed their policy so that they refuse to provide warranty service if one purchases non-HP toner cartridges. In week 2, using the original cartridge that came with this printer, it started making an awful grinding noise. The warranty tech arrived and didn't have the parts to fix it, but the grinding went away for a week or so and came back. For the past 3 months I've been complaining to HP to come and fix this piece of garbage and they refuse because we started using refurbished cartridges to save money on consumables. Apparently Xerox is also voiding warranties when their customers try to save money on toner. i'm upset because I've used HP laser printers for years, and now their service is non-existant.
on October 9, 2014
The basic hardware design of this printer is solid. Our office has an older p4015, that from what I can tell is pretty much the same hardware as this thing, for 5+ years that has been put through hell and back and still survives.

We have had some issues with this one though. First unit we received had an unrecoverable fuser error within three days of use. RMA'd through Amazon and was replaced with a new unit free of charge. New unit has been mostly fine for several months now, except for the notes below.

We've run about 15,000 pages or so through this thing, and have seen a few issues. For some reason they decided to use Windows Embedded to run this printer. It takes forever to boot from cold off, say Minute 30+ - Compare to our p4015 that is ready from cold in about 20-30 seconds. I've also seen a few little bugs in the firmware here and there - Claiming to be Ready to Print, but actually out of paper and refusing jobs until a cold reboot, for example. It will also sit in sleep mode with the data light blinking randomly (normally only on when receiving a job). I has also frozen a couple times requiring a power-pull reboot. It's also been claiming to be "Low" on toner for the last 4k pages or so. I'm considering a firmware upgrade to see if these resolve.

Overall a good high-speed laser, but you may have a few little issues. Your mileage may vary.
on May 14, 2013
I have now purchased 9 of these printers and will buy several more this year. I have been renting HP printers for Conventions and Meetings for 20 years and the M602 is the greatest printer HP has put out on the market. In addition, the M602 is very quiet, which is unusual for high speed printers. They usually sound liek a jet taking off on the runway but not the M602, very quiet. I would STRONGLY recommend this printer to anyone as the buy of the year.
on March 14, 2014
This 60-pound printer arrived in good condition and was easy to unpack. Documentation shipped with the printer does not include a printed instruction manual. I had to call customer support -- and wait on hold for 30 minutes -- to have the manual sent as an email attachment. The CD shipped with the printer includes print drivers and about a long list of PDF files which, taken together, constitute a manual for this printer. This printer is designed for installation on a network but there are no printed instructions that explain the procedure. Here's how to install the printer on an MS network: Plug the printer into an electrical connection. Attach a network cable to the cable port on the back of the printer. Turn the printer on. In a minute or two the printer control panel with show an IP address assigned by the network. Write down that address. Then insert the installation CD in the CD drive of any computer on the network. Follow instructions on your computer screen to install print drivers to the network. When installation is done, click the Windows icon on your computer. Click Devices and Printers. Click to add a network printer. If the network doesn’t list your new HP LaserJet as an option, click "Find the printer by TCP/IP address". Enter the IP address that was displayed in the printer control panel. Click to share this printer. Make this printer your default, if you want. Then print a test page. The HP 600 Laserjet should now be on your list of available printers. The M602N is not a duplex printer. To make printing on both sides of each sheet an option, get the M602DN. The M602 bottom paper tray holds 500 sheets. Use the top tray to print envelopes.
on December 10, 2014
I work in IT at a fairly large hospital, so I tend to look at hardware from a maintenance perspective more than anything. The majority of my facility's printing needs are still provided by the venerable HP 4250 from about 12 years ago, and most of them are still working great. We have started slowly phasing them out with the M602, and from what I've seen from a year or so of use from a growing number of these printers they appear to be cut from the same cloth in terms of reliability. I think I've only ever worked on this model twice, and in a hospital environment they are subjected to very hard use (including being kicked around quite a bit when placed under the desk at a nurse station).

To put it simply, I like HP enterprise printers for three reasons:
1) they almost never break.
2) if they do break, they are easy to take apart and fix.
3) users like them (see point #1).

They are also MUCH easier to work on than our Xeroxes.

Of course with decade-old shoes to fill these printers still have a tall task ahead of them to live up to their predecessors, but things are looking good so far.
on April 8, 2015
We've got one at work to replace an aged HP 4250 -- had it about a year now and it never performed as well as the 4250, however, now it randomly refuses to print and crash the application. I've not been able to trace the problem, as it will do it with any application, any time, and apparently completely randomly. Once it crashes, it's done for the day -- can't get it to do anything. It's got something to do with the spooling/jobs part of things, but don't know why, as it will work one time and not the next.