5.0 out of 5 stars What a Mouse!!
Published on April 3, 2012 by The Santiam Bookseller

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Jurkie' across the screen.
Published 11 months ago by Harry

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Mouse!!, April 3, 2012
This review is from: HP Link-5 Wireless Comfort Mouse (Graystone) (Personal Computers)
I had previously tried a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard system and after two months put it back in the box where it remains to this day. (It had a connection device on the desk top (for more clutter) and I had to grapple with reconnections all the time.) What sold me about this unit is the Link 5 connectivity, which would keep connection gadgets off my desk, free up USB ports plus allow me to replace my marginally functional wired keyboard with a wireless one and no additional USB ports or connectivity gadgets--plus a more stable performance platform.

So when the mouse came in the mail I girded up my loins to begin the installation process figuring there would be a call to India somewhere in my future. I was astounded when this mouse practically installed itself! I've never had anything easier to install. The mouse feels good, flows smoothly and the scroll is a dream. It fits well in my rather arthritic hand. I am very well satisfied with this purchase. I can't wait for the keyboard to arrive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Close enough to perfect, March 9, 2013
A Taxpayer "Jerry" (Whidbey Island, WA USA) - See all my reviews
One of the annoying things about buying a mouse online is that you rarely know or can find out what the size of a mouse will be before you buy it. You read reviews, buy, and hope for the best. Buying this mouse was no different. So I will tell you. It is 4.5" X 2-3/4" measured along the bottom, and about 5 1/2" across the top from front to back. It is easily the most comfortable mouse on first use I have ever owned in my 25+ years of mousing. My wrist rests on my desk and my fingers rest on the front ridge of the clickers and the mouse rests smoothly and comfortably under my right palm. My right hand is about average for a male: 7-1/2" from wrist to center finger tip. .

This no gaming mouse, just a right & left clicker. Nor does it come with software features: actually it comes with no software or batteries. Plug in the small receiver, press a button and it works immediately. The clicks are audible, certain, and a bit firm. A joy to use in my everyday at home work

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse., February 22, 2012
Let me start off saying wireless isnt as scary as you may think.I thought id be running through batteries like crazy, I was mistaken.

There is no way you can get the 12 month battery life it states, but using my mouse for hours everyday, two AA batteries last me well over 2 months.

I ended up buying a second mouse because my first 4 months with one made me fall in love.

Very responsive, good for gaming, slides well on my RAZER mouse pad.

And yes it is comfortable in my large hands.

I would recommend and purchase this product again.

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Jurkie' across the screen., January 14, 2014
Harry (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
Edit 1-25-14: This mouse is 'jurkie.' It moves across the screen in an intermittent manor when the computer is busy. Occasionally it will stop for a second or two. A few times, when the computer is heavily busy, it has stopped for five seconds or more. Also, there is no resistance to the scroll wheel at all. You so much as touch it, so lightly that you can't even feel you are touching it, it will scroll the screen. I'm returning the mouse.

I like that this mouse is wireless and I can just plug the little receiver into a USB port on my tower under the desk. No wire to bother me on my messy desk. I don't need any multi-button mouse and this one has enough. Left, right, and a push button scroll wheel.

This mouse is somewhat comfortable, but I prefer the standard size and shape of the mouse when first made years ago. I'm not sure what it is, too long, too high, or the front of the mouse too wide, but it's comfort is just a little off.

Also, the scroll wheel turns sooo easily that I accidentally scroll the page when I don't want to. That is an annoyance.

While I would recommend the standard size mouse first, this isn't a bad choice. Especially if you find the standard mouse to feel a little small under your hand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Random Issues with Link-5 HP W/L mouse?, April 9, 2013
I was hopeful when I saw this mouse got better reviews than the other Optical Comfort Mouse by HP. But I have random issues with this one, as described by other owners of the non-Link-5 variety. I can't tell if it relates to what programs are running in Ram memory or if it relates to other USB connections or the phase of the moon. Sometimes it runs smooth and effortless, then it will get all jumpy and crazy, or the scrolling takes off on its own. Then I have to reboot my system and hope the issues calm down. That fix works, but not 100%; so I don't know what the deal is. It is not a battery issue.

3.0 out of 5 stars Largest mouse I could find, April 7, 2013
Nice mouse, works well. Has an on-off switch on the bottom to conserve batteries. The only problem is that the wheel is loose as a goose. On most mice the wheel has definite stops you can feel and that holds the wheel at the setting you select. This mouse has no stops in fact the wheel spins freely if you give it a flick. It is very easy to move the wheel just by setting the mouse down or picking it up. And I have 2 of these so I know it's not a fluke. They both have the same loose wheel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Mouse, For Best Price! :D, June 25, 2013
I just got this Mouse for a Week and Its Pretty Neat and Awesome,
Smooth, Comfy, its Really Good Mouse, I only had 1 problem with it,
the USB thing didn't work, i added an USB Extention (Not sure if I spelled that Correctly)
and it worked!
I have No Problems With the Mouse afterwards, its Running Smoothly,
if You would like more info on this Mouse just send me a PM here: www.youtube.com/Emmanuell83
I will Gladly Make a Video of any of your needs for this Product.

and
God Bless :)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great larger wireless mouse...works perfectly!, March 24, 2013
This is a great larger size wireless mouse good for desktop or laptop. The USB plug in is small and fits inside mouse cover to prevent loss. Overall this mouse is well worth the money 5 stars from me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glides, November 20, 2012
This is a beautiful mouse, sturdy and sleek. It has a little weight to it which I like. The sides are silky soft and it glides. Only thing I don't like is there is no back button. Otherwise, I would have given it a 5.

2.0 out of 5 stars not what I was hoping for, October 18, 2013
Michael D. Hinton (Miami Shores, FL United States) - See all my reviews
To me, the point of wireless is to reduce clutter and move my desktop where I want it in relation to my pc.
This mouse needs to be really close to the pc. (like 24 inches) if not it becomes unresponsive. I was hoping for at least 36-48 inches.

HP Link-5 Wireless Comfort Mouse (Graystone)
Used & New from: $19.99