Top positive review
76 people found this helpful
(UPDTATED) DO NOT BUY!!!!
on December 22, 2012
THIS COMPUTER DIED ON ME AFTER ONLY 2 YEARS. NEVER BUYING After a week with this Pavilion with hours put into it, I am more than pleased with its performance. I gave it 5 stars because this desktop will not disappoint you. In opinion and fact I will divide what I think is great and not so great. First, the great
1) SUPER FAST START UP: After the first time turning it on, it quickly went through the start-up process in which it booted windows and took my info. minor stuff. Very easy process. After that I went on a download spree just downloading "FREE" programs ;) The second time I started it, it took 10 seconds. The third time and on its been taking 2 seconds to turn on and ready to go. Its as if you put your phone to vibrate and leave it alone until you need it. It comes on that FAST!
2) It's really quiet. I mean you know its on but there's no annoying loud fan.
3) THE SPPECS!: 1 TB HDD is plenty . It says it has a total 910 GB and I'm not complaining. It also has 6GB of RAM which is good for multitasking. There's compact flash, sd/mmc, xD/Smart Media, and a Memory Stick Port. There's also an optical drive and a blank expansion Bay for any drive you want. THe graphics are amazing even if you just have VGA to VGA. The sound is superb as well. You can upgrade to many channeled speakers.
4) WINDOWS 8: Some people hate this windows but I don't know why. I am a super fan of it. Its like a computer and a smart tablet put together. What I love mostly is if you drag the mouse to the top right of the screen it brings up a start screen that quickly brings up a list of options, search, share, Start, Devices, and settings. When you're at the windows 8 screen everything you need is there. A desktop view, music, videos, games, apps, the store, Xbox live account. I love it.
5) FAST: From running apps to surfing the web to playing music and watching videos, everything is done with top notch speed.
6) COMPATIBILITY: They have started making nearly all programs to be compatible with win8. Word 2013 is amazing.
7) UPDATE: USB ports IN FRONT and BACK. My IPOD TOUCH is accessible on my computer when I plug it into the front and I was able to make a back up with no problem.
8) UPDATE: TRANSFERING FILES: Maybe all computers can do this but I spent the whole day today transferring old files from my win 7 laptop to this WIRELESSLY. Its pretty nice.
9) UODATE:DUAL SCREEN: I tested it out by having one monitor hooked up with VGA to VGA and another DVI to HDMI and after an easy set-up I was able to put two screens together and make it look like one big screen. U could also duplicate it which I found cool. However, the graphics with VGA were kind of not centered but that's what happens because its only VGA. It would have been amazing if this desktop would be the first to have two VGA ports but it's alright for me.
1) Minor bugs. I figured out YouTube hates Internet Explorer. Once in a while you will experience a graphics plugin problem on youtube when watching a video. It simply darkens the screen and quickly refreshes saying its all better now. It hasn't happen to me on Fire Fox or Google Chrome though and it isn't that bad because I only loose two seconds to it.
2) STUFF: The keyboard and mouse that it is supplied with is kind of a let down. I mean I like that the keyboard has stands on it but its too loud for me. The mouse click is annoying and the keyboard has this crescent button that if pressed the computer goes quickly into sleep or hibernation mode. However, it can be awaken quick if you press it again. You can improve this with buying a wireless keyboard with built in mouse for like 20-30 bucks but remember this is my opinion. It may not bother you.
3) No HDMI port. This is small thing where I see AMD computers not offering. It may not affect you but an Hdmi port allowed both Video and audio to transfer. However, 6 channel audio and VGA to HDMI make me happy.
4) If you keep your computer under a table towards the wall, you have to turn the computer to plug something in. However, its no problem for me because I have a USB Extender that allows for a wire to be plugged into a USB port and then that wire to anything. I keep it right next to my keyboard for easy access.
THATS IT! I love this desktop and I hope you buy it too. I bought it when it had no reviews and I'm glad I did. I don't like to include price in my reviews because they can change but right now at 379.99. You can't beat it. JUST BUY IT. Thank you for reading and I appreciate any feedback!
I will try to respond in a month on how this computer is going.