Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on August 3, 2011
I did my homework for months, looking for a projector that I could use for my Power Point presentations at work so I wouldn't have to keep borrowing from our IT department. I didn't want to have to spend $$1,000s on one either. Some of the really good ones can be quite costly. At the same time, I didn't want one that couldn't provide an adequate, sharp picture. I also wanted it for home use to show movies at home or do movie-maker picture presentations for family gatherings. Not only was this projector priced reasonably (I bought mine refurbished for under $300!) but it is so simple to operate and the picture is just great!!! I set it up on a table 6ft away from the wall and get sharp, clear resolution with a screen size of about 5x3 ft. It is light and compact and I carry it around with ease compared with the cumbersome units I used to have to check out. I only hope that I get lots of use from it before the lamp wears out. Only time will tell. I hear that a lamp is costly to replace and that they only have a certain number of life hours before they burn out. So far, I am VERY happy with my projector. It has exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend it.
33 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2011
I wanted a compact projector that could be used on roadshow presentations and not require a separate piece of luggage to carry it around so took a chance on this. It is terrific and I could not be more pleased. The one and only drawback is the lumen strength; it does require a fairly darkened room or a smaller screen as the resolution deteriorates the bigger the picture gets but the point of this machine is not to present to 500 people at a convention but a small group on 6' x 6' screen and for that, it works perfectly esepcially at less than $500.
on November 14, 2011
I have used this little projector for more than a year and I love it. It is soooooo portable. I don't leave home without it. It is bright enough to use in most situations. The picture is extremely clear. It weighs almost nothing, and the fact that it has an LED bulb means that you don't have to worry about a long cool off period before you move it an pack it away to travel. It doesn't get too hot. It is small, with big results. I have used it in a large classroom from much more than the 8 foot distance mentioned, and had a large clear picture. it is great for movies or presentations. We take it camping and show movies on the side of the motorhome. Put this product with a mini speaker and a netbook, and you have an entire office in a lunch box sized case. A wonderful product!
on March 27, 2012
I was looking for a business projector to use in small rooms for 2-6 people. I researched a number of pico projectors, but they all require the room to be dark. In an office with auotmatic lighting, it's not always possible to darken the room, nor is it always appropriate if people want to take notes. I chose the HP because - by all reports - it would give a small but bright image in normal lighting.

This is in fact true! It is not as bright as a full-size projector, but it is well bright enough for a clear 30" image, and crisp enough to read 10pt fonts from 3m (10') away.

Likes:
- Small and light
- Bright enough for professional presentations in a lit office
- LED long life light source

Dislikes:
- The power brick big for such a small device. This limits portability, although HP counter that it is compatible with HP laptop bricks, so leave it behind and use your laptop brick while running your laptop off battery.
- Fixed maximum resolution of 1024*768. Some projectors will scale to highter resolutions even though they don't have the pixels at the cost of a bit of fuzziness. This one doesn't.

Verdict:
It's great. It is not comparable with a full-size projector, but it is not supposed to be. If your needs match the advertising copy of the projector, you will not be disappointed.
on April 12, 2011
The projector is awesome for power point and work presentations. We're a small school and didn't need to spend in excess for a major piece of equipment.
on December 27, 2011
The projector worked fine - I really like it and recommend it. However, be sure you have something to put it on - the mounting easel is terrible. Had to eventually stand it on a pile of books which meant some people had to move to the sides.
on March 3, 2012
I bought this projector for my laptop as I do many PowerPoint presentations. I looked to other reviews as to the quality of the product. All were 4 or 5 stars. I bought it and gave it a try. It is lightweight and compact, the presentation was clear and for a non tech person like myself, it was very simple to use. I am in love with my new little projector, case, and the tripod. Thank you HP for inventing something that everyone can use and thank you, Amazon seller, for making this product available to consumers.
on May 23, 2012
Just purchased the HP AX325AA Notebook Portable LED Projector Companion to replace my old mini-projector to use for presentations. I liked my old projector, but I love this one! The clarity and ease of connectivity is fantastic. One of the previous reviews stated that one drawback was the tripod. I agree with that statement, as the weight of of power supply cord and the cable to hook the projector to the laptop does cause some instability of the the included tripod. I have a full size tripod, so this really isn't an issue. I haven't tried the projector in a big room, but I played a PPT on the wall with a 6' x 4' display and the text was clear and crisp. On top of the excellent quality of this projector, the cost was a great value.
on May 25, 2012
I bought this for work prsentations. It is very small and lightweight, but does need the ambient light to be limited for a good picture. I have heard some say that these LED units are equivalent to 1700 lumens, but I don't think it's quite that high.
on July 26, 2012
I purchased this projector because I have been left in a lurch too often when giving a talk: no projector and a powerpoint presentation. Well, it is small and portable and it works. It's a "good enough" projector, gives a great sharp image, but it is difficult to see the image in a room with windows even with the venetian blinds closed and lights out. When it is in a truly darkened room, however, it is great. But, because it is so very small and light, I can easily carry it around "just in case" and this has saved two talks for me thus far. I recommend it as an easy back-up projector.