5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Home or Work! VERY Impressed!
Published on August 3, 2011 by Gina

3.0 out of 5 stars HP Notebook Projection Companion - Portable Projector
The projector worked fine - I really like it and recommend it. However, be sure you have something to put it on - the mounting easel is terrible. Had to eventually stand it on a pile of books which meant some people had to move to the sides.
Published on December 27, 2011 by Barbara Daniel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Home or Work! VERY Impressed!, August 3, 2011
Gina (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP AX325AA Notebook Portable LED Projector Companion with Expandable Tripod for PC Laptops (Office Product)
I did my homework for months, looking for a projector that I could use for my Power Point presentations at work so I wouldn't have to keep borrowing from our IT department. I didn't want to have to spend $$1,000s on one either. Some of the really good ones can be quite costly. At the same time, I didn't want one that couldn't provide an adequate, sharp picture. I also wanted it for home use to show movies at home or do movie-maker picture presentations for family gatherings. Not only was this projector priced reasonably (I bought mine refurbished for under $300!) but it is so simple to operate and the picture is just great!!! I set it up on a table 6ft away from the wall and get sharp, clear resolution with a screen size of about 5x3 ft. It is light and compact and I carry it around with ease compared with the cumbersome units I used to have to check out. I only hope that I get lots of use from it before the lamp wears out. Only time will tell. I hear that a lamp is costly to replace and that they only have a certain number of life hours before they burn out. So far, I am VERY happy with my projector. It has exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great travelling companion!, November 25, 2011
I wanted a compact projector that could be used on roadshow presentations and not require a separate piece of luggage to carry it around so took a chance on this. It is terrific and I could not be more pleased. The one and only drawback is the lumen strength; it does require a fairly darkened room or a smaller screen as the resolution deteriorates the bigger the picture gets but the point of this machine is not to present to 500 people at a convention but a small group on 6' x 6' screen and for that, it works perfectly esepcially at less than $500.

5.0 out of 5 stars To see the big picture..., November 14, 2011
Thomas J. Redd "honda" (Salt Lake City, UT USA) - See all my reviews
I have used this little projector for more than a year and I love it. It is soooooo portable. I don't leave home without it. It is bright enough to use in most situations. The picture is extremely clear. It weighs almost nothing, and the fact that it has an LED bulb means that you don't have to worry about a long cool off period before you move it an pack it away to travel. It doesn't get too hot. It is small, with big results. I have used it in a large classroom from much more than the 8 foot distance mentioned, and had a large clear picture. it is great for movies or presentations. We take it camping and show movies on the side of the motorhome. Put this product with a mini speaker and a netbook, and you have an entire office in a lunch box sized case. A wonderful product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Projector, April 12, 2011
The projector is awesome for power point and work presentations. We're a small school and didn't need to spend in excess for a major piece of equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Micro Power House, March 27, 2012
I was looking for a business projector to use in small rooms for 2-6 people. I researched a number of pico projectors, but they all require the room to be dark. In an office with auotmatic lighting, it's not always possible to darken the room, nor is it always appropriate if people want to take notes. I chose the HP because - by all reports - it would give a small but bright image in normal lighting.

This is in fact true! It is not as bright as a full-size projector, but it is well bright enough for a clear 30" image, and crisp enough to read 10pt fonts from 3m (10') away.

Likes:
- Small and light
- Bright enough for professional presentations in a lit office
- LED long life light source

Dislikes:
- The power brick big for such a small device. This limits portability, although HP counter that it is compatible with HP laptop bricks, so leave it behind and use your laptop brick while running your laptop off battery.
- Fixed maximum resolution of 1024*768. Some projectors will scale to highter resolutions even though they don't have the pixels at the cost of a bit of fuzziness. This one doesn't.

Verdict:
It's great. It is not comparable with a full-size projector, but it is not supposed to be. If your needs match the advertising copy of the projector, you will not be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars HP Notebook Projection Companion - Portable Projector, December 27, 2011
Barbara Daniel (TALLAHASSEE, FL, US) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars HP Portable notebook projector., May 14, 2012
I ordered this projector for a drive-in night out event for our local car club. I set it up and projected it onto a light brown wall, as we didn't have any white walls available, and watched Gumball Rally. It was a great success!! It was a little dim, but we could still see all the detail of the movie. All in all,its a great little projector and I am very happy with the product.
Shaun

4.0 out of 5 stars proprietary video cable :(, September 14, 2012
The projector itself is great. I've used it two times for my club but then I lost the video cable and now can't find it anywhere...! Not even on the HP website. If someone could point me in the right direction or sell me their cable, I would really appreciate it!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice little projector, July 17, 2012
El Atlatl (South America) - See all my reviews
This is a small but powerful hand-size projector. I use it for my English class in the Ecuadorian campo. The focus is very precise but easily disturbed. I would like to have it set up so that the image can be either vertical or horizontal.
The power cord is the same as on my HP laptop (except the device end) and is heavy enough to drag the projector off the table and on to the floor. LED bulb replacement? UNKNOWN.

Despite my apparent negative comments, I really like this little gem and would recommend it to anyone who can accept its limitations. Oh, and the price-is-right.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, June 12, 2012
This product is better than a tv.
Portable, User Friendly, Great Quality, i like it very much and i used outdoors or indoors

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›