Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now HTL

on August 12, 2012
I was skeptical before I bought this but it actually does give you over 8 hours of juice! The issue is, however, you have to change your battery setting to "POWER SAVER". On "HP Recommended" setting, it should give you 3-4 hours....MAYBE 5-6 hours IF YOU'RE LUCKY!!! Great battery...and worth the money. Hopefully this battery lasts like this for a long time. Remember if you're going to leave your computer plugged in just take out the's bad to overcharge your batteries. If you're not going to use your battery...take it out but keep it at 30-50% charged and store it somewhere cool. This will help prolong the life of your battery.

Also, when you get your new battery...charge it up to 100% (the battery indicator button on the bottom of this HP MU09 battery will let you know when it's full)....then turn on the computer.

ONE LAST THING: Be careful who you buy this from on Amazon...sometimes sellers are actually selling you non-genuine HP batteries...make sure the seller indicates that it's a GENUINE HP BATTERY.
on February 8, 2012
Okay, so I bought an open box laptop from bestbuy without ac adapter and battery. Researched batteries for a week and settled on this guy. Follow the proper charging process for it full charge once it arrived (8+ hrs) and then drain it once a month; meaning work on it full time until 5 or 10% is left then turn off laptop, and charge for 6 to 8 hours. My battery is lasting 5 to 9 hours by doing this. Had it four months now and not an issue at all. Additionally, the design of the battery elevates the laptop off the table to give a good angle for typing and air flow circulation.

definitely get it!!!
on June 8, 2014
I ordered this HP MU09 from this seller because they posted the OEM picture of the original product with the battery meter on the side. (The meter is the four little lights on the bumpy side of the battery with a push button which allows the user to check if the battery is still good or need to be replaced.) When the push button is pressed, all four lights should turn green for a battery to be considered new. This fact does not for certain guaranty that when your Laptop is running on the full charge, you will get the 6 to 8 hours run without wall power because batteries loses capacity for being stored for a long time.
After receiving my battery from this seller (WICOO E-Mall) i noticed that the battery was different from what they have posted on Amazon for sale. The battery looks similar to the OEM posted but doesn't have the four lights with the push button to check the capacity. After inserting the battery on my laptop ( HP DV 7 Quad edition) there was a little gap on the side where the pins are located letting me believed that the lip was little short. Knowing all this facts, i wanted to keep the battery. I gave a full charge and checked the battery sign on my task bar which shows the user how long one can run their laptop without refueling. To my surprise, a full charge on the battery they sent me was 2 hours and 13 mns power life. A new and fresh battery of this kind last about 5 to 8 hours on the single charge.
When i contacted "WICOO E-Mall" to address my concerns with a replacement, someone responded to my inquiry by saying this, " hello, if you do not need the battery, pls kindly return it to the following address:....when you posted it, pls give us the tracking no. of the parcel and when we have received the parcel, we will refund the payment to you..."
Here is the bad news; you would have to pay for the return shipping fees. I will not recommend buying from “WiCOO E-Mall” because they are selling Chinese copy of the HP MU09 Long Life Batteries unless you had a pleasant experience with them. The battery i received cannot be covered by any warranty from HP because this product is not genuine HP Long Life Notebook Battery MU09.
on November 10, 2014
Buyer beware, this is not an HP battery. It certainly looks like an HP MU09 battery, but it is not HP brand. There is no brand marking on this item, the only indication of any brand "origin" is the cell was made in Korea. It looks very similar to my actual HP MU09 battery that I had bought the battery in question to replace, but the battery does not even fit into the laptop. Maybe it will fit some laptops that use an HP MU09 battery, but good luck to you. I'd save yourself the trouble and find one that is actually HP. Returning item. See attached photo, my current real HP battery is on the bottom, the impostor battery is on the top.
review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2011
So far every thing is fine. The battery is shaped in a way that my laptop "lays"
at a convenient angle providing better ventilation and easier typing.
The purchase price through Amazon was notably less than buying from HP.
on January 7, 2012
I travel a lot with my laptop. The standard battery is suitable in most cases, but in the times between power outlets to recharge, this battery is indespensible. It has about 2X the time of the standard battery. It's raised profile also makes the keyboard angle up at a nice angle. Thus, I keep it in the laptop at home on the desk. Only drawback is the weight, but then you can't cheat physics. Bigger battery, heavier battery, but longer life. Who knew?
on November 9, 2012
This is a Great battery for half the price of the HP site. I am amazed by its price and performance.

1. Excellent 6.5 hours of battery time
2. Original HP battery
3. Great Price for around $50
4. elevates my laptop, which allows more airflow for my laptop
5. Fits securely and does not wiggle around.
6. Battery charge indicator in the back.
7. quick charging time.

on March 26, 2012
I was very disappointed when my original battery would no longer take a charge and I took awhile before ordering a new one. I finally decided on getting the 9 cell instead of the standard 6 cell. Right out of the box it is so much nicer than my last battery. Because it is a larger battery it props the keyboard up to a very convenient angle for typing and it really doesn't feel that much heavier than the smaller battery. Mostly I'm excited to be mobile again. I haven't tested to see how much longer this one lasts than the first one, but if it can make more than 3 hours it will be a considerable improvement.
on October 1, 2014
Not sure if my unit came defective or what, but I bought it for the HP Pavilion dv7, it did not fit. The ruber leg things to hold it in place fell off like they wore not even glued there and when I finally shoved it in there the battery would not charge. It almost looked like the dents on it weren’t compatible with the laptop, amazon did give me a refund though, because Amazon is the most customer friendly company I have ever seen they will never lose my business, this product though…I’m not trying it a second time.
on September 11, 2012
Ordered this battery for my son's HP laptop before he left for college because the battery that came with the laptop only stayed charged for 2 hours. I received no satisfaction from HP when I called them to report the problem, so I figured I'd bite the bullet and spend the $104.00 and order the battery. My son reports the battery life is 9 hours after charging. So all is well. It was worth the investment. Everyone is happy. And by the way, he's doing great at N.C. State University.