Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP Pavilion 17-e118dx 17.3-Inch Notebook (1.90 GHz AMD A-Series A8-4500M Processor, 4GB DDR3L, 750GB HDD, Windows 8)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 9, 2014
windows 8.1 sucks, but the computer is awesome...unlike cheapie laptops from Walmart, this computer has a Ram access etc. Same chassis as older Pavilions, but much faster processor. Could use 8 gigs of RAM instead of 4. The touch pad is not smooth and will take some getting used to. Smoking deal at $444.00
88 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2014
This laptop is freaking awesome i baught it 3weeks ago but wanted some time to mess with it before i wrote a review the i use it as a gaming computer and only that i play LEAGUE OF LEGENDS & TEAM FORTRESS and let me tell you its PERFECT! On league of legends on default graphics settings i get 40-50 FPS (with no shadows) and on team fortress on default settings there is almost any lag at all. This really surprises me because my last computer i had to have 8gb of RAM FOR IT TO RUN THIS Soomthly it was an Hp pavilion 2013 model sorry to actual number for model but on this beauty if i can get these results with only 4gb of RAM i cant imagine when i upgrade it to 8GB OF RAM IT blow everything away! Ill probably get 100-120 FPS in LEAGUE OF LEGENDS AND ZERO LAG IN TEAM FORTRESS. If u want a super cheap but good laptop i recommend this for anyone but if u want it for casual use it will be perfect for you as well.
on August 28, 2014
This laptop is perfect! I use it for photo editing, online courses, and music. It gets the job done successfully and fast. The delivery on this laptop was ridiculously fast. I am over all a happy HP Pavilion owner now. I recommend this seller for sure.
on August 20, 2014
Really impressed with the screen. Very nice resolution. Downloads are moderately fast. Web cam isn't that great, but who buys a laptop for the cam anyway? All around a really good computer for the price. It also shipped in like 3 days. That was awesome :) only giving it four because McAfee is a pain and the speakers are kinda crappy.
on November 4, 2014
Let me start by saying the HP support team has been very helpful and fixed all my needs. The laptop crashed two weeks after purchase. It constantly updates and will freeze during the update causing me to have to do a factory reset. I didn't have much saved on it due to only owning it for two weeks but still. Laptops shouldn't crash within two weeks
on September 3, 2014
From the moment this laptop arrived I have loved it. The size is impressive especially for the price. I think I got a great deal. The only reason. I didn't give it 5 stars because of the keys, they are not very raised. This makes it a little bit harder when typing. Other than that I love love love my laptop.
Let me state upfront that I am not at all computer-savvy and that my needs are pretty simple (easy to use access to internet being the main one). I was in the market for a laptop, and I asked my 27 yr. old son what he recommended for me, based on what he knew of my needs. My one requirement was to get as big a screen as possible, and it appears that 17.3 inches is the largest available, at least as far as we could tell from looking at what Amazon was offering. In the end my son suggested this HP Pavilion Notebook.

I've had this for a week or so now. I must say that overall I am quite pleased with the way things worked out. The laptop arrived within days of ordering. My son then basically set it up for me. The one big adjustment from what I have been, and am, used to is that this is Windows 8.1, hence no "Start" menu (my son tells me that the reaction of the public at large was so negative that in the next generation of Windows, the "Start" menu is coming back). The biggest drawback that I've seen from my limited use so far is that it takes 4 or 5 steps to shut down the laptop (or put it in sleep mode). Why, oh why must that be so complicated?

As to the laptop itself, it is easy to use, and the video playback quality is great. The battery lasts long enough for my purposes (I usually reload overnight and then I'm good to go the next day). Bottom line: being neither tech-savvy nor computer-savvy, I am pleased with the HP Pavilion Notebook, and would readily recommend it based on my experience to date.
on September 30, 2014
I love it. Its fast, HUGE, and has a beautiful design. This is my second Pavillion and I must say I got what I paid for. Oh the new windows is easy to use, well to me because I own a XBOX One but you will get use to it and I love how I can have multiple screens open at once like my Note 3
on June 17, 2015
The computer itself is nice, however, Windows was not activated on it and it will not install updates. It get's stuck in the updates screen and one day it took 9 hours for it to get out of that screen. I have updates turned off and the activate windows prompt pops up every 3 hours and interrupts whatever you're doing. Meanwhile when you click the prompt to activate windows, it will not even let you access that section on the computer. Worst waste of money. Huge Headache. Not Happy.
on September 4, 2014
Well I like the computer it's self and when it decides to work it's great. Windows 8 is the real problem nothing runs with it and even internet explorer doesn't like to work with it. I tried to use Microsoft office with it and it worked twice then decided to stop took me two days to figure out how to fix the problem, deleting and redownloading it. I got this to do homework on but usually I am to busy trying to find out why it won't open things.