5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth as silk, first time set up experience is exceptional
Over the course of the last 15-16 years, I have seen a *lot* of printers. It typically takes the geek in the family to setup a printer, be it a simple home printer - connected to a single computer; or a network printer.

From what I have seen while setting up the 6700 printer - it practically set itself up :) I installed the cartridges by looking at the on-board...
Published on April 19, 2012 by regulus

1.0 out of 5 stars HP 6700 (HP is a nightmare..period)

Purchased this product a week ago. Install was simple and easy and worked wireless and USB just fine. Scan worked very well--quite fast either wireless or USB...HOWEVER...

Published on May 31, 2012 by Buyer-user-report

1.0 out of 5 stars HP 6700 (HP is a nightmare..period), May 31, 2012
This review is from: HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (Office Product)

A day or so later the communication between print and computer through new HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax network would stop and require computer reboot to re-enable. Obviously this was unacceptable so I called HP to get resolved. To date I have been on phone with them for over 12 hours! During their first attempt to repair they suggested an uninstall of printer and then reinstall. This process created a DLL error which they could not explain. I checked web and many other have had same issue after un-install of HP software. I fixed the problem by running CCLEANER and Glary Utilities which cleaned up all the left over mess that HP leaves after un-install.

To make matter worse the process rendered my other all-in-on printer HP 56000 useless. I went from a dependable 5600 and a less than ideal 6700 to not being able to print at all on either. The case was escalated to an "Case Manager" who spent more time telling me what they would not do than he did offering solution. He said the problem with my 5600 would not be supported because it was out of warranty--even though it worked fine before the new 6700 uninstall issue. Unbelievable!!

Next an "expert tech" call was scheduled where resolution was expected. Would you believe that there system was unable to connect to my computer and then their e-mail system was not allowing outbound emails to be sent so tech could not send work around link to connect. A tech company that can't sent emails!

The tech went through another two hours of trying to make their software work and finally gave up and offered an upgraded model to be sent to me because he did not think the HP 6700 drivers would work--that there is an issue. His only other solutions was for me to reformat my hard drive and reinstall operating system and all program. Can you believe a software company can not fix there own software without having a user reformat computer and start from scratch. That is the most unreasonable suggestion I have ever heard!

To recap, the printer works, the software is a problem and the company should really consider learning what customer satisfaction means. It is no wonder they are considering "remaking themselves" and exiting the hardware space. They are failing in this area big time.

1.0 out of 5 stars COLOR INK HOG even when printing B/W, April 5, 2013
I regret buying this machine. This printer is expensive to operate because it uses color ink to print black and white even when black ink cartridge is full. It will not print black and white if a color cartridge is empty even though it has black ink. Manual says it will print slower if a color cartridge is empty, but it will not print at all. Research this printer carefully before you buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars designed to waste ink, October 17, 2013
I am writing this review to confirm what everyone else has said about this HP 6700 printer wasting ink. I bought it from office max instead of from amazon, but I am writing a review to tell you some things I discovered, when trying to find out why it wasted so much ink, that other people may not know. I bought it about a year ago and for the first six months almost never used it(printed about twenty copies in black and white). during this time it would go through periods were it never got used for a month at a time, but still went through cleanings about twice a week. IT was then that I realized that the cleanings were running my ink down even when I wasn't printing anything. At this time I didn't think much of it. After that I started college and began printing much more. The first time I tried to print anything it said it was out of ink so I went and got a whole pack of new ink ($50) which was almost half of what I paid for the printer itself. after installing each cartridge separately, doing a cleaning after each install, and after about twenty minutes it was finally "full" of ink. after about a month of printing twenty copies black and white I am down to one third of color ink and half a cartridge of black ink. I was flabbergasted. how could it possibly go through so much ink. after thinking about it I realized that it had to be the ridiculous amount of self cleanings it was doing. so I looked inside to see where the ink was going. what I found was a bowl sitting over the ink head that was filled with a HUGE glob of dried up ink. when the printer does its "cleaning" (about every four pages, or twice a week if your not printing) it is really just setting there and squirting your gold priced ink into a bowl to dry up. below is a list of how HP purposely designed this printer to waste ink and rake in money for them.

- goes through cleanings that completely waste your color and black ink by squirting it into a bowl hidden in your printer (this is really why color ink gets used even though you only print in b/w)
- Has software that will not let you print in just black and white until you go and buy more color ink for it to pump into the bowl hidden in your printer
- HP charges a stupidly ridiculous amount for their ink that you are constantly having to buy

Overall in ink consumption it has used a whole set of cartridges ($50) for maybe twenty pages of prints most of which were black and white. That's at least $2.50 per page. after I run out of my current set I will be getting rid of this ink hog. Most company's now days produce poor items from China, but designing a product to purposely waste resources in order to make more money is as unethical as you can get. I will never buy a single HP item again as long as I live and neither should you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame on you HP, March 26, 2013
HP, in their support forum, indidcates that even when printing b&w, some color is used (supposedly to make the blacks bolder). Therefore, the color cartidges will eventually be emptied, even if printing all b&w.

And worse yet, the printer will not allow you to print in b&w if a color cartridge is empty or low. So you have to keep buying color cartidges no matter what. (I think Scott Adams should do a Dilbert comic on this printer).
Want to print a b&w document?? Sure....just insert new color cartidges !

Lastly, I am troubleshooting one of these for a client (I'm a computer consultant). It has a fatal error regarding the printer or ink system. No error code is given. It just suggests contacting HP support.

I can't imagine relying on this printer, especially in an office environment.

Bottom line: my suggestion; stay away from this printer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lemon., October 24, 2012
Christa (Chicago, Illinois) - See all my reviews
This worked beautifully at first, then quit for no apparent reason. Scanning just doesnt work, hours of tech help not able to resolve. HP is no help at all...

1.0 out of 5 stars Malfunctioning, May 29, 2012
Just in the process of returning this printer. It does everything I need and want but never got to the set up part. I spent 3 hours on with HP in India and they said it was not functioning and return it.
Now they want me to pay for return postage and the product is defective..be careful

2.0 out of 5 stars One ink runs out and you can't print anything, December 19, 2012
Today I ran out of yellow ink in this printer. I discovered, after liking this printer so well, that I could not print a fast draft black ink page until I installed a new yellow ink cartridge. Seriously. So I had to drive 7 miles to the store, buy yellow ink, install the yellow ink cartridge, in order to print one black and white text page. This is not a good thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS PRINTER!, April 12, 2013
P. Wright (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
The HP Office jet 6700 Premium is a very fragile and un-dependable printer. I experienced catastrophic failure after printing only 250 pages. There were error messages saying I needed new ink cartridges. I bought new cartridges to find out it was actually that the printer had hardware issues. I spent over an hour on the phone with HP tech support. They had every excuse about how they are trying to provide the newest technology, when it just won't print. It jams and then dies. HP says they will send a new "re-conditioned" printer. Whoop-de-doo. I asked for a refund and they won't give one. In summary, I have been a long-time HP customer owning several HP computers and many printers. Two new printers have died in the past six month. When running a small business, your printer has to print. Good bye HP. Don't buy this printer or the HP 4620 Officejet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious>>Financial Danger, April 29, 2013
Warning if this printer fails out of the box do not call HP. Just return it right away. HP technical support might waste your time on what is a known defect. At some point they will convince you to try new HP print cartridges because it will be strongly suggested the setup cartridges might be bad. Follow their guidance and you will be out another $50 dollars because stores will not take back used ink cartridges. I suggest a class action lawsuit or an investigation by HP on behalf of all of us who installed new ink cartridges on broken printers per technical support. They should warn you this may not fix the problems.

I would not be surprised if they still post a large profit on the 6700 by getting all of us to install new HP printer cartridges when they know that would not help for the error given. Okay maybe it was not deliberate, but they did profit from it. HP you are a great company and better than this.

Be smart don't buy new cartridges for this printer if is broken out of the box just return it!! Hopefully, this post saves you some money and time. I am updating this post as I do know someone who received a new one that does work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scumbag printer, November 1, 2012
David Moss (Tucson, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
Worst printer I have ever owned. Sure, it worked fine at first. But I have printed only a few color pages over the 3 months I've owned the printer. It now claims the yellow ink is gone and will not allow me to print any more black and white pages until I go to the store and pay more money to replace yellow...

I only want to make a black and white copy! Don't prevent me from printing in black and white just because you claim yellow is gone. I'm sure it's still that cartridge is still full anyway, I've only printed a few pages in color.

This is a money-sucking time-wasting scumbag printer.

Rate and Discover Movies