Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 26, 2012
I am very confused with all the recent 1 star reviews of this netbook. I bought this a couple weeks ago, and so far i love it. I recently went on vacation and brought this with me just to get used to it as i plan to use this on campus when i need my own computer for college.

1. The stock ram amount is not enough, plan to upgrade before you even try to use it. I knew this before i bought it and bought a 2GB stick for 10$ on amazon. I replaced it in under a minute before i even booted it up. I can run chrome, steam and office no problem now.

2. People saying the processor is slow? No.... You must being using this wrong, because mine has no problem doing internet. yet you say yours is slow on internet? You sure its not just slow wifi? lol

3. I can run Grand Theft Auto San Andreas on this on low or medium setting with basically no lag. This thing is a tiny little netbook and you can run GTA SA on it. Saying its slow is no argument for not knowing how to use a computer...

I always have Coretemp running (usually in 50's [Degrees C]) to tell me how hot its getting and CPU meter to tell me how the CPU and Ram are doing. Never any problems with what i do on it and ive tried more than the average netbook user im betting. lol

Basically i am very happy with my purchase, once again HP has out done themselves....

Also the Space key doesn't always work, which is kinda true. But you need to hit it in the middle, and if you do that it works every time. The corners dont cut it on this tiny keyboard lol.
33 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2012
It's the size of an iPad, but thicker because of the keyboard. I use it with a Verizon mini hotspot that's about the size of a credit card. Battery life for the MiFi is so-so, so I keep it plugged in at home. Battery life on the Mini is acceptable being about 4-6 hours. I have a spare battery and swap them out, but not often. The Mini 110 keyboard is totally usable, even though I'm not a fan of touchpads. Everything works. Screen resolution is not Mac Retina, but it's totally acceptable. The problem I have with a lot of reviews is the reviewer seems to think that if the device is not bleeding-edge, state-of-the-art then it's useless. Nothing could be further from the truth here. No, it's not off the chart in any one area, but it does very, very well across the board. I use it when I travel. I use it when I feel like sitting on the porch instead of in my office. I use it when the power goes out and I can't use my desktop. I went through a storm a while back, no power for three days, charged the beast via my car adaptor. And I found a nifty case to boot. It's perfect for the Mini and even has a pocket for the MiFi. Bottom line: If you're into media and games, get an iPad, but if you actually use your computer to be productive and you need portability, well, this is your baby. Small, functional, dependable, just plain handy.
on August 17, 2012
Delivery was prompt, well packaged,no damage whatsoever. The netbook was simple to set up & is working great. I'm very pleased with the graphics, quality of the hardware, software & overall appearance.
HP Mini 110-4250NR 10.1-Inch Netbook (Black)
on October 23, 2012
If you have any problems with this computer, you can call a 1-800 number and a technician will spend as long as it takes to solve your problems. He went way above and beyond to ensure I knew how to use my computer and fix it should it start running slowly again. I cannot say enough about their excellent customer service (for free!).
on September 19, 2012
Problems - faulty power cord, warranteed with an annoying call to customer service outsourced to Asia. Battery randomly failed after the warranty expired, so I bought a new one.

Battery duration between charges is long - big plus. It's long because this thing is low powered. I got mine with Windows 7 Starter, which is lame. Starter is stupid, plus takes more power and memory to run. I downgraded, with a spare copy of HP OEM, to Windows XP. I also installed the RAM upgrade.

Connecting this thing to your tv as a Netflix player is lame. It will watch some streaming movie formats okay on the little screen without stuttering, but when transferring to a big screen through the vga cable, it just stutters annoyingly. It just won't push that kind of work.

It does run the internet and Microsoft Word just fine. I needed it for writing grad school papers and proofing pdf scans. Now I mostly use it to surf the net in my recliner. For the price and the level of computer, it works fine for some applications, but don't expect the world from it.
on March 28, 2013
This product should not be sold with 1 gig of RAM. It just won't run properly with it. The max upgrade is 2 gigs. You can buy it through HP's recommended third party Crucial for less then $30. Easy to install.
on November 20, 2012
Got laptop quickly it was just what we ordered. My husband needed the small laptop and did not want the newer version of windows.
on November 26, 2013
I bought this Mini as a travelling computer. Here's what I found after two trips:
1 - Size is great for a briefcase or purse
2 - screen is satisfactory in size
3 - keyboard is quite cumbersome and not "friendly" to the touch
4 - speed is horrible! Yes, horrible...either WiFi or plug-in

I see why they took this off the market...it's definitely not worth the purchase...I'm selling on Craig's List ASAP.
on January 25, 2013
We needed this quick and they were available, we are really happy with these! They looked exactly as described, no issues.
on November 21, 2012
Small, portable, runs everything I want it to - long battery life means no more searching for an outlet when I'm out and about - some minor issues, mainly with the stupid User Account Control, but got around those.