Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews (4 star)show all reviews
on October 31, 2009
Verified Purchase
I've only had my Mini for one day so far, but have found it to be one slick machine. We bought it to take with us on trips to keep up to date on emails and follow the market, etc. It is going to be perfect for that. For heavy use I will still use my desk top. Battery pack is not a problem. Don't let that keep you from buying one. The Mini does take a while to set up. The directions could be a little more clear and the operating system required extensive updating but that is covered in the instruction booklet and not a big problem...just takes some time.
I could have waited for the 7 to come out, but at this price and since this is the system I have been using for years, why wait. Somebody said it was heavy...I don't think less than 3 lbs should be a problem for most people. After some practice I now no longer reach for the mouse and am getting used to the slightly smaller key board and the mouse pad. It just takes a little practice. Overall the coumpeter is well made, very solid, keyboard has a nice touch, in general a well made machine. Not like some of those I looked at while shopping at the local computer mega-store. So, so far so good. Hope I feel the same after 6 months.
on June 14, 2010
This netbook (mine's model 110-1134cl) did exactly what I wanted and expected. The keyboard was a relatively quick fit for me and hardly took any adjustment on my part. Plenty of hard drive space for the computer's intention: web browsing, word processing, music, and even a little video playback during air travel. On a related note, the battery life with my six-cell is stellar.

Why it isn't a five-star product:
- Windows 7 Starter. I know it isn't the only option, and it functions quite well for basic computer needs. Customization and networking options are dismal. Prepare to downgrade to XP or load a Linux distro if Starter doesn't meet your needs.
- The front power & WiFi switches. They feel a little flimsy and I feel like they need to be handled more delicately than I'd like.
- The mousepad. I won't say I hate the left/right buttons literally being on the left and right sides of the trackpad, but I surely don't enjoy it. You get used to it. In my case, I have a hard time adjusting back and forth between my MacBook and the HP.

My older model was $240, and for the price, I couldn't have asked for more... except the points above. Solid product.
on December 12, 2009
Verified Purchase
To those who have purchased this item, what do you have to pay monthly to the service provider for the broadband "go anyway" service (WWAN)? Any drawbacks? Is international use possible?

Many thanks!