5.0 out of 5 stars I love the wireless convience
This seems to be a great printer. I am using it as a replacement for my old Cannon PIXMA 3000 which just gave up the ghost. When you read the other reviews that talk about a 30 minute set up time, don't look at that as a sign of difficulty or potential incompetance on the reviewer...this unit does do a 20-30 self diagnostic as part of the set up process. Images are...
Published on June 13, 2009 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: HP's hand will be in your pocket.
I really have no complaints about the print quality or the setup of the wireless function, which is a great convenience in a home network. The reason this printer is going to the recycler is the cost of operation due to HP's decision to gouge consumers on replacement ink cartidges.

If you look up the unit price on replacement cartridges, it does not sound...
Published on October 22, 2010 by bilagaana

‹ Previous | 121 22 23 24 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Works fine...once in a while, July 13, 2010
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer (Office Product)
If you like sitting next to your printer and trying to find the perfect placement in the poorly designed paper tray so that you won't get error messages saying it's empty every two pages, even though you just filled the tray, buy this printer.

If you like wireless connectivity that fails about twice as often as it works, buy this printer.

If you want your page to stop halfway through printing, and enjoy having to pull the half-printed sheet out, tearing it in the process, this is definitely the printer for you.

If you like cursory, barely intelligible manuals and the worst customer support in the industry, by all means, buy this printer.

I tried to find something positive to say about this printer, and the best that I can come up with is that on those all too rare occasions when it prints without mishap, the print quality is acceptable and the speed is just about adequate. Oh, and the wireless connectivity is great...when it works.

The quality of HP printers has declined steadily over the last decade or so, and I think it's reached its nadir with this almost unusable printer. I won't buy any HP printer again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great home printer!, February 25, 2010
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer (Office Product)
When shopping for a new printer I wanted something that would work over wireless and had auto duplexing.(I got really sick of flipping printouts to save paper... only to have it double feed a page and it getting all screwed up). But this printer has met both my desires almost perfectly. My biggest complaints would be that it will occasionally takes a couple minutes for the computer to locate the printer over the wireless network and start printing. The second being that when using the autoduplexing on higher quality settings there is a decent pause before printing the second side of the page while it waits for the ink to dry. The end result is that the ppm can be very slow when duplexing.

I use it mostly to print notes for class, so I'm rarely in a rush, and duplexing saves me money on paper, and space in my binders. A trade off I am more than happy to make. I would definitely purchase it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, March 1, 2010
Eroo (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer (Office Product)
This printer is a piece of crap. It has never consistently worked for me. It takes forever to start up, jams constantly, and just stops printing in general. And now it just doesn't print at all. I've only owned it for four months. Trust me, buy a different printer.

1.0 out of 5 stars HP DROPS THE BALL, February 27, 2010
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer (Office Product)
I have 6 other Hp printers/plotters.
This printer is pure junk. I have had many problems, now the thing is using three times the ink of any printer I have seen. I will make the jump to another company for my printing because of this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great printer, February 13, 2011
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer (Office Product)
Set-up was quick and painless, even though I chose to go wired instead of wireless. Print speed is excellent, and the quality is great for an ink-jet. Installing the print head as well as the ink was unusual, but simple and intuitive. And unlike my previous printer, it even goes into energy-saving mode when not being used. To top it off, the price through Amazon undercut every other source by almost a third! Absolutely no regrets on this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars printer review, October 29, 2010
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer (Office Product)
excellant printer for the money this prints fast and very good color reproduction. have learned my lesson on not using cheap inks, stick with the real thing hp inks work great, also this printer very stingy with ink useage. it does take a little time for warm up, and noisey, but then everything works as should, will be buying this printers big brother 8500 in near future

1.0 out of 5 stars 8000 printer, December 23, 2013
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer (Office Product)
I purchased a used printer and you get what you pay for. This printer would not print a test page and the paper would not feed. the seller was very cooperative in returning the item and giving credit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst online shopping experience in my life, October 31, 2011
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer (Office Product)
I purchased this copier and I had made only about 20 copies when it stopped working. I contacted the seller via Amazon, then I received an auto message from the seller telling me to call them. I called the seller & I was told that I needed to contact the manufacturer and or SquareTrade which is the company I purchased the warranty from. I contacted SquareTrade and they told me to contact the manufacturer because I qualified for a new copier and that because I had insurance they would pick up the shipping to and from the manufacturer. When I contacted the manufacturer I was told that even with the warranty I purchased (two additional years), I did not qualify for an exchange because the that I purchased was too old. Even though I purchased it only three to four months earlier, the copier was an old 2009 model and who ever sold it to me sold me an old machine and the three year warranty was not acceptable, even though I only had the copier for a few months.

So,even having purchased the copier recently with a three year warranty, they could not help me. So now I'm stuck with a no good copier, a no good warranty and you (Amazon) a very disappointed and frustrated customer. I would like for you to view my purchased with or through you (Amazon) so that you can look at my order history. Why? As much shopping as I do with you, I don't feel as though I should be having these problems. For sure, I will no longer purchase electronics or warrant's from you (Amazon) any more.

Now,I purchased an iPad and a warranty from you and am very concerned as to what will happen if, heaven forbid,I have trouble with this iPad.

I need to know two things from you;

l)Are you able in any way to help me resolve my issue with this copier,
2)How can I be sure this will not happen with other electronics purchased through Amazon.

Please don't tell me to send more messages to the warranty company, the seller or the manufacturer as I've already gone in circles with all of them.

AetnaJo Buitron

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble. Easy to set up., May 19, 2011
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer (Office Product)
The instructions were easy to follow in assembling. The software was easy to follow the instructions and installed easy but it took a lot of time for it to install. I installed it on 3 different computers. One Vista. One Windows 7 and One Windows XP. It worked first time on all of them without a hitch. I bought this because of the expected savings on ink. I'm expecting about 50% savings. I saved about $45.00 buying from Amazon over Staples.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for. :), April 25, 2011
This review is from: HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer (Office Product)
Takes forever to "start up", like 25minutes? that was the initial set up that is.
Other than that we'll see how long the ink lasts, which was one of the key elements
i was looking for.