Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on August 1, 2011
I purchased this printer so multiple computers could print from our wireless network. This product is wired directly to our wireless router. After about a year, the document feeder stopped working. In order for the product to work, you must install the bloated HP Solution Center that comes with the printer. Unfortunately, about every 3 weeks the software says that "installation of your device is not complete" and requires you to run the installation software again.

The print quality and speed are acceptable, but the ink tanks don't last that long. Or at least so the printer would like you to believe. I haven't been keeping track of the numbers of pages, but I don't print much more than a page of directions every few weeks and I've run out of ink several times over the two years I've had the printer.

Bottom line: I would not recommend this printer to anyone.
on December 10, 2010
This printer is excellent, but a little on the noisy side. It prints sharp images, copies better than a huge office copier and it seems to use the ink sparingly. It warms up and shuts down almost immediately. I would highly recommend this all in one for ease of use, ease of set up and as a space saver. It is just slightly noisy when it's resetting, but so what? The machine itself more than makes up for the little bit of noise by being very efficent. The vendor packaged this machine perfectly and got it to me super quick! If you are looking for a great all in one and don't want to spend a fortune, then this is your printer and this is the vendor to purchase it from!
on November 21, 2011
I don't know how HP gets away with constantly selling junk printers. This is the fourth one I've owned (yes, you'd think I'd learn) and they've all been pure crap. I've tried all different kinds - hoping they'd get better - mainly because sales personnel keep telling me "this one is different". Ha. They all "think" forever before printing, they clunk and rumble and make enough noise to wake up the house, they jam (badly) about 50% of the time, they take up tons of memory and they eat ink like there's no tomorrow. Forget about pressing "x" to cancel - that just gives you 100 pages of wasted paper with one line on each page. Meg Whitman has her head totally in the sand. Zero stars
on May 30, 2010
After having bought 3 of these and returning one and getting the same issue, I am done with these printers. They print well and are easy to install. But I have had issues with LEDS in the scanner\copy going bad. All 3 of the ones that I have gotten within 2 weeks had lines on all copies and scans. HP was of no use at all, Amazon tried to remedy the problem and sent me another printer. Within a week, it too had the issue. DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM
on February 26, 2012
I was given this HP Officejet 6500 by my company and have been using it for 1.5 years. The print quality is nice but the printing process is very loud. In addition, it takes roughly 60 seconds to print waking up from sleep. Yes, that is 60 seconds of loud, noisy cranking while it calibrates. (I don't understand it; but I should attach a video clip to this review one of these days...)

I am writing this because the printer just woke up my kid, who was sleeping in the next room. I am comtemplateing giving this back to work and get a different printer myself.

I guess it's ok if you don't have kids or if your home is made of concrete.
on October 25, 2009
I had two problems in setting up this printer. The first is the installer refused to accept that I didn't want it to install the fax features. After a few attempts the software won and I let it do what it wanted with the fax features. The second problem was more serious. I couldn't get the scanner to work. I swapped usb cords, usb sockets, reinstalled the software but nothing would get it working. I finally went to the HP website and found a new completely new set of drivers for Mac Snow Leopard. Once I downloaded and installed the new software, the scanner function worked fine.
on December 15, 2009
I am surprised that so many people had trouble with setup. I had no trouble with setup on a PC running Windows XP.
The issue is that we have not gotten one good printed page yet. It skips lines for no apparent reason. We have cleaned the printing heads, aligned them, done all of the maintenance. Brand new, almost all of the color ink cartridges were empty or nearly so. We have spent ~$100 on new cartridges - I will revise this review after we get them. If it prints fine, then I will raise to 3-4 stars. It is very noisy - and takes a long time to print on the high quality setting. It sounds like it is making bread or something with all the different noises it makes. After it prints it continues this noisy process. For this reason it could never achieve 5 stars.

I already miss my Lexmark all-in-one.
on December 16, 2014
If there is one glaring problem with this printer it is not with the functionality per say but the incredible amount of noise it generates when you go to print and the amount of time before the blast of of annoying sounds comes to an end. My wife and I look at each other each time it goes to print and what you would see in our eyes is total disbelief at how much noise it makes and how long it goes on. Seriously this is no minor problem and I am surprised no one else has started out with this factoid. Our previous HP printers were devoid of this engineering enhancement. So if you store this printer in an area where it can not be heard and the delay added in your printing then look no further this printer is for you.
on November 11, 2014
The HP Officejet 6500 is the absolute WORST printer I have ever owned!

These are some of its main features:

* It takes 5-minutes to either boot up or shut down

* When setting up a new computer to use with it, it doesn't show up on the network

* When I send a document to the printer it takes 3-minutes to process the request

* It cancels each print job, then finally turns around and prints it anyway

* New ink cartridges last a few days, whether you use them or not

* There is a "low ink" warning message that is sent to my Mac computer that displays on the screen hundreds of times

I'm getting a new printer and throwing this one in the garbage!
on June 12, 2010
We have had the HP officejet printer for about 1 1/2 years, and now is does not work, due to a "ink system failure." After speaking with 2 HP technicians, it appears we will need to purchase a new printer. Not what I expected from HP. Other HP printers I have purchased have worked a lot longer than this.